AndyjcClod

Build booboo now im stuck

I put the wrong part whilst building my blockhead wildone.

My question is how on earth do you remove a c clip thing once they are on!

FAC42EEC-9CEC-4DA7-AB8D-05FC0FE635F5.jpeg

The best solution is to use proper tool. I wrote about this few days ago. It is great.

If you do not have it, try with pliers. To be more on safe side, you can also use use two bits of plastic or flat screwdrivers. Hold part and just try to push clip.

• Like 1

Do you have one of these.

I think mine actually came in with a Tamiya kit, alternatively you can get them on eBay.

As a last resort, failing that you can use a very small flat head screw driver to prize it off.

0489D670-B1BD-4EEB-B5D1-686BBE5D864A.png

• Like 1

As I don't have a clip tool I would take a needle-nose plier and press gently from the open side of the clip. You maybe want to do this in a bag as those clips accelerate enormous. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Flat screwdriver. Press on one side till there is an enough gap and pry off.

• Like 4

I use a metal scribe, hook it in the gap, pull and spend the next half hour searching. Not the most efficient method but it’s done me fine for a decade

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

E-clip tool again as i also wrote about in Skom25’s post regarding this tool. 
https://www.plazajapan.com/4950344062522/

one side to put e-clip on, turn it around and you can push them off

Since you do not have it you must find something to push the back of the e-clip both ends at the same time,  flat screwdriver is one example that could work or a small plier, but then when you are able to push it off it will shoot away

• Like 1

All of those tips will work but proper tool is so cheap and works so great, that there is totally no reason to not buy it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ad456 said:

spend the next half hour searching.

Spares mate, spares. For when the carpet monster eats up e clips.

• Haha 3

tip: when trying to pry off the c-clip, have a ziplock back and try to remove the c-clip inside the bag so if and when the c-clip flies, it will be contained inside the bag... 

• Like 1

Some hate the e-clip tool but I love it. Since I bought this tool I never lost a clip to the carpet monster. And it works fast, clipping an unclipping is easy. Magic.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cephas said:

Do you have one of these.

I think mine actually came in with a Tamiya kit, alternatively you can get them on eBay.

As a last resort, failing that you can use a very small flat head screw driver to prize it off.

0489D670-B1BD-4EEB-B5D1-686BBE5D864A.png

I did have a few of these in the garage years ago & i binned them as i didnt know what it was.

I just use a thin flathead into one of the e-clip slots and gently twist the screw driver while holding onto the clip itself.  When I need to use excessive force I place a towel and push the driver tip into my work desk.  No special tricks from me.. :ph34r:

• Like 4

Thx everyone, ive ordered one of the tamiya tools as i tried to use a flat screwdriver & now have a sore hole in my hand 😂