Twinfan

PSA: Plaza Japan discount codes

Just an FYI for anyone in the market for a PJ order.  "DISCOUNT1200" gets you 1200 Yen (about £7) off any order over 10,000 Yen.  Not much, but it brings shipping down to around £12 to the UK.  Details are on the PJ home page.  There's also a smaller 500 Yen discount for smaller orders.

I couldn't help myself and have just placed a £135 magic limit order  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

7 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

Just an FYI for anyone in the market for a PJ order.  "DISCOUNT1200" gets you 1200 Yen (about £7) off any order over 10,000 Yen.  Not much, but it brings shipping down to around £12 to the UK.  Details are on the PJ home page.  There's also a smaller 500 Yen discount for smaller orders.

Read your post in the nick of time, thank you sir!

• Like 1

No worries!  Only spotted it myself while price checking something a short while ago, then had to jump on a order.  :D

Oh that was enough to tip me over and buy a SuperStock, more Clean Brushes & some Tamiya Tools that is far cheaper here than anywhere else, im far over the limit though so im prepared for Tax fee :).

Please do not post warnings on discount coupon’s, its the little push i need ;) 

edit:
Going to put it in my M08r build that is delayed now due to 🌧️ (paint job), will probably have to wait for Aug as im off on vacation now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife is going shopping at Kyosho Village and Tamiya Plamodel Factory in Tokyo today for me, so will see if there are items that she could not get due to inventory and I will order those through PJ..  👍

Update.  Looks like Kyosho Village Tokyo was out on a few things so going to place order on PJ later today.   My wife is there on business so no more time for my shopping.  :D     (I got a $3.50 discount and a $23 FedEx bill.. :ph34r:  lol.  but still cheaper than buying state side :blink:)..

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 3

I am not sure if it is just me, but i see less and less stock… maybe plaza japan got too popular?

• Like 1

Pro tip: click "place order" first, then remember that you needed to enter the discount code. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:10 AM, Sogogi said:

I am not sure if it is just me, but i see less and less stock… maybe plaza japan got too popular?

It's not just you, I'm after some newer stuff and they haven't updated their Tamiya listings for months. When I emailed about an item which came out almost 9 months ago they just gave a generic response that what was available was listed and that they couldn't order anything that wasn't already on the online catalogue.

I'm getting Banzai Hobby shivers!! :unsure:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Pro tip: click "place order" first, then remember that you needed to enter the discount code. 🙄

Classic!

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:42 PM, Twinfan said:

Thanks for the heads-up, I've been gradually building a basket over the last few weeks and this compelled me to hit 'Buy'! 36 items, mostly sundries but a few chassis-specific parts too, all in stock 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Yeah, don't worry about it.   It's only a tiny discount you get and the massive air freight just hides it anyway.  :D   But you do get the weak JPY discount too (I think, right?) so you still got a great deal.

On 7/11/2023 at 12:10 AM, Sogogi said:

I thought I read somewhere that Tamiya Japan discountinued supporting online stores that sell outside Japan..(?) not sure how true that is, but I read it here on TC so it must be true..  :lol:

Kyosho is just slow to update their inventory globally so I wouldn't worry about their stuff.  Even Kyosho Village was out of several items when my wife visited their Tokyo location last weekend.  I am sure in time, stuff will begin stocking up again.. hopefully.  :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I thought I read somewhere that Tamiya Japan discountinued supporting online stores that sell outside Japan..(?) not sure how true that is, but I read it here on TC so it must be true..  :lol:

Kyosho is just slow to update their inventory globally so I wouldn't worry about their stuff.  Even Kyosho Village was out of several items when my wife visited their Tokyo location last weekend.  I am sure in time, stuff will begin stocking up again.. hopefully.  :ph34r:

I was waiting for some items to come back in stock.. but i may need to just order what they have (+ while their promo code is still alive)

• Like 1

Does anyone know how long the promo code will be good for?

Just a quick update to this old thread that the same offers are currently on the PJ website for a few pounds off  :)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

Just a quick update to this old thread that the same offers are currently on the PJ website for a few pounds off  :)

It works! Cheers for the update. 

No worries, just placed an order myself so thought I'd pass it on.

Every little helps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinfan said:

No worries, just placed an order myself so thought I'd pass it on.

Every little helps!

Cheers for the reminder. Been umming and ahhing about a second set of Big Bores for a while and this makes it easier...

Yep, I nearly order a set too but wasn't sure which car(s) I could fit them to.  I already have some lined up for my TD2 and TD4 so I think that's plenty.

I cleared them out of Super Stock BZ motors instead  :lol:

28 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

I cleared them out of Super Stock BZ motors instead  :lol:

So that's why I had to order TZs :lol:

1 minute ago, Nick-W said:

So that's why I had to order TZs :lol:

:D

I've been waiting for ages for them to come back into stock.  They had 2 or 3 a week or so ago which soon got whittled down to 1 then none.  However, they re-stocked over the weekend.  Hopefully the supply of Super Stock motors is back up again now.  It's been patchy at PJ for quite a while.

You're all safe from me. I popped another TBLM in my basket. Don't understand the Basil Brushes. 

• Haha 1

Grrr… i just ordered a few things last week… i guess time to place another order… hehehe

On 7/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, ChrisRx718 said:

It's not just you, I'm after some newer stuff and they haven't updated their Tamiya listings for months. When I emailed about an item which came out almost 9 months ago they just gave a generic response that what was available was listed and that they couldn't order anything that wasn't already on the online catalogue.

I'm getting Banzai Hobby shivers!! :unsure:

Plaza has always been this way, they’re slow to list parts for new products. Can take anywhere from 6 months to a year for them to add it.

Don’t have banzai fears just yet, they restocked a lot parts recently.. special those super stock motors, they were out of stock for months. 

I too placed an order last week after someone on here posted the off-road TRF big bores were around $35.. couldn’t help myself and ordered them for my BBX and used the coupon to save $8 lol. Order has yet to ship though