Hi all - first post for aggggeesss ive got a bargain cc02 defender to build (kit was £150) 1080 esc, 1’55 and 1.9 tyres with beadlock wheels on the way from aliexpress, ive got some questions and hope someone can offer advice, 1.servo anything that can be done about mounting position? 2. i was looking at the YR under body protection, is it worth it? 3.any upgrade parts worth it for the build? i see the shafts ‘twist’ so not sure if i should get the YR ones or the upgraded tamiya ones? 4. diffs! will be running slow ‘up the woods’ so mud/trail driving, locks the diffs or fill them with ceramic grease? any and all advice welcome please! thanks! 

thanks for the reply was worried no one did anything to this truck ! what are they ? are they the 54945?

I’m a new CC02 owner, built mine for slow and low. The plan is to keep it as stock and affordable as possible. I started out with ball bearings, stock electronics and locked diffs. I found that mounting the steering servo vertically was an improvement over horizontally. My plan to upgrade the drive shafts and steering components with metal parts when the plastic ones wear out. 

in the meantime I’m enjoying driving it and learning it’s abilities and limitations. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tkmaxxx said:

so how do you change the steering servo location? 

I believe the manual gives you the option of mounting the steering servo horizontally or vertically.

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

I believe the manual gives you the option of mounting the steering servo horizontally or vertically.

yes. For some reason my inclination was to mount it horizontally and found the steering to be horrible in that configuration. Setting it vertically after building it requires some tear down. 

I have a cc02. And i did rims and tires, and aluminum links and mounts from GPM . Water proof servo. Tamiya bearing kit is essential, Everything else is stock. 

IMG_4851.jpeg

• Like 1