Busdriver

Loss of a sponsor

@netsmithUK will the closure of Fusion Hobbies who were one of the site’s sponsors have any financial effect on the main site / forum. I know they offered us discount but did they support the site as well. Does that make subscription even more important!!

Am I going to get a response regarding why this post has been blocked????

On 11/6/2023 at 9:15 PM, Busdriver said:

Am I going to get a response regarding why this post has been blocked????

Hi, not blocked at all. You posted in a site section area not a public one. Anyone posting in this area is automatically moderated. As we get lots of accidental posts in this area I hadnt noticed a new one creep in till today. The backend of the forum can sometimes look a bit messy with posts awaiting approval and or in the wrong place. Sorry for the delay replying though.

In answer to your question Chris is actively looking for new sponsors to replace Fusion but Model Shops in general are becoming a dying breed sadly. I will catch up with Chris to see how things are going.

First and foremost I sad things didn’t work out for fusion, they were great people and a big asset to the uk rc scene. I wish them well in whatever they do next.

with regard to impact on the site, financially it makes no difference, my deal with all the sponsors is just to supply occasional kits for prizes when needed. So it might be these competitions are fewer until I find a replacement. 

if anyone knows someone that wants a sponsor slot let me know.

If anyone wants to support the club then subscription is the most important thing

chris

• Like 6

Thanks for the responses. Ditto in respect of sadness at end of Fusion !!!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 3:37 AM, netsmithUK said:

First and foremost I sad things didn’t work out for fusion, they were great people and a big asset to the uk rc scene. I wish them well in whatever they do next.

with regard to impact on the site, financially it makes no difference, my deal with all the sponsors is just to supply occasional kits for prizes when needed. So it might be these competitions are fewer until I find a replacement. 

if anyone knows someone that wants a sponsor slot let me know.

If anyone wants to support the club then subscription is the most important thing

chris

How do I subscribe to the forum?

38 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Is this the forum or something separate? 

Don't quote me on this ... but I think the subscriber option supports Tamiyaclub (the showrooms etc) and the forum in one subscription. So you get to support the forum and get some extras on top.

• Like 1

The forum is a free feature of the site. Subscription covers the showrooms etc of the main site and it’s the proceeds from that that allow the site (inc the forums) to continue

• Like 2

12 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

The forum is a free feature of the site. Subscription covers the showrooms etc of the main site and it’s the proceeds from that that allow the site (inc the forums) to continue

Awesome. Not really interested in the Showroom side (that may change!) but Im glad a found a way of financially supporting this great forum. Subscribed!

12 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Bizarrely Ive had an email saying my subscription has ended? Within a few minutes of paying for the year? See upload? 

IMG_4158.png

Thanks for the support - apologies for that. The reminder service can get a little confused just depending on very specific set of timings of events. In that instance the message is sent in error but I've checked and everything is process ok :)

One of the advantages of being a subscriber is you get free picture hosting on tcphotos.net which you can use for anything (inc making it much easier to add photos to this forum or another) Let me know if you would like me to activate it for you.

Regards

Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Thanks for the support - apologies for that. The reminder service can get a little confused just depending on very specific set of timings of events. In that instance the message is sent in error but I've checked and everything is process ok :)

One of the advantages of being a subscriber is you get free picture hosting on tcphotos.net which you can use for anything (inc making it much easier to add photos to this forum or another) Let me know if you would like me to activate it for you.

Regards

Chris

Brilliant. Thank you. Happy to support!