Sogogi

2023 Black friday deals

1 hour ago, Tobyone said:

Same here, if it shows in stock then they have it and delivery, for me anyway, has always been as expected.

Purchased far too much from them over the years :) 

10% off site wide at the moment - Black Friday,  code BF10

I had 3 orders already this year where they apologized for inaccurate inventory.  

If it wasn’t for the weak JPY, I would not order from them.  

44 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I had 3 orders already this year where they apologized for inaccurate inventory.  

That's really interesting.....have done at least 6-7 orders this year and similar for years and years...no issues ever.  LOVE that place!

For me it was more like cart wasnt updating correctly. I tried to go through the payment and it kept failing. Initially i thought maybe something is wrong with my CC, but realized some items were out of stock which in no way for me to know.

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

For me it was more like cart wasnt updating correctly. I tried to go through the payment and it kept failing. Initially i thought maybe something is wrong with my CC, but realized some items were out of stock which in no way for me to know.

The issue may have been someone else completing their purchase before you, so although they were available when you went to check out they were gone by the time you were at the point of completing the order.  I've had that before, and it's just something that happens with an inventory with live updates.  I'd much rather it that way than allowing me to check out and then having the purchase subsequently cancelled.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Willy iineThat's not good to hear, very frustrating.

I haven't ordered for the past couple of months, perhaps things have changed :( .

13 hours ago, Twinfan said:

The issue may have been someone else completing their purchase before you

Possibly this, they seem to hold really low inventory, like ~5 pieces of each item.

They always ship in exactly 4 days for my numerous ~£100 orders, shame about the upfront vat now though as i never use to get charged ;)

• Like 1

From what I've seen I think they quite often don't re-stock unless something sells out, especially if it's a part that doesn't sell in large volumes.  It's a bit annoying as I wanted 4 of something recently and they only had one in stock for a while.  So I bought that and it triggered a re-stock the same day.  Very frustrating as you then pay more postage!

However, they're still awesome to buy from and very reasonably priced so it's not all bad.  It just gives you an excuse to buy more stuff, right?  :P

5 hours ago, Tobyone said:

@Willy iineThat's not good to hear, very frustrating.

I haven't ordered for the past couple of months, perhaps things have changed :( .

I don’t mean to pee on the party hats, but I am currently having issues with an order as we speak.. and this one even includes damaged items on top of incorrect inventory info.   So yeah, if it wasn’t for the weak yen, I would not care to buy from them.. just because I am Japanese does not give anyone a free pass.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Not sure if it's strictly black friday, but you can get the Golf mk1 for £101.59 on amazon currently

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01ALC65V4?smid=A30DC7701CXIBH&tag=pepperugc03-21&ascsubtag=2608954754

It comes from EU warehouse but I haven't had any issues with paying fees in the UK so far, either at checkout or delivery. Anyone else?

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

It comes from EU warehouse but I haven't had any issues with paying fees in the UK so far, either at checkout or delivery. Anyone else?

Amazon pre charge tax on checkout and if the import tax turns out to be lower, a refund will be issued. I got a refund before on a HS2 BHM kit before. If import tax turns out to be higher, it is covered by Amazon.

Amain hobbies has some decent deals on Kyoshos, Hobbywing stuff if anyone would like to try out a 1080 or go brushless, and some discounts on RPM if you really like rubbery plastic.

That being said I am getting a bit bothered by their near constant e-mails, during what's supposed to be a holiday with my family.

• Like 1

AMain has 15% off on HobbyWing stuff which I made good use of ;) I had wanted another XR10 for a while.

Amazon meanwhile only had a 10% coupon on the 10BL60... Not sure how the various retailers make their dealings with such things? A science in itself.

• Like 2

I was doing some window shopping this Cyber-Monday, and Amazon has the purple MadVan (brushed)  for $209.  That is a super deal if anyone was thinking about getting one.

It's in my cart, but probably will not pull the trigger and just enjoy @Ferruz's photo adventures. :D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xeostar said:

Why do you guys get all of the good deals? The cheapest Dragon that I could find on sale was a Thunder Dragon for $168.

3 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

Why do you guys get all of the good deals? The cheapest Dragon that I could find on sale was a Thunder Dragon for $168.

Dragon series is some how $$$ in US…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

That is a reduced cost one because it has no ESC (which may not be a bad thing). TTM always list their kits without ESC so you can build your own package. With ESC is £121 which is about $153.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

That is a reduced cost one because it has no ESC (which may not be a bad thing). TTM always list their kits without ESC so you can build your own package. With ESC is £121 which is about $153.

That's still $15 cheaper than the cheapest deal that I could find, enough to buy some bearings to go with it.

19 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

Why is the saint dragon so much cheaper than the others?. I could get a Saint Dragon kit and a Fire dragon body shell for the same price as the fire dragon kit?

21 hours ago, Xeostar said:

I can only think it's  the kits popularity, lots of people don't like the Saint Dragon style so I guess supply and demand.

I love the Saint Dragon personally and bought one without and ESC so that suited me too. I seem to have loads of ESCs kicking about so might as well saved a few £ and use for bearings

• Like 1

I found the deals to be pretty light overall this year, I seem to remember better in the past. 

As others mentioned HW had a nice sale so bought a few new G2 brushless systems to replace some aging systems in race trucks and AMain had 15% off of JConcepts so bought 4 sets of Tribute/Renegade in Gold compound to get ready for winter carpet season.   I remember JC having 20% off on their site last year (or maybe it was 2021), but they actually had nothing on their site at all.  There were a few manufacturers that I remember having decent sales in the past that had absolutely nothing. 

• Like 2