If anyone wanted to make a good vintage big foot the taiyo tandy/radioshack 4x4 blue body would be perfect for this. 

• Like 1

ooh, cool!  I was just looking at the Radioshack F150 body that I got from @Nikko85 yesterday and wondering what axles would fit nicely under it.  Might be a good option.

I'll be interested to see how big these are in the flesh - 1:18 is realistically too small to fit alongside the Tamiya 1:14 big rigs, but not everyone's scale are the same.

Oh dear why did they have to go and do that. Just bought a Gorgon!!! But hey that’s 2 wheel drive. 4’s got to be better!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Am I weird for thinking those little trucks were making a mess in the "graveyard dirt" mulch displays they had in the showroom on that video? I bet someone had to do some sweeping up. Tisk tisk. Also, why doesn't "cool" music play like in the video when I run my Tamiyas or it only a Losi thing? Joking aside, its a very cool looking little truck even if little RCs aren't my thing.

Hmm, just had a moment to watch the video...  Yeah, they look cool!  And at £45 more than a Squash Van (which will need loads more to make it run) it looks like a bargain.

Sometime this winter I was going to start work on a solid axle Lunchbox monster truck to mostly be a display piece on the back of a big rig trailer, but these practically make that project obsolete.

(This is happening a lot actually, Proline have just announced an I-beam axle for the SCX10-II just as I was about to start work on a CC01-based 2wd Prerunner).

Hmm...  I almost put a deposit down on a Squash Van at the LHS yesterday, but...  Decisions!  Just a shame it isn't available as a builder's kit...

I was going to get a Squash Van but there have been no reviews or vids other than the launch one and frankly at  a tad over £200 I think it’s expensive. It’ll need bearings, quite a few, probably a better motor, CVA’s and a metal pinion. Oh and if you haven’t already got them batteries and radio. My Gorgon cost £153 without batteries but with radio. It is 2s lipos compatible and frankly anything more would be wasted, unless you’re trying to destroy it!!! It’s a blast at the skate park. The same goes for this little LMT.  At £250 I reckon it will be cheaper than a fully specified Squash and you could probably get a spare battery and get it for less. Now I’m normally the first one to say I want to build it but that is becoming less and less important to me. The RTR stuff just seems to be tougher and more reliable than the stuff you build( maybe I build them badly)

PS don’t have space for the mahoosive full sized LMT. 

Edited by Busdriver
  • Like 1

Oh fudge. I really don't need any more cars but I could use it as an excuse to move to Spektrum Smart batteries as a way to lessen my nagging worries when we move to a new wooden garage. 

Yeah, that's it - buy more to save...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Oh fudge. I really don't need any more cars but I could use it as an excuse to move to Spektrum Smart batteries as a way to lessen my nagging worries when we move to a new wooden garage. 

My kind of logic

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 10:37 AM, Sogogi said:

It got announced..

as a person who really liked Losi Mini LST, it is very tempting :0

It looks pretty awesome.  From a purely scale/proportion perspective, I think they did a better job than the bigger LMT!

On 11/9/2023 at 11:38 AM, Mad Ax said:

I'll be interested to see how big these are in the flesh - 1:18 is realistically too small to fit alongside the Tamiya 1:14 big rigs, but not everyone's scale are the same.

Ya, "The scale is not the scale" thing really bugs me in RC.  Someone had a video on YT showing the Mini LMT next to the SCX24 and the FMS Smasher.  It's not hugely bigger based on dimensions, but it has a much bigger "presence".  Sort of like how a Bulldog is a much bigger dog that it's length/height would suggest...

On 11/9/2023 at 11:49 AM, tamiya3speed said:

Price is a touch higher than I would like but not by much considering how it is spec’d.  

Ya, I was hoping it would be closer to the price of some of the 1:24 stuff... but what can you do, right?

On 11/10/2023 at 7:24 AM, Badcrumble said:

See, and I'm the opposite... I actively want to AVOID the spektrum stuff, so anything built around it is a bit of a turn off.