An_RC_Guy

FF-01 Parts Compatibility

I've recently picked up an FF-01 chassis and was wondering about parts compatibility. I've done some light research and it seems that quite a few parts from the TA02 are cross compatible with the FF01. From what I've found the hubs, knuckles, and chassis should all be cross compatible. I've heard the here is a chance the TA02SW carbon chassis along with J-parts tree fits on the FF-01 and am wondering if anyone has attempted it?

There is no ''TA02SW carbon chassis' - it's just same one for all TA02 variants. It also fits the FF01. I think there might be specific parts on the plastic parts sprue that are for use with the FF01 (possibly steerijg links).

• Thanks 1

Even the steering links are the same. Everything aft of the front bulkhead is cross compatible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Even the steering links are the same. Everything aft of the front bulkhead is cross compatible. 

According to the manual (for the original frp conversion set) they use different steering links. J1 and 2 for TA02 and J4 and 5 for the FF01.

• Thanks 2

Yes to all @rich_f said.

Plus the diff and outdrives and damper are the same to the TA-02. You can also use TA-02 body posts though they look a bit different to the ones the FF-01 originally came with (in the rear).

• Thanks 1

Front drive shafts/universal shafts, C-hubs and front knuckles of the FF-01/TA-02/03 and CC-01 are also compatible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To use the newer carbon conversion set, you’ll also need a few different screws here and there, so follow what’s on the FWD variant of the original chassis conversion instruction sheet (5th image onwards in the link) and you’ll be fine spacer.pnghttps://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=89267&id=2400. This also tells you which steering links and other parts from the J tree are specific to the FF01. This conversion when using the original parts is a well worn path by many including myself - see here: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=139631&id=16836, and as the newer conversion set plates look near identical (https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=138235&id=16836) see last image, and the J parts are the same, it should work.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rich_f said:

According to the manual (for the original frp conversion set) they use different steering links. J1 and 2 for TA02 and J4 and 5 for the FF01.

Interesting - the ones for the stock plastic tub versions are the same. I wonder why the differences are called for when switching to FRP or carbon plates?

• Like 1