Pylon80

What is your favorite heatsink for open endbell motors?

I will be getting a lightly tuned motor for one of my TT-02 and I want to  use a heatsink in that car. After seeing this post:

I thought I would ask people what is their favorite Tamiya heatsink for all the open endbell motors? Did I understand correctly that the TT-01 (53644) one is too long, hits the endbell and blocks the vent holes while the DT-02 one (53831) is really tiny and potentially not very effective. So, what is the consensus?

Please check one of my next posts in the same Topic. I checked again and everything is fine. TT-01 Heat Sink fits as it should.

You can also check last page of my TT-02B build.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skom25 said:

Please check one of my next posts in the same Topic. I checked again and everything is fine. TT-01 Heat Sink fits as it should.

You can also check last page of my TT-02B build.

I will have a look at both, thank you for the quick reply sir!

• Like 1

Must it be a Tamiya? If not, my favourite is one of these with a temperature sensor whoch will turn the fan on when the temperature is higher than 40 degrees. I can tell by sound that things have "warmed up". Seen here on the T410.

xNggfH1.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

I will have a look at both, thank you for the quick reply sir!

If you check other posts, someone mentioned even better Heat Sink from Tamiya. It is similar size but have much more empty space so vents are not closed. I just do not remember who and in which Topic wrote this... Check both :D

46 minutes ago, skom25 said:

If you check other posts, someone mentioned even better Heat Sink from Tamiya. It is similar size but have much more empty space so vents are not closed. I just do not remember who and in which Topic wrote this... Check both :D

I think I found it on 'what have you done today'. @Beena chimed in and the result of the discussion is that the TT-02 heatsink in its manual tells us NOT to use with open end bell motors (could be done but not ideal as it looks a little wonky and could short the wires etc, then the TT-01 heatsink actually covers the use of an open endbell motor in its manual and seems like a better fit. That is good as the TT-02 one seems out of stock where I want to place my next order. So I might go for the TT-01 one :)

Thanks all!

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Must it be a Tamiya?

Not necessarily, if you could find one that is the same blue, does not have any machining marks and no nicks in the anodizing, for cheaper, then no problem. Oh wait! That's right, it does not exist :D

I would run brushless instead of brushed in enclosed chassis to keep the efficiency up and temps down.. and no heat sink. 

• Like 1