kontemax

FIAT 131 ABARTH RC 1/10 OLIO FIAT?

This seems a new future release in Tamiya and I did never understand why Tamiya didn't do it, until now.
Are my prayers reality, now?
This was my first ever remote controlled car, with the wire, made in Italy by REEL TOYS.
I was 4 or 5 years old, the model could only go straight forward and right reverse, nothing else.
It was 1976 or 1977 if I remember well.
The model was a Christmas present from Fiat, where my father worked, for all employes' sons.
One of my more remote recall from my childhood.

https://tamiyablog.com/2023/06/tamiya-58723-1-10-rc-fiat-131-abarth-rally-olio-fiat-mf-01x-chassis/?fbclid=IwAR2HYNyzxEGYC3gyI9qNzgNljXyKgqPXzaGJfVMpbtpegudE3EOirSgiLHQ

Max

image.png.60830ec103980be0ec9f777b24079f50.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Finalmente!!!! 

I had a feeling when they rereleased the 1/20 kit that we would see this?  Maybe next we can get the Stratos? 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Che cazzo dici? My italian ends here so I will just ask in plain english: is the "Olio" part of the Fiat brand? It seems to be part of the logo? And then there is also an "Abarth" on the car? So what's the history behind this? :) 

• Haha 1

I like it! 

Driver and navigator included, too!  

I wonder what kind of tires would come with it.  They'll probably include super-rugged and non-scale block tires most likely.  But I wish they'd include a new set of scale-looking tires with this one. 

10 minutes ago, Juggular said:

I like it! 

I wonder what kind of tires would come with it.  They'll probably include super-rugged and non-scale block tires most likely.  But I wish they'd include a new set of scale-looking tires with this one. 

I imagine it will have the m chassis rallye blocks on either the Panasport rims or the Abarth 1000 TCR rims. I doubt they will make a new set of rims 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zuqbu said:

Che cazzo dici? My italian ends here so I will just ask in plain english: is the "Olio" part of the Fiat brand? It seems to be part of the logo? And then there is also an "Abarth" on the car? So what's the history behind this? :) 

It means "what the f*** are you saying?"

Anyway Olio Fiat (Fiat Oil) also known as Oliofiat, was a official line of lubricants for automotive.
The line was born in 1912 changed it's name in FL,  Fiat Lubrificanti (Fiat Lubricants) in 1980 and in Selènia in 2003.
Today is property of Petronas.
The Fiat oil had a very excellent quality.

Max

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Where have you seen that? Be great if it came with an interior.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toyolien said:

Where have you seen that? Be great if it came with an interior.

Sorry, I got that wrong. 

Tamiya says that this is a boxart for their 1/20 static kit.  There was no mention of the interior for the RC version.  

gHSTEKR.png

7 hours ago, Juggular said:

Sorry, I got that wrong. 

Tamiya says that this is a boxart for their 1/20 static kit.  There was no mention of the interior for the RC version.  

Aah, that's a shame. I thought Tamiya were introducing an M-chassis specific interior...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kontemax said:

Obviously a RWD conversion is mandatory.

Max

Or just put the shell on an M-08B)

This brings back good memories. I got a Polistil slotcar some 40 years ago. In the Alitalia-livery though. I still have it somewhere. Possibly at the loft at my mothers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kontemax said:

This was my first ever remote controlled car, with the wire, made in Italy by REEL TOYS.
I was 4 or 5 years old, the model could only go straight forward and right reverse, nothing else.

I've had the 1/13(!) scale Fiat 131 by Reggiana Elettronica too. Mine was cable remote. As you probably know Max, REEL had a couple of quite nice 1/10 scale cars too. I've bought the Alfa Romeo Carabo and Ferrari P5 with the intention to mount the bodies on "proper" RC-chassises. I've also got a 1/10 Mercedes C111 and 1/10 Ferrari P5 from the Spanish company Paya, and the P5 from Paya is a bit nicer than the one from REEL. Also, the Italian company Ellegi had a nice 1/6 scale Pininfarina Ferrari 512 Modulo. All these toys look a bit garish, but the proportions are good, requiring only a lick of paint and replacement of the blue/red windows too look realistic.

I think Italian, Spanish and to some extent French toy companies made the nicest large scale cars in the '60's and '70's. 

7fd57100-602e-4dc4-a789-50e2d2cc40eb.jpg 

d227cecb-860c-4d12-8fb0-ed81bcc8bb9d.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

lot.jpg

• Like 10

The 131 would make an awesome box art m chassis Kit. Sadly I do not believe they will make one. 

Love this so f… much, this Abarth is a must have for me as i always had a thing for Abarth versions in general. BUT im recently bought M-08R that will be my Summer Vacation build in July and this Body will probably fit, so the question is: is it so that Tamiya always give out spare lexan bodies for their kits?, hope drivers will be available as well.

• Like 1

Considering that Tamiya is re-releasing the 1/24 Lancia Stratos Turbo in full Alitalia livery makes me hope that the RC 131 eventually will be released in the Alitalia livery too. The Olio Fiat livery is OK, but the Alitalia livery looks fantastic on virtually any car.

image.png.a3c8d103660662ad4d3f7f739684c134.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's about time someone releases a dedicated rally gravel tire/wheel combo. I suggest a tire/wheel combo of 1.55"/1.9"? The small outer diameter would produce a taller tire wall and 1.9" will make them fit existing tc/rally chassis. Outer tire diameter 65-70mm and width, say 24mm? 

Just a thought c'',)

This is amazing, and totally unexpected. I love that it's in the Olio Fiat livery!

On 6/9/2023 at 3:28 PM, Raman36 said:

Maybe next we can get the Stratos? 

That would be beyond great, the Stratos -and the Beta Montecarlo Turbo- have always been on top of my wishlist. 

On 6/9/2023 at 8:59 PM, kontemax said:

Obviously a RWD conversion is mandatory.

Absolutely agree 

• Like 3

:wub: I hope they release a body set

12 hours ago, GreatDane said:

It's about time someone releases a dedicated rally gravel tire/wheel combo. I suggest a tire/wheel combo of 1.55"/1.9"? The small outer diameter would produce a taller tire wall and 1.9" will make them fit existing tc/rally chassis. Outer tire diameter 65-70mm and width, say 24mm? 

Just a thought c'',)

The TT truck tires 51589 are close, albeit with a road thread. They fit a standard M-size rim and are 70mm diameter. I think they are a bit too tall for M-size cars, perhaps 67mm would be ideal.

VW Hornet-02.JPG

Tamiya Rc On Road Racing Truck Tires / Tamiya USA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OoALEJOoO said:

:wub: I hope they release a body set

The TT truck tires 51589 are close, albeit with a road thread. They fit a standard M-size rim and are 70mm diameter. I think they are a bit too tall for M-size cars, perhaps 67mm would be ideal.

VW Hornet-02.JPG

Tamiya Rc On Road Racing Truck Tires / Tamiya USA

I am aware of the TT Truck tire and M-chassis wheels. But the combo is only a direct fit to the M-chassis and standard TT02 with some added spacers just to push the wheel a few mm. The combo won't fit the XV-01 and XV-02 chassis to my knowledge, due to the M-chassis wheels small inner diameter. It will rub the suspension.

Looks awesome. One way diff in the front will give 2WD with 4 wheel brakes which seems to work well. The car is quite rear heavy so RWD not an issue.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 9:28 PM, Raman36 said:

Maybe next we can get the Stratos? 🤞

I wonder where the molds for the Nichimo 1/10 Stratos are? Since Nichimo closed in 2013, I don't think any Nichimo kit has been re-released by any other company, which is untypical. The Nichimo 1/10 Stratos is so good that I would love to see Tamiya take the old molds into use and give us a detailed hardbody Stratos, although a proper Stratos lexan body would be great too. The existing ones aren't that great. 

• Like 1

The best solution for nice scale looking gravel tyres for larger 190mm non m-chassis cars is this:

Too big for the new 131 Abarth and other m-chassis, but it looks really great on the larger chassis. I'm currently building a Celica and a Delta with the above setup, see attached. 

@GreatDane is correct: m-chassis wheels won't clear the hubs of an XV01-2 but if you cut the wheels as per the video it works. It's a great gravel tyre.

I agree though, someone needs to start making scale wheels and tyres for rally cars - the crawler scene has so many amazing options!

Tamiya also really need to stop putting the Abarth wheel on everything too, but ironically it'll look ok for the 131! The Golf MK2 needs some nice 5 spokes or BBS wheels. The 2cv rally with the beetle wheels is just...sacrilege! :lol: 

The challenge with the m-chassis really cars is to get the rims small enough to look scale and provide a tall side wall, yet clear the hubs. Maybe the solution is to 3D print a rim with a fake sidewall like these Streetjam rims, just so you can use standard tyres.

spacer.png

^^^ Like this but in m-chassis size

The advantage with the 131 Rally is it actually has quite small wheels and tyres for the size of it's body, so I think this model is going to look pretty scale even with the standard Abarth rims and m-chassis rally block tyres.

spacer.png

Though I think if I've got to have this kit, which I do, I really do, it's going to need some deep dish heavy offset wheels like this:

spacer.png

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 11.58.33.png

• Thanks 2