Pylon80

Help Me Choose My Next Build Thread!

Next Build Thread - You Choose!  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

As of late I have been watching my collection of unfinished or out of running order projects grow. It seems like a lot of time and money got expanded but not very much is available to go for a drive! The many hours of tinkering did bring some joy, but not as much as it should have. I think finishing projects, one by one, will bring a lot of positive energy to my life. I enjoy the "blogging" aspect of build threads which will help me stay focused - for the most part - on a given project. And even though I am no expert, the possibility that it could help our amazing TC community is something that would energize me as well.

So, I am proposing this poll to help me decide! 5 projects, which one would you like to see?

• Like 5

Voted. Not only curious now what the end result will be but also when the least "voted for" project will be finished... Will it be finished or will it be abandoned? 

Voted. I like your idea - it might spur me into properly finishing/fixing a couple of things before starting my next kit. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

I enjoy the "blogging" aspect of build threads which will help me stay focused

Thats good news for those of us that love reading the build threads and get a lot from other peoples experiences :)

13 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

even though I am no expert, the possibility that it could help our amazing TC community is something that would energize me as well

Yet another example of why this is my favourite place to hang out on the internet, thanks @Pylon80 (and of course, everyone else that contributes here).

oh, and...voted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having just completed a Mercedes C11 build myself, I would love to see somebody else's take on the kit. However any pan car content is good as we don't see them often on here. So I would not be at all disappointed if the F104V2 Pro won.

• Like 1

It’s been years since I built mine, so I would love to see a build thread on the F104 Ver. II Pro :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, one_hit said:

It’s been years since I built mine, so I would love to see a build thread on the F104 Ver. II Pro :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

Same chassis and body, you are setting the standard! 😃 Let me see what I could do different with the same project 🧐

6 hours ago, simalarion said:

Guess what i voted

spacer.png

Not '99 coupes, but definitely a lot of similarities including who drove the one in the foreground! Nice collection!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

Voted. Not only curious now what the end result will be but also when the least "voted for" project will be finished... Will it be finished or will it be abandoned? 

Nothing will get abandoned, I promised that.

Well, unless I pull out of the hobby altogether which is unlikely... but then life has its ways sometimes. Technically I have been in RC since 1989 and it has been a wonderful part of my life ever since. Life without RC would be a pretty bleak existence. I have only slowed down many times due to studies, then for a brief period no money :/, then (too much) mountain biking and then even getting engulfed in 1:1 scale flying. But basically I doubt I will abandon anything.

The list in the poll is actually in the chronological order in which kits, or projects, or the first part of a project was acquired. I think without proper "fleet planning", cars keep getting added and one could spend a decade or more working and spending on half a dozen cars without ever finishing one. Time I enjoy wasting is not wasted, sure, but completing something is still pretty awesome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Voted.

was thinking… tt-02 rwd rally would be cool (like m06 rally)

Being a big fan of RWD vehicles, I toyed with that very idea at some point. I did some tests with a (naked) TT-02 chassis and rally blocks. I even had a modern Porsche GT3 Cup body for it. 1:1 rally 911's are a thing!

But then I sold that body and now it's down to the 5 project in the poll ;)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

Being a big fan of RWD vehicles, I toyed with that very idea at some point. I did some tests with a (naked) TT-02 chassis and rally blocks. I even had a modern Porsche GT3 Cup body for it. 1:1 rally 911's are a thing!

But then I sold that body and now it's down to the 5 project in the poll ;)

That looks nice.. hopefully you have to chance to build one in the future

11 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

That looks nice.. hopefully you have to chance to build one in the future

Are you trying to derail me already? :D

Tamiya did release a new kit with a GT3 body (992 generation?). Since it comes with a particularly underwhelming 'street' livery (or lack thereof) it would be the perfect starting point to a project with custom rally stickers, something I have never dabbled with. But as you said it that is in the future!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Problem is the 911 is a RR while a TT, even with the drive shaft removed, will be a MR. Top of my head, I can only think of 2 true RR RC cars, the M-06 and TCR. There will probably be more but cannot think of more at the moment.

3 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Problem is the 911 is a RR while a TT, even with the drive shaft removed, will be a MR. Top of my head, I can only think of 2 true RR RC cars, the M-06 and TCR. There will probably be more but cannot think of more at the moment.

That is true. The problem is by that logic you can only do Subaru's with an XV-01 chassis. But then the XV-01 is belt driven while the TT's are properly shaft driven :) That is just an example.

Another project that I have had in the back of my head for years is a FF chassis flipped front to rear to make a RR Porsche. Something like an FF-04 would be perfect... Custom lower deck cut by FibreLyte to get 251mm wheelbase. Anyways, another one for the future!

1 hour ago, Pylon80 said:

Another project that I have had in the back of my head for years is a FF chassis flipped front to rear to make a RR Porsche. Something like an FF-04 would be perfect... Custom lower deck cut by FibreLyte to get 251mm wheelbase. Anyways, another one for the future!

TCR can do that but it maybe too simple depending on what you want to achieve.

SK3Fm9Y.jpg

34 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

TCR can do that but it maybe too simple depending on what you want to achieve.

SK3Fm9Y.jpg

I saw these, seem very simple but very interesting. Just not Tamiya 😁

I think MST kits sometimes come with Tamiya bodies, hence the matching wheelbase options?

17 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

I saw these, seem very simple but very interesting. Just not Tamiya 😁

I think MST kits sometimes come with Tamiya bodies, hence the matching wheelbase options?

They are cheap too, not too expensive to add one, or two to a collection. I bought two and mash them into one car for a FF + RR 2 motor 4WD MTC monster.

I am not sure about the bodies but I think the MTX-1 I have had a body very similar to one of the Tamiya ones.

• Like 1