kontemax

WARNING DONE, PLEASE DELETE

3 hours ago, SuperChamp82 said:

There are always lots of views on this sort of thing

Many differing - and all inevitably hard to balance 

For me, Fb and other fora are a deliberately easy social gateway for ill informed chancers to click a link then be opportunistic (and often rude) to dedicated hobbyists just trying out something new - or thinking it’s a well informed alternative to eBay ?

And if imbeciles could fly, Twitter - or whatever brand Musk is now peddling - would be an airport …

It’s TC and TB only for me I’m afraid 

How does the saying go ?

Don't bother with idiots - they’ll drag you down to their level and drown you in numbers …

Life is frankly too short 👍

You are right,
I absolutely don't care about them, it's an old story and a lot of water has passed under the bridge.
It was just a warning to the club member, nothing more.

Max

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffman said:

I must admit I find Glenn of tamiya legends on YouTube very inoffensive and only speaks in favour of tamiya club I don’t do Facebook thankfully so I can’t have an opinion on that! But overall I find all these YouTube channels good entertainment and sadly and this is going to be a bit controversial but the only negative thing I’ve had from this hobby is actually on this forum that’s why I have not put much on here of late because there is certain people on this forum who are very abusive (PM’d with abusive email had to report it don’t know if it did any good) after all this is just a pastime with toy cars and in the grand scheme of things isn’t important but certain people take it to the extreme and that puts me right off<_<

Bad people are everywhere.
It's not Facebook or the forum the problem, it's the people.

Max

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rinskie said:

charge up a pack and go be a kid.....OUTSIDE! 

Exactly. But wait, a pack of lipo or NiMh? 😉

Seriously it's been said before but this forum is just the nicest and most civilized one there is. Probably because most members are past the age where you would post nonsense in all caps. Most members.

I don't do Facebook either and I would say that I haven't had to mature myself to the whole social media thing, like not getting upset when people are not courteous and so on. What I did do however, that has worked wonders, is use the "ignored members" feature of the forum so that I could filter out things I don't want to read. That will be my confession for today 🫣

• Like 2

I find most FB groups ok really. It’s not that toxic. There is a huge amount of misinformation though. 

Sad to hear that people are being snide about TC though. It’s a nice chilled forum.. probably why I still pop in after all these years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pylon80 said:

Seriously it's been said before but this forum is just the nicest and most civilized one there is. Probably because most members are past the age where you would post nonsense in all caps. Most members.

You mean like "GET OFF MY LAWN!  :angry: "

I'm at that proper age.  :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kontemax said:

Bad people are everywhere.
It's not Facebook or the forum the problem, it's the people.

Max

They are jealous of your mad modding skills Max……

I am not frequently watching TL Yt videos, but often saw him playing with the same cars as me at the same time.

With @Quincy I have a Fb channel where we post our builds and runs. Fb groups are full of strange people.

Hate in the Hobby is a no go and something I will never understand.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

often saw him playing with the same cars as me at the same time.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery 😉

• Haha 1

There is a little difference between Forum and FB. As a newbie I see that with RC but I spent many years on cycling Forum, where I have around 20k+ posts.

So, where is difference?

If you want to do something on Forum, you have to find it, register, read rules and then create Topic. If you are offensive or not go with rules, you will be banned. It does not sound like a much to do but if you have one question or just want to argue with someone just for fun ( because your life is sad and you are frustrated), probably it would be too much.

Many of people have accounts on FB. If you already have account, you can comment everything. You can be war expert and after 30 seconds, write that Tamiya Club is... ekhm. 

As I wrote, I spent many years on cycling Forum and tried to help people on FB. It is not possible, because most of people are just idiots, who think they are experts. If you are idiot, there is quite a good chance, that you will behave like people mentioned in this Topic.

It seems that some people have so sad life, that they just need to find "enemies".

Guys, the problem is not Facebook, You Tube or this Forum, the problem is the people behind it.
As I said, mine was a warning to those Tamiyaclub members who think Tamiya Legend is a good place on FB and friendly to Tamiya Club.
I have not mentioned the YT channel, which I have never seen and do not want to see, but behind which there are always the same people.
Other considerations on the media are useless, the problem is the people and I don't mean the subscribers but the managers.
When I was the administrator of Tamiya Legend I read on the administrators' private chat bad words and bad attitudes about the members of the group itself (who were continually kicked out without half measures while I always tried to be more moderate and conciliatory) and about "competing" realities such as Rc Kicks and Tamiyaclub.
Regarding Tamiyaclub, the win-win partnership I proposed was stupidly rejected and the forum was commented with sarcasm and contempt.
They are simply not friendly with us.
The truth is that they can afford this arrogance because they have so many subscribers, otherwise you don't chase away people every day for futile reasons.
At that point kicking out a member or an administrator changed little for them. On the contrary, they got rid of the one who had a different vision from theirs.
It matters little that it was the one that saved the group and raised it when they weren't even there but all this discussion is just to let people know that the managers of Tamiya Legends are not friendly with the Tamiyaclub.
Nothing more than this.

Max

I didn’t realise that modern day RC was subject to such partisan views.

Sorry but I’m wondering where on Earth this tread is taking us??? I don’t question any past actions by anyone but as far as I am aware I can find no evidence of any criticism or in fact anything else that suggests that there is any problem between the previously mentioned FB page. Frankly I believe that admin should step in a stop it . The original poster has a beef with past , that’s fine but until I see something tangible then I will if I can do what I do with FB is to ignore it!!!

Omg what did I read here? Can someone put this topic somewhere to gossip or rc unrelated stuff?

:(

Sorry meant to add this is Tamiyaclub not FB so I don’t give a F:,ck about people are not on this site. Get a life there’s more important things . If you don’t like it don’t f!;cing read it. I’m annoyed!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Sorry but I’m wondering where on Earth this tread is taking us??? I don’t question any past actions by anyone but as far as I am aware I can find no evidence of any criticism or in fact anything else that suggests that there is any problem between the previously mentioned FB page. Frankly I believe that admin should step in a stop it . The original poster has a beef with past , that’s fine but until I see something tangible then I will if I can do what I do with FB is to ignore it!!!

I started writing a similar reply - I agree it should be removed. I think it's unfortunate for the OP he's had a bad experience, but I don't think anything good can come from this thread. It'll get indexed by Google and become a self fulfilling prophecy type thing.

• Like 7

@kontemax

I'm saying this for your own good, I think that you need to step away from the computer for a bit, either go for a drive or get back to a project.

For me, RC isn't about arguing about the various personalities, nor is it about hating x-brand because of reasons. All of that stuff is ultimately a waste of time.

What some random people on Facebook think, doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IBFTL!     (in before the lock)

Wow, I don't remember the last time I posted that!  :lol:    haha

• Haha 2

I own a Honda motorbike that they built in very limited numbers for homologation and race/trackday it.

I have written a long blog about how I came to own, rebuild and start racing it. I've fitted a gopro on it and recorded some laps around tracks like Jerez, Donnington Park, Portimao etc.

Whenever I put up one of these videos on Youtube there will be people who will come along and spam the comments telling me I'm riding it wrong or too slowly. Or that I shouldn't be riding it as it's such a rare bike. Or I should put it back to standard and display it, or if I can't afford to purchase all the original parts then I don't deserve to own it.

Moral of the story; some people are weapons grade bellends and because it's the internet they can facelessly outlet their petty jealousy.

I've no idea who they are, whether they've ever ridden a bike - any bike for that matter and I highly doubt they've ever ridden one like mine.

Any you know what? I couldn't give a f 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, EvilSpike said:

“weapons grade bellends”

This topic has delivered me this previously unheard phrase, and so I consider its value to be immeasurable!

Truly sorry that @kontemax had a bad experience. But agree with others that now is the time to breath and step away, and look to the good things in life … then later perhaps returning to all the lovely people on this super special forum – by far the loveliest place I visit on the internet each week.

Love to everyone, esp @kontemax

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, it's my bike, I'll do what I want with it even if that means picking bits of it out of the gravel trap occasionally.

Same with these cars we build and drive or sit and look at on a shelf. It's your car, you do with it what you please. People that hoard multiples of kits or deliberately destroy ones that others would appreciate is a bit sad, but what can you do?

Also @Willy iine

307.jpg

• Haha 2

The trouble with the internet, is that is gives negativity too much of a voice.

I also call for this thread to be removed. It seems to serve no purpose to the great people on here that enjoy RC cars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I didn’t realise that modern day RC was subject to such partisan views.

It's a matter of money.

Max

I'm also currently surprised how my warning has gotten so sensational.
My intent was only to give a warning, not to create a hurricane.
Administrators can delete this post, the goal is achieved, the warning has arrived, now the club knows it, that's it.
As said earlier, I don't care about the TL, it's an old bad story, long since no longer relevant to me.

Max

I'd like to weigh in with my own 2 pence worth. Personally I like ice cream. Its probably my favorite desert overall. I'd eat a little everyday if I could. Now, sometimes I get a craving for cake, but too much cake can be sickening after awhile. Ice cream, on the other hand, never gets old for me. You have many flavors to choose from and my ways to serve it : by itself in a bowl, in a cone, as a sundae or milkshake or even as a side to another desert like pie or the aforementioned cake. Very versatile ice cream is. 

Now just what does this have to do with anything? Why absolutely nothing of course! I just know when discussion gets too heavy, I think to myself, I sure do like ice cream. As a matter of fact, I think I'll have some now.

P.S. I know I have an offbeat sense of humor that most find puzzling at times, but I like to add a like absurd jocularity in times such as these. Sorry if I caused any offense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4