one_hit

What’s everyone's RC backlog look like?

33 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

O M G @Wooders28! Yup, I am that old! Wow, you do need to finish that project!!!

Need to finish a few none RC toy projects too...😬

2023-10-22_05-08-32

I've a nib orange blossom 2 (where the decals in the build thread came from, that I need enlarged and printed for the RC body) plus a nib pull sled. Normally don't bother with nib, as I can't just fling them on a shelf, let the kids play with them etc, but they where cheap enough (fat fingered ebay sale..).

• Like 5

@one_hit coincidentally I’m playing Cyberpunk at the moment, following the update and DLC. I’m quite enjoying it, it’s still very buggy (the bad/non-rc sort of buggy) though. I’m seriously considering a Cyberpunk replica of the Porsche RSR. I’ve already brought a Jonny Silverhand action figure cheap off of Amazon and wondering how I can match it with the touring cockpit set, 

• Like 1

New kits to build:

Tamiya 47443 TA03RS Porsche 911 GT1 Street

Kyosho Ultima rerelease

Kyosho Dirtmaster

Kyosho Turbo Optima rerelease (2 bodies)

Kyosho Optima Mid rerelease

Carten M210R+ (except the body)

3Racing M4

Cars that are build but need to be finished:

MST CMX Defender 90: Driver figure, a rear bumper and D-shackles on or holes in the bumpers.

MST CMX Unimog 406: Weathering, shims on the winch to lead the cable.

Traxxas TRX4Sport kit: Lights, winches, body, interior,...

Tamiya 84316 Golf mk1: Body, driver figure.

Tamiya 58669 M-08 concept: Body, interior, lights.

Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL: Alternative bodies (2)

Cars that need a restoration/rebuild/conversion:

Tamiya TA03F (conversion)

Tamiya XV-01 (rebuild/conversion)

Tamiya 5843 original Grasshopper (restoration)

Tamiya 58346 rerelease Grasshopper (rebuild/conversion)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I made a spreadsheet earlier in the year and I've mentally decided not to re-open that document :lol:

I, like many (I hope) am very limited on my hobby time. Some weeks I'll get a couple of evenings in, other times I'll go for a month or 2 without picking up a wrench. Sad times. What is unrelenting is my online shopping habit, so I end up with boxes and boxes of parts which I acquire without any time to install anything. 

I'm ashamed to say that this does result in me forgetting what I have sometimes and even accidentally double ordering and acquiring duplicates! 

I need to stem the online shopping (for lack of space more than anything) and focus on spending time, not money, on this hobby.

Sometimes I wonder if its the spending money that I enjoy too. I have kits to build, but am always looking for others.

• Like 3

On 10/22/2023 at 8:48 AM, ChrisRx718 said:

I made a spreadsheet earlier in the year and I've mentally decided not to re-open that document :lol:

I, like many (I hope) am very limited on my hobby time. Some weeks I'll get a couple of evenings in, other times I'll go for a month or 2 without picking up a wrench. Sad times. What is unrelenting is my online shopping habit, so I end up with boxes and boxes of parts which I acquire without any time to install anything. 

I'm ashamed to say that this does result in me forgetting what I have sometimes and even accidentally double ordering and acquiring duplicates! 

I need to stem the online shopping (for lack of space more than anything) and focus on spending time, not money, on this hobby.

It's like you're my doppelganger! Tell me, does the amount of tax they take out of your pay each month annoy you as much as it does me?

• Like 2

I've decided this Autumn to finish off the cars I have as a first priority before buying any more. If I have time and budget by Christmas I'll order something new. 

Main tasks are:

• Convert my MF01x into an MF01x Pumpkin. I've wanted one for ages - I did a mock up about a year ago, but I never finished it off. This time I will do it properly. Full GF01 arms, Sand Paddle tires and faster motor with full interior.

• Add Yellow CVAs and UK Monsters double wishbone suspension to the Pumpkin. 

• Build and paint the WPL D12 body and drop onto a QD MT for a fun small scale monster van!

• Reduce the wheelbase of the CR12 to add to an FJ45 to make a scale crawler.

Outside of one new Pumpkin Body (wow, they are expensive when you add it up!) I've not got to spend much more, but this should keep me going for a good while! If I've got time/money I will go with a new build in Jan.

• Like 2

I guess I will not post a detailed list here, even though I have made somekind of a quite complete Excel sheet when I moved last December (when you have to put each of your projects in a box anyway then you may do somekind of a physical inventory). Let me just say: It's quite long. And at some point I see it as an accusation to myself.

Just a few examples:

- Rebuild of my 1987 Tamiya Bruiser 4x4 besides of restoring a Tamiya Toyota 4x4 Pickup and a Blazing Blazer.

- Modding of some WPL Jeeps (one stock Willys, one with RC4WD wheels & tires, one as CJ-3A with 3D printed grille and tailgate)

- Upgrading a 1/6 RocHobby Willys (other wheel screws, piano hinge for the bonnet, different lettering ... - Just guess what my favourite 1/1 car is?)

- Finding an idea for the body of my Tamiya 6x6 Tracked Chassis (I sold the King Yellow body, not what I intended for that chassis).

- Four (yes "4") Tamiya M1025 Hummer with different ideas in mind (Open Body, FRP-Chassis with turtleback cut off, runner and an XB).

And that's only the tiny tip of the iceberg!

Sometimes I hate myself. Even having such a large stash I cannot help myself but buying something new, when something catches my eye. It's the fear that I will not come across a model again, when I once missed the opportunity. Maybe because I had to leave a lot of "beloved items" in a former home when I had to move at the age of ten (I left my hometown only with an Airfix B-29 Superfortress as somekind as a "red herring" to keep me occupied during the 500Km train ride in 1975). Maybe because I had to sell a 1/1 car I really liked (Daihatsu F20 Wildcat - or Taft or Toyota Blizzard as it has been called in other countries) and I am still moaning about not having it any more (more than 30 years ago).

OK, enough complained. I still have hopes to get the one or other project done before I am too old for modelling.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, jonboy1 said:

does the amount of tax they take out of your pay each month annoy you

Okay they take it, but the way they spend it really really annoys me and even makes me angry allthough that's not my nature 🤬

For those of you with a serious backlog: I will bring my own tools, table to work on, and beer to help you out. Just let me know when. I will clear my schedule.

• Haha 4

Man alive and my wife thought I had a problem. I only have one car at the moment but will build another one shortly as soon as I decide what. The list is rather shortish:

Super Sabre

Novafox

TT02 of some kind

• Like 1

Although I have only one unbuilt M chassis in bags and four other, actual projects on the list - I have come up against one thing: it's easy to buy something like a kit or resto car, get it delivered, unwrap (hey, cool thing!) and then there are all the other things ... I need. Like motors, ESC, TX/RX, paint, some odd tool thingy ... the list goes on.

And in the middle of this, one gets the urge to "check out" whatever is up with the new RC baby on Tamiyaclub and what it might need in terms of fixes and essential hopups. Ooah ... this one needs some serious love, eh? New gearbox and extra sprockets up front? :D

It's easy to get into spreadsheet territory, making flowcharts of "if then random failure apply glue".

Perhaps it's just me, and perhaps I should have heeded the age old wisdom of Tamiya manuals: "Study and understand the instructions thoroughly before beginning assembly". :)

But knowing all this, I can't help having a look at monsterizing a CR-01 or making a lowrider Lunchbox ... heelp!

• Haha 1

The end goal: a RC car that performs good on intended running surface and looks just the way you like it can only happen with enough "mental preparation". Envisioning the end result is the start of a new adventure and mostly results in buying yet another car/project/rc-stuff just to make sure you can eventually make it happen in real life. Or that's the way it works for me.

A week ago I had an empty schedule. There were "small" jobs like adding an interior and a couple of light bars to my crawler, but nothing major.

But then Tamico went and released their 15th Anniversary Dancing Rider. I don't even want it that badly, but it was enough to make the other things I had in my basket add up to something shippable.

After enjoying my 288 GTO on M08, I've got a hankering for more 1/12 scale builds. I'll learn from, but try not to blindly repeat any of @Nikko85's excellent work.

My winter project list now includes another 1/12 on M-chassis build (this time using a MF01X) and turning a M06 into an Ironman Stewart Hilux Trophy truck. Builds to follow in the forum when I've got critical mass of parts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

But then Tamico went and released their 15th Anniversary Dancing Rider. I don't even want it that badly, but it was enough to make the other things I had in my basket add up to something shippable.

Ha Ha Ha ... :D ... yes exactly the same here. But that does not make it better. I have a good friend who shares a similar taste when it comes to model cars and he always sends me a message, when something new appears on the radar. I had to quote Anthony Quinn alias Auda Abu Tayi in "Lawrence of Arabia": "Thy mother mated with a scorpion!" He always tells me: "Well, I will go to h3ll anyway and I don't want to go alone!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

A week ago I had an empty schedule. There were "small" jobs like adding an interior and a couple of light bars to my crawler, but nothing major.

After enjoying my 288 GTO on M08, I've got a hankering for more 1/12 scale builds. I'll learn from, but try not to blindly repeat any of @Nikko85's excellent work.

My winter project list now includes another 1/12 on M-chassis build (this time using a MF01X) and turning a M06 into an Ironman Stewart Hilux Trophy truck. Builds to follow in the forum when I've got critical mass of parts.

And I've also just found somewhere in Italy that makes Alfa 33 shells (the 90s version!). Fairly simple, but the end result will be amusing. No build thread needed, but assuming I do it, then it will definitely appear in the Gallery.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, urban warrior said:

... or like that. :lol:     1148469315_rccarscontainer....jpg.93fcd095f7b5932443cba2d9f82fcff7.jpg

NICE! No flat spots on the tires :lol:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, naturbo2000 said:

Is the M06 going to be 1/12 too? I would love an Hilux Trophy Truck but can't find the body! 

On 10/21/2023 at 7:40 AM, Evetsyelspih said:

I’ve got quite a few nib that I will build and run. First though, I’ve got three kits that are built just need to paint bodies. 
Need to paint body on:

CC01 Landcruiser 

XV01 Toyota Yaris rally

TT02 Datsun 240z rally

New in box kits I need to build:

Avante Black Special

DB01 Durga

Monster Beetle

Hotshot

Hotshot 2 Blockhead

CC02 Bronco

MF01x Beetle Rally

BBX - this is the one I’ll start next. Can’t wait!

Add a Toyota Hilux High Lift to this list. Had to get it. Now gotta tell my wife!

• Like 3

Good question!

1) BBX still in box, with motor and ESC on the way over from Japan.

2) Second hand TA05 V2, bought with chassis built, but with body yet to be cut, painted and stickered. Also needs electrics.

3) Second hand TB Evo 6 MS. I've cleaned and refurbished, but needs a body and electrics.

4) TT02 Type S - it's built, but the body is a bit rubbish and it won't go straight! So needs a new body and some tinkering to get it to driver properly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

Is the M06 going to be 1/12 too? I would love an Hilux Trophy Truck but can't find the body! 

Yes. Most likely going to see how a Monster Racer shell works (TBG repro I guess). It's a little too narrow at 165mm, when I really want nearer 200mm for true 1:12 scale. They also reckon the wheelbase is 250mm which is a little short, but a challenge to stretch a M06 to (I've seen 257mm done). Width increase might be possible with crawler wheel arch extenders.

It would be easier to stretch the MF01X, but the other project is 190mm wheelbase which I don't even want to attempt trying with the M06 and it's trivial on the MF01X.

I will swap all the hubs over between the MF01X and M06 so the latter can get the increased ground clearance. It will also get 85/90mm crawler tyres on whatever big offset 1.9 wheels I can find (touring, drift or crawler).

• Like 1

Kyosho Tomahawk

Kyosho Dirt Master

And I have an old Nikko Black Cat which I’d like to take apart and fit with modern electrics.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Oh. It seems Tamiya Toyota Prerunner 58136 is almost perfect 1/12. 

The tyres might even be the right size and still available.

• Like 1