technics

Scale Technics XV02 - Colin Mcrae Legacy RS / Celica / Volvo242 Turbo Rallye

9 hours ago, technics said:

@ChrisRx718¬†Absolutely ūüėÜ

I’ve been plucking away at it, but the final bits always take the most time, a lot going on with work as well.

For the wheels the very simple / cheap Tamiya speedlines and closed faced OZ type wheels will remain as the runners but for indoor and shelf use I can’t wait to see proper wheels on ! 

Neither can i. i have been waiting a loooooooooooong time. Hurry up and don't keep us waiting! :D

• Thanks 1

@BruiseWayn Thanks!
It’s been a while so, I’ve been laying down all the decals for half the car, brush painting,  tapes, gluing details, begun layering the rear lamps and side molding. I even found solutions for lamp buckets.

For the front I am using modified ABC hobby Honda Integra Type R DC2, and the rear looks like it will be Yokomo C33. 

As I am using zero kit decals for anything apart from the initial window masks, I continued through with the lamps and moldings. I bought various car tint, craft store vinyl, and other chrome stickers finding what works best. I am using ABC hobby tape and a variety of other tapes I’ve collected over the years they have no markings so I do not know their origins, they are from the art / design industry. 

The moulded Tamiya speedline and Subaru type wheels are of awful colour but I’ll be keeping them as is for running. For lighter use and display it’ll be the correct “TecnoMagnesio“ ( speedlines I thought always ) 

Once I am happy with all the detailing I will move onto electrifying the lamp buckets with 3/5mm LED. At least the tail lamps, alot of stages were primarily daylight. 

Perfectly solved tapes, decals, fingerprints can be ignored. Still a long way to go till the final is here. Lamps are just taped in, and the layering has just begun. 

TYM5Oh6.jpeg

jdwh1XD.jpeg

pPBUjr1.jpeg

D0KggCR.jpeg

vaaNKta.jpeg

WTwDdsN.jpeg

fkYI6bl.jpeg

AF89tiR.jpeg

DBIWZor.jpeg

125R7Kf.jpeg

YKHUK33.jpeg

Nxgnu5i.jpeg

7SPOGOg.jpeg

B3ZSukE.jpeg

BCO8Yje.jpeg

Tb5dMfo.jpeg

nZ0lK6s.jpeg

• Like 9

That’s pretty amazing! Love the old Legacy rally cars.

• Thanks 1

This is epic. I have a hard time distinguishing 1/10 from 1/1.

• Thanks 1

Lamp bucket is permanently mounted in, I blanked out the turn and reverse signal as there was a visual mis alignement. I mainly want the brake lamps as it’s a race car. Rear is almost finished. Still a few things I want to do but I am very happy.

S4EmUOt.jpeg

fk7v3Qy.jpeg

LaDV4yG.jpeg

KmNWBZK.jpeg

0IEEbaf.jpeg

• Like 9

@YoShImUrA53 Lamp buckets for the rear are Yokomo C33, for the front it was ABC Hobby Honda Integra Type R.

Yes the Legacy is a wild one, I have a second one started. Still undecided if it will be a single colour pre livery or a livery version - Rothmans / 555.

mtQP8yT.jpeg

tnlJYgJ.png

Grouping some builds together as they are similar in spirit. I have an idea that this will be a tow rig, probably on an xv01. 

Reference photos are the vibe I am after. First one is a legacy a wagon however. Neat image it will make though.

F96jzER.jpeg

ghfMD1Y.jpeg

DIYYuCu.jpeg

bAh5kFw.jpeg

QNgWtBJ.jpeg

1IMTo48.jpeg

YesxawW.jpeg

JXAbUmP.jpeg

5RQqOpO.jpeg

aiHxQZG.jpeg

• Like 3

Wheels have landed. Immediate test fit and first layers of Vallejo primer applied!  Burning desire to run this now! Tapes have shifted as it’s been sitting in a box but soon it’ll be buttoned up and photographed for archives before running.

0pa7Hcl.jpeg

8KbQ5jd.jpeg

r61Nxd7.jpeg

t4olAUj.jpeg

P2mriZY.jpeg

• Like 1

Some great images were posted by prodrive on Facebook today. 

isptlTx.png

pnPX41A.jpeg

75Wbp3u.jpeg

NSiMNCv.jpeg

QjEfAll.jpeg

• Like 3

First set of wheels are painted, minus detailing. I love the colour. 

rJXOvTw.jpeg

EZLbs5a.jpeg

iAl8yG0.jpeg

5lei1cM.jpeg

• Like 4

The final post ( of this body build. ) This ultimate XV rally thread will continue here afterwards. :D

Tamiya XV-02 Chassis / Team C Subaru Legacy RS

Large wheel hexes as the body is very wide, Yeah racing TA02W universal shafts in the rear

Carbon Fiber XV-02RS front damper stay, with TRF419 dampers ( To have the body sit lower and more realistic )

64p TRF Spur & Pinion

Lamp Buckets - Yokomo C33 Rear / ABC Hobby Integra DC2 Type R Front

Killerbody LED Controller ( Functioning brake lamps )

M4 low profile wheel nuts

Generic magnet mount

RcRacingLegends Tecnomagnesio wheels!! on Tamiya "Standard" TT02 kit tires 

Hobbywing Justock 13.5T ESC Combo, Sanwa 801X Servo with TRF servo arm

The body is a one off with lots of effort to resemble the 1991/2  Colin Mcrae rally car 

Decals self drawn in Adobe and outsourced for printing on transparent glossy vinyl and metal / chrome.

Lots of Paint, Shims, Material, mistakes, vinyl, tape, scale model parts and clean up work. The entire rear lamp look as well as the front are self made, no bodyset decals were used apart from the original bodyset window masks.

Might be my most "complex" livery that turned out still pretty nice. It¬īs far from perfect of course!

I3WASau.jpg

CtQx4bO.jpg

STR3jca.jpg

8m1N5XI.jpg

x61jOdE.jpg

RKZv2ou.jpg

Sz9j4AB.jpg

CJVTqBx.jpg

YS5ebp4.jpg

hP4aURK.jpg

AJXOq0W.jpg

hKyh7az.jpg

3mXQZhg.jpg

AHQGbgl.jpg

704dW54.jpg

axblM83.jpg

nKUIGlE.jpg

2Eww3WH.jpg

4QGZ2YJ.jpg

hcQhi4k.jpg

2qDfXtT.jpg

VrXYOyi.jpg

FATsSJI.jpg

9H4c1r3.jpg

dUmWjkw.jpg

kEyQhXA.jpg

• Like 9

Couldn¬īt help but collect some inspiration for one of the next builds. Not sure if it will be the immediate next rally build but I want the inspiration archived.

Volvo 242!

681eovY.jpg

GrJVLNE.jpg

Pqzz9fP.jpg

pjLywaX.jpg

RqUVwX8.jpg

hywvKcN.jpg

GcJd9V3.jpg

ueYavtx.jpg

K3fQCbd.jpg

kmHdFfG.jpg

QBMI7jU.jpg

NiChmRT.jpg

Future scale 1:24 study will take place as well.

• Like 4

I'm really looking forward to this build. Who wouldn't love a Volvo 242? What a great car. And in your hands I'm sure the result will be awesome.

• Thanks 1