Kurokawa

FH16 tractor conversion

Hi, first thanks for letting me join this forum, long time visitor and finally decide to sign up XD

I have some experience in scale model (1/35 military and Gundam) and diorama but never big scale RC truck, and always tempted to have my first truck

I love to have a 3rd gen FH16, however, it seem only rigid is available. I have done some googling and download some building instructions

I believe there are two way I could do it

1. FH16 Timber Truck, then sorce a shorter chassis rail, prop shaft, fifth wheel assembly and may be side shirt

2. Any tractor unit, then sorce a FH16 complete cab

Solution 1 seem more feasible, as I could not found any FH16 cab sold anywhere?

Or am I completely out of league as I never build any large scale RC

or any better solution?

Thanks

• Like 1

@Kurokawawelcome aboard! Glad you have joined us 😁.

Good on you for getting involved, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Personally, I'd go for option 1 you have mentioned. Others may chime in with some further advice.

Whatever you do, make sure you take some pics and share them with us here so we can live vicariously though your build 😄😎....looking forward to following your progress.

Cheers

Kurt

• Thanks 1

i reccomend a mix of the two.

buy two complete kits.  both the FH16 logging truck, and a different Tamiya truck that has the frame/suspension setup you want.  put the FH16 cab on the other chassis.  This will actually cost you less than buying a logging truck and finding other parts to make it what you want.

you can then sell the leftover parts on ebay, or keep them as spares

• Thanks 1

You've got good advice already! IF you have the funds (definitely not a cheap option!), @tim.senecal has a good idea, plus it leaves you another entire Chassis, to build something else!! 😎 

Welcome aboard!! We love to help, and LOVE pictures!

• Like 1