Super ally

Tamiya Super Sabre re release.

Tamiya blog have said that the Super Sabre will be re released next.I was going to buy the boomerang but i will wait for the this buggy as i like the body better.

Screenshot_20230827-200329_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Okay this is starting to make more sense.  It seemed Tamiya had already mentioned release when I saw that clip yesterday on another thread about the Sabre where Maezumi-san was suggesting end of year release.

Honestly speaking, when I saw Sabre, I was thinking TOP Racing's Sabre and got a bit excited.  :D  but it's the Tamiya's buggy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Okay this is starting to make more sense.  It seemed Tamiya had already mentioned release when I saw that clip yesterday on another thread about the Sabre where Maezumi-san was suggesting end of year release.

Honestly speaking, when I saw Sabre, I was thinking TOP Racing's Sabre and got a bit excited.  :D  but it's the Tamiya's buggy.

Will you get this kit?

2 hours ago, Super ally said:

Will you get this kit?

Not for me, but I am excited for you guys that are following it.  👍

• Like 1

So from the Tamiya Hotshot II blockhead, now we get the Super Sabre on the similar original Hotshot II type chassis? Is the blockhead not exceeding tamiya's expectations? Or am I over thinking?

2 hours ago, Baja500 said:

the Super Sabre on the similar original Hotshot II type chassis?

The Super Sabre has much more in common with the Boomerang (basically everything aside from the rear shock tower and shocks) than the HS2, though entire Hotshot line shares the same basic drivetrain.

That's good news. Won't buy the car but I really "need" some red CVAs. So there might be a chance to get the shock parts as spare parts then. 

• Like 2

Another cool re-re from the crazy space-age buggy series.  I'm not sure why I'm intrigued by this one since I haven't bought any of the others of that ilk.  But I do like the body, and might be cool if we see some of these at vintage race events next year :) 

• Like 2

It's never been re-re'd so I think they'll sell a fair number  :)

I'll be getting one for sure.

• Like 1

It has the newer cva2 though so unfortunate that it's not the original cva's

Bring it. Dreamt about the Super Sabre back then, so this is one of the best RC news for me this year.

I got into the RC game during the pandemic and wanting something to do with my ample if somewhat unemployed time. I bought a Terra Scorcher because when I was a nipper in the 80's I had a QD Super Sabre.

If I had the choice back then I'd have bought the 'Saber without a hesitation, but now?

It's not going to drive any differently from my Terra Scorcher is it, plus the most fun part for me is in the building of the diffs, gearboxes and suspension. This is basically going to be doing the same again as the TS, isn't it?

So I want one, I really do. But I'm probably better off buying the Tyrrell P34 or a Merc C11 (and popping a Nissan or Mazda body upon) for something that'll be a new experience and drive very differently.

If only I could get a Sabre body to fit the twin front shocked Scorcher chassis. In my (ridiculously biased) eyes, the Sabre is one of the best looking buggies ever made. 

@EvilSpike: The Sabre looks a lot different from the TS. I think this would be just boring to build if you already have done and driven HotShot and Boomerang too.

4 hours ago, EvilSpike said:

If only I could get a Sabre body to fit the twin front shocked Scorcher chassis. In my (ridiculously biased) eyes, the Sabre is one of the best looking buggies ever made. 

I have been thinking the same, but with a Boomerang body on my Thunder Dragon. Should either way be a variation of the more or less same theme. If you can live with having the rear shocks behind the body this should be doable using the rear bodyposts for the Thunder Dragon and eventually use a modified front bodypost from Shapeways. This should be a similar job that Frog Jumper did when fitting a Winger body on his Supermega Dragon (a thread which is worth reading).

I would personally use the monoshock configuration,  so you end up with a better performing hommage to the original. 

• Like 1

Modelsport are reporting that the Super Sabre will have a pre-cut and pre-painted body as per the recent Dragon and Thundershot re-releases...

1 hour ago, Twinfan said:

Modelsport are reporting that the Super Sabre will have a pre-cut and pre-painted body as per the recent Dragon and Thundershot re-releases...

It does watch rc kicks you tube channel and he talks about it.

6 hours ago, EvilSpike said:

I got into the RC game during the pandemic and wanting something to do with my ample if somewhat unemployed time. I bought a Terra Scorcher because when I was a nipper in the 80's I had a QD Super Sabre.

If I had the choice back then I'd have bought the 'Saber without a hesitation, but now?

It's not going to drive any differently from my Terra Scorcher is it, plus the most fun part for me is in the building of the diffs, gearboxes and suspension. This is basically going to be doing the same again as the TS, isn't it?

So I want one, I really do. But I'm probably better off buying the Tyrrell P34 or a Merc C11 (and popping a Nissan or Mazda body upon) for something that'll be a new experience and drive very differently.

The super sabre is a lot nicer body than the tera scorcher,i would put the thunder shot and thunder dragon ahead of the tera scorcher for looks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super ally said:

It does watch rc kicks you tube channel and he talks about it.

Box art states it too, so it must be true  :)

spacer.png

Just now, Twinfan said:

Box art states it too, so it must be true  :)

spacer.png

I saw that box on rc kicks as well and it has the new style cva shocks.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:54 AM, Saito2 said:

The Super Sabre has much more in common with the Boomerang (basically everything aside from the rear shock tower and shocks) than the HS2, though entire Hotshot line shares the same basic drivetrain.

Yes true. I was only explaining the tamiya rc model time line is all. Genuine HS2 before SS.

17 hours ago, Baja500 said:

Yes true. I was only explaining the tamiya rc model time line is all. Genuine HS2 before SS.

Correct. Sorry for the misunderstanding.