Gebbly

Do you keep the boxes?

1 hour ago, DTSCB said:

I sort of wish finished cars fit in the box they were sold in. 

Some can. Top of my head, the TTs and Fs can. I believe the FFs can too but have not built mine yet.

• Like 1

I keep mine at work in a trailer. Gonna have to part with some though. I hate to recycle them but they do take up alot of room. I have RTR boxs from Losi and Arrma as well.  Those really take up the room. Can't keep them all. The hundred plus built cars take up plenty of shelf space. That I need more room.

Cory

• Like 2

Due to space, I promised my wife, I would only keep the boxes where they had the cars drawn on them. It was either that or I keep none so I figured that was a good compromise

• Like 1

I kept one…

D2714483-CCD3-48D2-9421-5C0E5569FEBE.jpg

I have actually got nearly all my boxes still, a few are used for storing parts but the majority are out the way in the loft not doing anyone any harm.

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I kept one…

D2714483-CCD3-48D2-9421-5C0E5569FEBE.jpg

I have actually got nearly all my boxes still, a few are used for storing parts but the majority are out the way in the loft not doing anyone any harm.

That is an awesome idea to frame it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a Sand Scorcher box waiting for the same treatment.

You could fit dozens of those in one frame @Willy iine 😎

I’ve thought about doing something with body set boxes, or use the smaller pictures of kits from the edges of box, similar to some VW birthday cards I received in the past.

Tamiya’s art works are just so nice to look at, 

IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6061.jpeg

• Like 4

Yes I keep the boxes. I love my RC boxes 🤓 to me they are part of the whole experience, and they double up nicely as storage for the respective cars' spares, tires and parts.

Space is not an issue for the moment, as I only have a few. I also like to display them along with the cars 20231114-101431.jpg

• Like 1

When I think about the original boxes of my Bruiser and my Clod Buster (for example) and imagine that some people pay a lot of money for them today and keep in mind that my boxes got "destroyed" over the years in the basement. Well then I think keeping them in good shape would have been better. On one hand I find them quite sturdy to keep other things in them (only rc modelling related for sure!), but one needs a heck of space to get all that stored. In countries with a high price for living space like here in Germany (at least when you are living close to bigger cities like Frankfurt/M) it is difficult to keep so many things if you're not really well situated financially. So it's a question not easy to answer.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1