Sign in to follow this  
foz75

Fire Dragon?

Not my favourite buggy by any means, but under the shell are they exactly the same as any other thundershot chassis (other than mono or dual front shock of course )? Can the thundershot or terra scorcher body be fitted? 

1 hour ago, foz75 said:

Can the thundershot or terra scorcher body be fitted? 

Yes.

The Fire Dragon is a "lower end" buggy like the Thudershot or Thunder Dragon, its only "upgrade" over those two being the twin front shocks. The Terra Scorcher was the fully loaded version of that chassis. All the shells interchange, though I believe the Thunder Dragon shell requires some extra trimming to accept the twin front shocks.

You can use the Thunder Dragon shell as-is with dual shocks if you use the single shock tower, as I did back in the day. It rubs a little but it's fine.

The dual shock cars have extra shock mounting parts trees (G parts from memory) but you get the others as part of the other trees in the kits. As a result all bodies mount a little differently but you should be able to fit the Terra Scorcher to the Fire Dragon. Not sure if you need specific parts for the rear wing though.

You gonna need the G parts treet to get the rear bodymont. Then you also get the wing mount. The front body mont is there as well.

Just checked the manuals and the G parts trees are different for Fire Dragon/Saint Dragon and Terra Scorcher.  So you'd need the Terra Scorcher specific one to fit the body to another model (19005284).

Ok, thanks! Other than some body mount parts trees, what is different between the fire dragon and terra scorcher chassis?

Terra Scorcher has bearings included, front and rear turnbuckles and a rear anti-roll bar. I think that's it...

18 hours ago, foz75 said:

Ok, thanks! Other than some body mount parts trees, what is different between the fire dragon and terra scorcher chassis?

The Terra Scorcher also has adjustable camber links, that need some hardware and 6mm balltubes to work on this chassis.

CVD axles instead of dogbones, too. The Terra Scorcher is actually a killer deal, with all the stuff it includes over the other kits in the series.

• Like 1