Project Start: 10/2023 

Chassis - TRF419 based 
Body - Tamiya Honda Civic ( Multiple)
Electrics - Multiple 
Paint - Multiple 

Ambitions 
- Front and rear lights
- Interior Cockpits 

I decided to start a thread that will focus on all Honda Civic projects of mine. I have multiple in the project queue and this is a good place to have them archived. It will include the official Tamiya boxart livery builds including Jaccs, Ideumitsu Motion; Street focused, SpoonSports and maybe more Liveries! This will be a long haul project. 

The starting point will be this 1990s torquise metallic teal. With beautifully complementing light buckets I just recently discovered. 

n11wxEe.png

AGq8ulC.jpg

L0qTJ1H.jpg

ZhODQ2x.jpg

gHmF9dw.jpg

6lbeBPc.jpg

TNlXGRq.jpg

qyAjXAH.jpg

1eLrBua.jpg

LvZ0VL0.jpg

PUsI6PG.jpg

yTBnoph.jpg

dHorEkb.jpg

LB7bMpL.jpg

• Like 10

I bought these off of Facebook 2 years ago from a shop in Asia that carried TeamC. The quality is excellent and will play a roll in this group series sooner or later.

V6L9NUM.jpg 

• Like 1

Score, snap, and sand the lexan. Lamp buckets mirrors and an interior ( a first ) to make it into the initial setup photos. The interior will be trimmed further and be placed more correctly.

Body post magnets really tidy up everything I’m using generic ones but find them to be very practical and affordable. I bought multiple sets to use on all upcoming builds from here forward. Being a hatchback the rear bodyposts would be very long and the overall curved nature of the body places the piercing / magnet mounting point in an akward undesirable location. I’ve used a set of front posts mounted horizontally and right now the body is propped up by gracefully sitting on the bumper. I will either make some stoppers like on 1:24 Tamiya models where you insert the posts into a female end, velcro, or some use some sort of magnets, in thinner tape form.

Initial setup for ride height. Stance / offsets will evolve. Really pleased how it looks. Very nice body. Lamp buckets breathe whole new life into this shell. Hope it all comes together!

Part of me wants to do a livery or another colour seeing it like this. As much as I want to airbrush the kit to get the correct colour, it might be years till I’m 100% comfortable using an airbrush on a  lexan I’ve spent time setting up and prepping..

The chassis rig is a super sleek looking TRF419X seen in the final photo. I just love the look of Tamiya semi slick x cut tires.

otVyin3.jpg

vn4Gk5P.jpg

3ZI3QFe.jpg

tpT41ax.jpg

kAjnl0s.jpg

CFoiKfy.jpg

cTjUScG.jpg

cbq08Xy.jpg

vw77VMB.jpg

• Like 6

Comfort zone in shambles, airbrushing first timer. I’ve had two sessions trying different psi to work with and adjusting the paint thinning. Overall very nice color and the spraying itself isn’t all that different than PS cans apart from the spray being less widespread with the setup I’m using. And much MUCH less toxic. There’s only a bit of smell from the thinning formula.

I’ve  managed one coat on lexan cut offs, I didn’t even wash them hence the splattery edges, just need hands on time with the gear. It’ll be interesting to learn as the layers build up. It’s certainly more time consuming. Feels like I’m mainly cleaning things 😆.

aD7eZox.jpg

aTOZao8.jpg

38EVflN.jpg

JCiHxXk.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, technics said:

Lamp buckets breathe whole new life into this shell.

cbq08Xy.jpg

Tamiya being Tamiya - I think they should really put in some more effort making light buckets (maybe as hop-ups at least) - they can really lift even a badly done lexan (not yours!) to a new level. It's like the eyes in a portrait drawing - if you get those right, the rest can be a bit naff, and you still can get away with it. :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimBear said:

Tamiya being Tamiya - I think they should really put in some more effort making light buckets (maybe as hop-ups at least) - they can really lift even a badly done lexan (not yours!) to a new level. It's like the eyes in a portrait drawing - if you get those right, the rest can be a bit naff, and you still can get away with it. :)

I agree, really finishes everything off. Watching with interest to see the end result :) 

Out of interest, I have a Idemitsu Motion waiting in the 'to do' pile to start, where did you source the light buckets?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tobyone said:

I agree, really finishes everything off. Watching with interest to see the end result :) 

Out of interest, I have a Idemitsu Motion waiting in the 'to do' pile to start, where did you source the light buckets?

I guess you have to ask @technics - I have no idea! :D

• Haha 1

I came across some images recently and it got me thinking. It’s a bit out there but a black vintage interscope k3 inspired livery for a race spec civic. Maybe smoke out the front headlamps or go straight over them. Not sure. 

nywXopz.jpeg

9ZXLCx7.jpeg

76szwmS.jpeg

xpdtDbU.jpeg

4y3tXdJ.jpeg

m2nYAzf.jpeg

XSZ9HBZ.jpeg

I1Qf4MZ.jpeg

znBV7LK.jpeg

EIg6xKj.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 6:50 PM, technics said:

Project Start: 10/2023 

Chassis - TRF419 based 
Body - Tamiya Honda Civic ( Multiple)
Electrics - Multiple 
Paint - Multiple 

Ambitions 
- Front and rear lights
- Interior Cockpits 

I decided to start a thread that will focus on all Honda Civic projects of mine. I have multiple in the project queue and this is a good place to have them archived. It will include the official Tamiya boxart livery builds including Jaccs, Ideumitsu Motion; Street focused, SpoonSports and maybe more Liveries! This will be a long haul project. 

The starting point will be this 1990s torquise metallic teal. With beautifully complementing light buckets I just recently discovered. 

n11wxEe.png

AGq8ulC.jpg

L0qTJ1H.jpg

ZhODQ2x.jpg

gHmF9dw.jpg

6lbeBPc.jpg

TNlXGRq.jpg

qyAjXAH.jpg

1eLrBua.jpg

LvZ0VL0.jpg

PUsI6PG.jpg

yTBnoph.jpg

dHorEkb.jpg

LB7bMpL.jpg

hello, I'm from Indonesia.. Where do you get the Jaccs stickers for the Civic? I have been looking for it for a long time. is it okay if I ask for the scan file? Thank you in advance

@ARIARIARI Hello! I responded in direct message -

I would be willing to sell you the original decals, I am not however willing to simply send you the scan file as the decals themselves had a considerable cost.

In the future when / if I develop jaccs decals they will be available for purchase. 

Thank you :) 

I have been working away on various projects. Here is some of the decal artwork. I did many iterations and settled on sending these out to print.

The decals arrived today and I am pleased. They are a range of grey scale steps from off white to light grey. Printed on transparent vinyl in high gloss finish.

They will fit nicely on an array of civic oem+ builds. 

bnY1ma4.jpg

wKyg9Br.jpg

wbfCA14.jpg

nyRM3wj.jpg

es22ov6.jpg

67flG8N.jpg

hzfQbt2.jpg

6n6HHt4.jpg

YC5oZJH.jpg

• Like 1

Although not my torquise teal airbrush dream I decided to do a metallic green with blue backing. I’m content with the paint and masking quality that was achieved. No re work touch ups have been made, the outer overspray film was removed for photos.

F520hIQ.jpeg

k64uw7K.jpeg

kRxUMor.jpeg

ONtil3i.jpeg

PsS5aAa.jpeg

LVDOtt3.jpeg

iRKNc5Q.jpeg

Uv0TQ2i.jpeg

5BL7oDg.jpeg

4vX5QVq.jpeg

GVR3s5D.jpeg

tdIjrbc.jpeg

U1BdlGR.jpeg

• Like 10

Impressive work @technics in particular the black window trims painted from the inside is pitch perfect. I am curious to know how that green paint holds off over time. Is this a similar paint to what comes out of PS cans i.e. self etching on PC?

@Pylon80 Thank you! Yes this was simply PS paint. I opted to not follow through with airbrush just yet as I do not have the hours of experience in yet. PS17 metallic green, backed with PS3 light blue.

• Like 1

Enkei RPF1s primered, which is my initial plan for the civic. Also considering spoon sw388 wheels.

XXWCDqq.jpeg

ASz4BRh.jpeg

• Like 1

Unoptimized quick photos show the wheels which got TS bright silver and with tiny enkei logos decals I made. The wheels got mounted onto a TT02 roller and started I started to work on the stance play stance which is a WIP.

For the lamps I brush painted clear orange in 3 layers, and in the rear I did a few experiments trying to match the actual car. It´s still a wip but the left lamp shows two layers of vinyl film, one layer of tint to darken up the lamp from the outside, one red from the inside.

The right rear lamp is taped in, looks good but is a bit too bright and has no depth. Once I am done I will mirror whichever lamp solution looks best.

Overall I am motivated it will look quite good i feel finished.

I also applied my civic / honda / vtec oem markings.

OOqaG0s.jpg

rKDrGIV.jpg

DjYRPp8.jpg

Yk1WusM.jpg

aSnOv55.jpg

Jpd1zOp.jpg

5NMB5iQ.jpg

noC9a2M.jpg

ViLhVzj.jpg

jGB9hD7.jpg

hcKDny9.jpg

ggzGcZJ.jpg

yhmwRJb.jpg

V80Drwv.jpg

• Like 4

Just missing a rear plate and final photos now. I installed a exhaust via a sprue structure heated to shape with a lighter, tape panel gaps also added. 

It is not a wild build by any means but just aimed for a clean street build of a iconic car of the 90s.

Nv4t3kA.jpg

vRSbmvc.jpg

a8v9oj9.jpg

eNK3TZq.jpg

fK5kB5s.jpg

lhdYXcy.jpg

iy9lQAh.jpg

• Like 5

Very well done, as usual. The 5 first photos in your last post looks like an 1:1 taken outside. That's really convincing. 

Your earlier attempt with the left rear light looked even better in my eyes. That was how they were looking back then after the taillights had got the mandatory smoking. Without it it looks like how the cars looked on the way to Bilprovningen to eliminate the ticket for all the "outlaw" modifications:lol:

PS: The last is wining on a skyhigh level. The car is a beauty nevertheless. 

• Thanks 1

I feel it’s reached a level to call it wrapped up :) . 

Brief recap to compliment the conclusion photos. 

Tamiya Honda Civic EG6 - Vti / SiR

A simple but “better” then box stock build. Quite alot of time detailing and being careful trying to keep it clean. I attempted to reach a brochure OEM / Gran turismo feeling here. The body is sprayed in light coats of both metallic green, light blue, and finally backed with black. Black trim areas are painted on the exterior in black. Lamp details are layers of transparent patterns and paint. Rear lamps are from the kit.

The decals I drew and outsourced for printing. I always really liked the stubble DOHC vtec markings on 90s and 80s Hondas, and for that matter many manufacturers.

Realistic looking wheels are RPF1’s by RC Racing Legends

Don’t know when the next civic will be but it will be a race liveried one I feel, a less common one or a jaccs! 

fK7edSW.jpeg

L191zzj.jpeg

VMloQSC.jpeg

1l4vQWq.jpeg

qe8SJRc.jpeg

xW2xMv6.jpeg

vPvJoYJ.jpeg

GUVr2gy.jpeg

d97HUHn.jpeg

FuDOqW8.jpeg

nsE9zyi.jpeg

7TgYwyE.jpeg

9nsJd9e.jpeg

KE31MMJ.jpeg

Ir2GKNd.jpeg

DWOS77Z.jpeg

• Like 4

Simply stunning mate 👍🏻

A friend of mine Fred had one very similar in 1:1, he bought it after going for a spin in my 84’ Accord hatch. Only having had Old Ford’s before them they felt light years ahead, just so nice to drive. 

• Thanks 1