Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Wild Willy competition now open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This months competition is a little bit 'special' because of a very special prize which is on offer. Up for grabs is this superb custom painted Willy driver, created and personalised for the club by our very own http://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=2375fabrimtb

How do you win, well thats not easy. You need to come up with a great photo which is inspired by Wild Willy, something which all our subscribers think is worth of thier votes.That does not mean you photo has to be of a Wild Willy - although it can be. The image can be anything as long as there is a connection, eg it could be a great Willy or wheeler resto, it could be great action shots of any drivers in any models, it could be any jeep conversion Willy might like to drive, it could be different drivers in Willys jeep or Willy driving other cars - it really is up to you as long as there is a connection. The subscribers votes will decide who deserves to win.

PLEASE NOTICE THE DATES - THEY ARE NOT THE NORMAL MONTH ENDSid="red">

Please note:

- Any entry which is even vaguely rude will be deleted.

- Enteries will be accepted from Saturday 23rd October until the 15th November 2004 (or until all 100 places are full)

- Voting opens on the 15th November and closes on the 30th November (Just 2 weeks).

- IF YOU ENTER YOU MUST VOTE FOR THREE OTHER CARS AT THE VOTING STAGE OR YOU CANNOT WIN

- The competition is limited to the first 100 entries.

- Each member can only enter ONE showroom item.

You can enter it here http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

Just had a look and there seems to be a lot of stuff in the comp that has nothing to do with Wild Willy's.

Yep saw some odd stuff myself, but I'm not going to do anything about it unless we get more than 100 enteries. If people want to waste their entry on something unrelated then thats up to them. Hopefully the subscribers will still vote for the ones that have gotten into the real spirit of the comp.

I'm not going to list all my suggestions again, I've already done it 3+ times in various places. Just to say your entry does not have to feature Wild Willy but there has to be some sort of connection there.

cheers

Chris

Chris, How did my custom lunchbox end up in there? I have not knowingly entered anything in this competition as the only Wild Willy related items I have is my NIB and prior to that was the NIB I sold to you a while back.

Can you remove my entry please. Thanks Chris

Chris,

can you clear up what we are voting on here.

I looked through again and there is such a mixed bag of stuff, mostly it seems having nothing to do with Willy, Wild or otherwise.

I did wonder what half the entries in there were all about, alot have absolutely no relation in any way to a wild willy, a wild willy driver etc.

LOL - Sorry I just can't type it out again, done it four times already and it will drive me mad to do it again. Its even at the top of this thread!!

Some entries got past my 'cull' the other weekend, which is why there are still some in there that should have been removed but I figured the voters would just ignore them as there are plenty of great ones to choose.

I've checked the voting and it seems that most people have got the hang of what I was talking about[;)]

top of the page describes how to win, doesn't really describe to us voters what we are voting for.

But if everyone seems to be getting it, it must just be me being up too late. well it is half past 1 in the morning.....