SlideWRX

Do 1.7" wheels fit the CC-02 front axle?

It looks like all the trucks released on the CC-02 have all been 1.9 inch wheels.  I have a plan to put Tamiya 1/14 scale truck hex wheels on the front, however I came across a shot of the front axle, and it looks like it could be an issue.  The 1/14 wheels are 1.7", so I loose ~4.5mm diameter, or a little over 2mm on the radius, and this pic shows it would be VERY close to the kingpin (steering axis) screws:

spacer.png

Does anyone have this combination of parts to check?  A rear dually wheel like this:

spacer.png

Thanks for any info.

While this doesn’t remotely answer the question, would something like Tamiya 53141 help gain a lower profile on the kingpins if it’s a tight fit? I don’t know that those specific ones fit but there must be something similar that would if they don’t. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ad456 said:

...would something like Tamiya 53141 help gain a lower profile on the kingpins if it’s a tight fit?

That was my next question :lol:  The CC-02 lists 4x10 step screws and GF-01 lists 4x11.5.  The GF-01 is in the list of vehicles that can upgrade to this.  It looks like the step is the same size, with a bit more thread, so I could cut the thread down.  I need some measurements to see if the step is the same length. :)

• Like 1

Fingers crossed I’ll remember to measure my standard WR-01 kingpins for you tomorrow. They should be the same as the GF01/WR02. If you don’t get someone else chime in and I forget then just give me a prod and I’ll get on it

16 hours ago, SlideWRX said:

Does anyone have this combination of parts to check?  A rear dually wheel like this:

I do in fact have this combination. Sorry, but it's a no go. Even with low profile kingpins, they are not going to fit. There's too much offset built into the wheel, they hit the steering arms as well. you'd need some serious hex wideners, maybe 10mm per side for it to clear. 

• Thanks 1

Isn’t there a 12mm hex front 1/14 wheel that Tamiya make that might fit? If it’s got the look you’re after of course. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that is what I'm after - a 1/14 front or rear wheel that is 12mm hex.  I'm not familiar with the 1/14 trucks enough to know which ones have that, so I was thinking of the rears.  Do any of the Tamiya 1/14 trucks have a driven steering axle, with 12mm hex?  I think the racing trucks on the TT-01 chassis use a 1.7" wheel, so I could try that. 

I am trying to figure out what Semi/tractor-trailer truck style wheel will fit on a CC-02 within a ~188mm wide body.  I've got the body, but not a chassis yet.

I think I just need to get the kit, put it together and see what I have and what I can do.  Enough of this CAT - Computer Aided Tinkering.  Time to get parts in hand! :D

Although... @OldSchoolRC1, which fit 'better?  The rear dually hex or the TT-01? :)  Which one probably requires less extension?  Thank you for all your help!