Sign in to follow this  
Rally!

Buzzing Servo

Hi.

I finally got around to setting up the electronics on my car. When I turn everything on, the steering servo makes a loud buzzing noise. I removed it from the car to make sure it wasn't a steering linkage issue and it still buzzes. 

Is this normal?

Servo is a Futaba S3004. Radio is a Futaba 3PV.

Thanks.

It shouldn't buzz, but is there a way you can set your radio to use analog servo?  That could fix the issue as most newer radios are default to run digital servo's.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

It shouldn't buzz, but is there a way you can set your radio to use analog servo?  That could fix the issue as most newer radios are default to run digital servo's.  

Not sure if there is a way to do that. It's a new radio so I'm not familiar with it yet. 

It seems like the buzzing is from the plastic steering arm and bridge (Tamiya parts) attached to the servo. When I hold or press down on them, the buzzing goes away and it just turns into a 'humming' noise. 

I guess it's a bit like a rattle in the interior of a car. Hmmm.

2 hours ago, Rally! said:

It seems like the buzzing is from the plastic steering arm and bridge (Tamiya parts) attached to the servo. When I hold or press down on them, the buzzing goes away and it just turns into a 'humming' noise. 

I had that before, it is like the servo is "in-between" position and it cannot decide which is the correct position. I switch it out for a different servo and it went away, so maybe not a radio problem.

• Thanks 1

You are probably in the T-FHSS High Speed mode. This is not compatible with analog servos. You can change it in the SYS menu. This is explained in the manual of the 3PV. The manual is a little bit written in broken English 😅 but you should be able to get in SYS and get out of High Speed with the +/- buttons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

You are probably in the T-FHSS High Speed mode. This is not compatible with analog servos. You can change it in the SYS menu. This is explained in the manual of the 3PV. The manual is a little bit written in broken English 😅 but you should be able to get in SYS and get out of High Speed with the +/- buttons.

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try.

Yes, the manual is pretty confusing.

Much appreciated!

• Like 1

@Pylon80 Thanks for your input yesterday. I tried it out, and it worked perfectly. Totally silent and smooth. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rally! said:

@Pylon80 Thanks for your input yesterday. I tried it out, and it worked perfectly. Totally silent and smooth. Much appreciated!

Glad it worked! Time to go driving 🙂

• Like 1