FC5687

Alloy Chassis for Egree

I have never heard of nor have known of the Egress's stock carbon graphite chassis to be considered a weak spot on the car.

2 hours ago, FC5687 said:

It should overcome the durability issue about this car.

What durability issue?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FC5687 said:

My friend has shown me about this alloy chassis recently, and which is made for Egress.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Egress-Avante-2001-Vajra-Alloy-Parts-EGRESS-2013-Chassis-Set-Black-pargu1-/233440166212?_ul=IN

It should overcome the durability issue about this car.

Wish this help for someone who has the Egress.

There's no durability issue with the Egress in regards to it's chassis. With the new front hubs from the 2011 Avante the one real weakness was eliminated.

• Like 1

I am scratching my head as to why I would want to go from CF to aluminum decks.. Egress could use a thicker lower CF deck as it does twist pretty easily.  My MID's CF decks, no twist.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Don’t have an egress but don’t the front shock tower breaks easily I heard that some where.

Mine hasn't broken..  but if that is the case, I would just get a couple of spare CF ones.  I don't think these cars were really designed to drive like modern capable buggies that do 6ft jumps and all..  mindful driving is key on vintage and rere cars.  They're more for casual driving for older folks that want to enjoy nostalgia, not all out peak performance at the limits in 2023 standards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FC5687 said:

Any difference between Egress 2013 and the Black Edition? 

Colour and decal colours.

4 hours ago, Snappy1 said:

Colour and decal colours.

In one of the Official Tamiya YT Channel I think Maezumi-san mentioned something about they changed the shape of the knuckle or something.. (?). I don't remember the detail.  I have both the rere and black edition sitting in front of me 8ft away and never really cared to look.  :lol:  They both drive nicely.