nowinaminute

New wheels for Hornet. Hopper, Frog, Brat etc

Looks like the new wheels that will feature on the upcoming CW01 Pajero will be getting an independent release as a Hornet hopup...

HC-22077_0.jpg.43bb1ff131939e67ebd6bf5b448b5459.jpg

Nice to see a new hop up for vintage models, even if it is just capitalising on an existing asset.

Made for 1.9" tyres such as the Rock Blocks plus a myriad of 3rd party options. Could make something between a buggy and monster buggy using some chunky crawler tyres, for example.

Tempted to get some for my Radio Shack Golden Arrow....

Part number #22077

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Looks like the new wheels that will feature on the upcoming CW01 Pajero will be getting an independent release as a Hornet hopup...

HC-22077_0.jpg.43bb1ff131939e67ebd6bf5b448b5459.jpg

Nice to see a new hop up for vintage models, even if it is just capitalising on an existing asset.

Made for 1.9" tyres such as the Rock Blocks plus a myriad of 3rd party options. Could make something between a buggy and monster buggy using some chunky crawler tyres, for example.

Tempted to get some for my Radio Shack Golden Arrow....

Part number #22077

Yep. Could also use them to fit the BBX tires onto vintage 2wd buggies...

Topic already running here courtesy of @Mokei Kagaku back when these were announced:

These are going to be popular I think. The "old Skool" way of doing this would be to obtain some old Touring car wheels from a "QD" model, which used the same front freewheel arrangement.

These would look nice painted up, but I prefer the old headlock method. Saves me from buying new wheels and re-re tires are cheap.

I like these.  I have some JConcepts Double Dee tyres which fit well on 1.9 wheels and are about the right dimensions for a scale appearance on an SRB.  These are a good carpet tyre, for indoor race events like the Oldskool Euro Masters.  Maybe good outdoor tyres if there are other compounds available.  It'll be nice to have some good scale options for racing without having to put super-wide hex adaptors on the rear.