Norco Kid

Did Towerhobbies just axe coupon codes? 😳

23 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

Hope you get it.  They messed up an order of mine a couple months back and as an apology they were going to add 800 rewards points and it never came.  I think they're just hopeless at this point.

Same.. my BBX was totally messed up and took forever to get it but I finally did. Now it’s the Ultima.  

Thankfully I ordered the RC10 CC from Amain.  

To be honest Towers coupons were the only thing keeping me loyal. Other wise I prefer AMain or TQRC. For Tamiya TQRC is by far the best service. They’re prices are competitive, they do special orders and out of stock is replenished within a week of TamiyaUSA has it.  They also don’t charge sales tax still for orders outside of Ca!!! 

Tamiya at Amain is a relatively new thing. They didn't always carry it and spare parts availability are meh. For Kyosho however they’re a good site. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Same.. my BBX was totally messed up and took forever to get it but I finally did. Now it’s the Ultima.  

Thankfully I ordered the RC10 CC from Amain.  

To be honest Towers coupons were the only thing keeping me loyal. Other wise I prefer AMain or TQRC. For Tamiya TQRC is by far the best service. They’re prices are competitive, they do special orders and out of stock is replenished within a week of TamiyaUSA has it.  They also don’t charge sales tax still for orders outside of Ca!!! 

Tamiya at Amain is a relatively new thing. They didn't always carry it and spare parts availability are meh. For Kyosho however they’re a good site. 

Yea, I shopped at Tower for years for Tamiya and coupon codes.  Lately it seems AMain has more Tamiya stuff than Tower most of the time. 

Tower finally got my $85 worth of points sorted and my Ultima JJ has shipped. 😰

The emailed me today with my whopping $20 of Tower cash to use by 12/31. Apparently I was dreaming, I thought it was $20 for every hundred you spend 😂🤣. I’m sorry tower but you’re not getting my $ on future orders with this nonsense. 

• Like 2

This is disappointing. Tower's been my go-to mail-order/online shop since 1989. I guess all good things eventually come to an end... THANKS HORIZON!

By the way, thank you Norco Kid, for letting us know about this. My membership ran out and I was about to renew before Christmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raman36 said:

The emailed me today with my whopping $20 of Tower cash to use by 12/31. Apparently I was dreaming, I thought it was $20 for every hundred you spend 😂🤣. I’m sorry tower but you’re not getting my $ on future orders with this nonsense. 

That took a while.. I'm already done building my JJ WC after a 2 week soak period (enjoyed the box before breaking the seal) and redoing the body after a week's wait.  :lol:   My car is perfectly box art.   You're going to enjoy the car, I think.. it looks 10x better in person too.. and light weight for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raman36 said:

I thought it was $20 for every hundred you spend 😂🤣. I’m sorry tower but you’re not getting my $ on future orders with this nonsense. 

That's what makes the promotion so useless and insulting to be honest. There is no tiers like the the coupons had. $20 coupon regardless of the order total. Add to that that it is a coupon for a future order which has time stipulations attached as well. Also, you cannot use more than one coupon per order so that is pretty lame if you have reward points to redeem.

14 hours ago, Raman36 said:

I was wondering if it was a set $20 regardless of how many hundreds that might be spent. Nothing better than an ever declining percentage off the more you spend.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I was wondering if it was a set $20 regardless of how many hundreds that might be spent. Nothing better than an ever declining percentage off the more you spend.  

Your best bet is to buy something right around the $100 mark and save ~20%.    Or just buy elsewhere or wait it out and see if they come back to their senses next month.. probably not.  

Inflationary cost increases is probably driving this scheme.. but CS is too dumb to explain it properly to convince customers to have compassion and how much they appreciate all the customer's support.  Their other option is to increase prices for everything and offer the same 'deals' they provided in the past.. but that usually doesn't sit well with most folks as most are smart shoppers.    

There is no way out of this one but to ask customers sincerely for support.. which they are too stubborn to do.

• Like 1

Ok, this is becoming really fun. My tower invoice was for $330.53. They charged my card $422.65. 😂🤣

This an epic mess. I’m not even bothering with their chat feature. Disputed straight with bank. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Ok, this is becoming really fun. My tower invoice was for $330.53. They charged my card $422.65. 😂🤣

This an epic mess. I’m not even bothering with their chat feature. Disputed straight with bank. 

Wow, that's outrageous.  They should just shut that site down, its done.  Placed all my orders with AMain in the past couple weeks.  Takes forever to get from CA but at least I get charged the right amount. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Wow that is just non sense. Basically stealing money…

Im not concerned as in the end it would be settled correctly. 

It’s the continued mistakes that’s concerning and seems there is no end insight for the end of this debacle. 

Even if i can not shop with them i just recieved  E-mail regarding Super Saver Club & Coupon’s, so if they stopped with this it seems it started again(?)

3 hours ago, GToddC5 said:

^ "Does not include Tamiya or Redcat brand items"

I get Tamiya trying to hold their "luxury" image, but Redcat not allowing coupons is kinda silly.

19 minutes ago, GToddC5 said:

^ "Does not include Tamiya or Redcat brand items"

Saw that too… 

Just received my RC10 Crystal Clear from Amain hobbies. Smooth and easy transaction, un like my last 2 preorders at tower. I used my $20 tower cash for preorder of Fiat 131 Abarth body set. After that, I will have no use to ever shop tower again, unless they bring coupons back.

• Like 3

I've not ordered anything from Tower for over a month now.. and you know what, it hasn't bothered me one bit. I've got everything I need from other shops, at decent prices too.   👍

• Like 3

I have a $50 gift card to spend at Tower. I figure I'll use it once things calm down (if they ever do) but until then I've been using Amain and weirdly, Amazon. Who knows, I may have already placed my last order ever with Tower back in February. 

Just used my $10 "bday certificate" on a couple cans of paint so I can rest easy knowing I didn't get screwed out of the "club". Basically came out even.  Don't forget that certificate if you are a member!!

• Like 2

Anyone get a silly broach or coin or whatever the thing is from TowerHobbies in the mail?   What is this?  Instead of sending us useless things saying they appreciate our business, how about a simple $50 coupon code via email we can use towards anything over $200?   :wacko:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Anyone get a silly broach or coin or whatever the thing is from TowerHobbies in the mail?   What is this?  Instead of sending us useless things saying they appreciate our business, how about a simple $50 coupon code via email we can use towards anything over $200?   :wacko:

YES! Just found it in the mail. I'm worried it's a tracking device. :D

My thoughts exactly on the fake coin vs a coupon code. Did they outsource the marketing department too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Nope, I refused to renew membership a week ago. They are sitting on several orders that I used coupons and loyalty points on, and not billing and shipping them out. I suppose they are waiting for me to go postal and cancel, since they don't have the cojones to do it themselves. It was a fun ride for me in '23 while it lasted and I was only using the system they put in place providing them thousands of dollars in orders, but now they can pound sand, sitting on orders with in stock items because they don't want to honor pricing at the time I placed the orders. AND I have several open pre-orders that I'm sure they will renege on.

Yeah, I'm salty about it, lol.

• Like 3

Well @Willy iine I stand corrected! I just checked my mail and sure enough there was a packet from Tower with the giant coin and stickers! I checked my account and last year should have ran out around the 22nd. Checked my CC on file and I don't see any auto charges. Very strange. I'm even more mad now though, after checking all my open orders with items that haven't shipped. It's worse than I remembered. Some are now showing backordered when last I checked they were in stock. Others are showing in stock awaiting shipment, from orders I placed FOUR months ago . . .

• Like 1

Being over here in the uk we obviously don’t have tower hobbies but I use to read about how good their service was with good discounts etc with a bit of envy:( but lately I’ve been reading/ listening to the disgruntled once loyal customers about shoddy service! Has it been taken over by a corporate (generally greedy) company because it’s quite quickly changed from what I’m seeing and that generally happens when faceless companies take over purely for quick profit?