Norco Kid

Did Towerhobbies just axe coupon codes? 😳

13 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Personally believe TamiyaUSA’s sales have declined year after year and and to offset, they’ve  implemented an MAP, stopped Japanese sites from international shipments outside of Japan and now have done away with discounts. 

Seems like they're just shooting themselves in the foot to me, cracking down on discounts and banking on youtubers to help move product.

2 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Personally believe TamiyaUSA’s sales have declined year after year and and to offset, they’ve  implemented an MAP, stopped Japanese sites from international shipments outside of Japan and now have done away with discounts.  

Except that i can find hundreds of tamiya products from japanese sellers all over ebay...  for a lot less than MAP...  and nobody seems to care about that.

Do these YouTube micro influencers even generate sales? I'd love to know their metrics for this.

16 hours ago, tim.senecal said:

Except that i can find hundreds of tamiya products from japanese sellers all over ebay...  for a lot less than MAP...  and nobody seems to care about that.

True but majority offset the price with lofty shipping prices. 

18 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

Seems like they're just shooting themselves in the foot to me, cracking down on discounts and banking on youtubers to help move product.

Agree 100%. They dug a whole for themselves and doubled down and keep digging further. 

Protectionist strategy doesn’t work out in the long run. Eg Tower coupons enabled me to buy 2 kits versus one. No coupons from Tower, means we will shop elsewhere, eg Amain. Cut out their small coupon as well.. means you could lose me entirely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raman36 said:

Agree 100%. They dug a whole for themselves and doubled down and keep digging further. 

The only player who's really made their "protectionist" strategy work is Traxxas, but they basically have an iron grasp over LHS's.

It'd be nice to see $80 2wd buggy kits again, or $170 XV01s.

• Like 1