bRIBEGuy

GF01CB Build... Comical Mitsubishi Evo VI Rally (c/w HotShot side rambles)

Amazing! It looks amazing! And the cockpit may be the best rally cockpit I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting!

• Thanks 1

Your work is truly impeccable

Our sticker design is based on the 1999 Monte Carlo Grand Prix. The fact that you managed to create it without dedicated stickers is truly admirable.

WeChat 截圖_20231117114323.png

• Like 4

Thanks for all the kinda words, everyone.  I'm pretty stoked with how this one turned out.  It's 99% done... so there will be one more update coming soon...

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 12:59 PM, bRIBEGuy said:

My second set of TG10 axles arrived, along with a second set of front tires.  I won't be using the wider kit tires on the rear, but instead will have the same shoes on all four corners.

vOKUDcY.jpg

What is the part number for the White S-parts that are the inside of the wheel? 0114171 is the one in the manual download on tamiyausa, but that is a gray piece.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:46 PM, SlideWRX said:

What is the part number for the White S-parts that are the inside of the wheel? 0114171 is the one in the manual download on tamiyausa, but that is a gray piece.

This part @SlideWRX?

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-10114169-S-Parts-white-2-GF-01CB

As best as I can tell:

10114169 is White
10115861 is Green (58662).
10114171 is Grey (58678).
10115879 is Orange (58666).
10115896 is Pink.

Parts number info on these is a little all over the place...

• Thanks 1

Yes! Thanks.  I could track down the others mostly, but I was looking for white of course. :) And it looks like tamico is one of the few actually carrying it.

After a L-O-N-G postal delay, the final (?) piece of the Comical Evo VI build finally arrived...

kJtzIzE.jpg

• Like 1

Overall quality and design of these wheel centers is excellent.  There are slots that line up with the protruding "ribs" in the red outer section so there is zero guesswork to line up the screw holes. 

y1Tnd0b.jpg

qttHTuW.jpg

Quality of injection molding is at least as good as the kit parts, if not better.  The wheel center swap was quick and painless as a result, and the finished look is oh-so-sweet, IMO.

ZZNDP8E.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

M7kgYgz.jpg

That looks amazing. Definitely one of my most favourite builds I've seen this year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toyolien said:

That looks amazing. Definitely one of my most favourite builds I've seen this year.

Thank you sir.  That is high praise coming from you, and much appreciated.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  :)