nowinaminute

New Advanced DumboRC Transmitter incoming DDF-350

Glad to see a higher end radio coming from dumborc!

This is good news to me and possibly many other people who have been frustrated by the parent company Radiolink splitting their lines into the more premium radiolink branded stuff and the budget oriented dumboRC and then making each line incompatible through firmware lockouts.

I began to switch from flysky to dumborc a couple of years ago because I was having random range and lag issues (possibly outside interference as it seemed to be location dependent) 

I probably could have got around it by getting a newer flysky transmitter with the AFHDS 2A protocol, but I would have required all new receivers to benefit, anyway, so I decided a change was as good as a rest.

I've always been pleased with the performance of dumborc but at the same time, annoyed that the parent company Radiolink put a firmware wall between the dumbo and more premium radiolink systems so if, for example, you have a bunch of dumborc receivers, you can't bind a radiolink transmitter to them (even though the radiolink branded receivers and exactly the same physically) for this reason I've kept running flysky for the times when I needed a radio with more than the basic features but I've always wanted to streamline down to one system for everything.

Anyway, in a strange turn of events, DumboRC is about to launch a radio system that's far more advanced than most of the (premium) Radiolink systems.

I'm guessing this is in part down to how well the Dumbo branded stuff has sold over the years and how many people have wanted to have a more premium option without having to invest in two different lines of TX and RX from the same company.

Looks like a good bit of kit with 10 channels and various bells and whistles. 

It's just starting to be available to pre-order sites like Ali
Dumbo-Ddf-350-Remote-Control-With-Screen-10CH-Differential-Lock-For-Rc-Car-Boat-Tank-Universal.jpg 

• Like 4

The budget DumboRC versions seem to have a good rep, this might be worth a look as my Flysky Gt3c is getting on a bit now and this may match the feature set well. 

I have a cheap DumboRC X6, and i think it works real well.

Mine has even correct spelling, DumboRC, NOT DunboRC. :)

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

What kind of name is a DumboRC?   :lol:

At least they can spell it right now :lol:

I've long since learned that grasp of English is in no way a metric for quality when it comes to Chinese stuff.

I have a WLToys buggy that is incredibly durable for the price and performs great and it has "strength headphones" written down the side!
c4a75ee4-dd04-4d7d-aa20-dacbf29cc482.jpg.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As good as I like the cheaper DumboRC stuff some of the programming and "moves" (first turn the wheel left than click this button two times, then turn the wheel right three times and now your ready to change the settings on channel 4) are ridiculously complicated IMO. This looks like a good altnernative with a screen so you can see what you're actually doing. Might get on the list but will be 2024. Blown my 2023 budget by a mile already :ph34r:

As it is 2024 now and I'd like to use the same transmitter for different cars during the Tamico offroad Cup I have one of these ddf350's incoming :)