Sogogi

2023 Black friday deals

I thought it would be cool (not cool for wallets) to create a thread of new deals to help fellow TCers…

Basically sales around black friday (well now there are like pre black friday, black friday, black friday week, black friday month etc etc)…

I couldn’t think of proper forum category, but if it is too irrelevant, please move.

Amain has the Optima Mid and Turbo Optima on sale, which has me once again hemming and hawing over a Mid....

• Like 3

Can't find any in the UK this year. There are some sites with "offers" but they are no lower than elsewhere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I saw the Top Force Evo for £299 on SC Models which I thought was good?

I saw that one as well but they do not have a Black Friday offer section so I assumed it is just a regular offer.

2 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Amain has the Optima Mid and Turbo Optima on sale, which has me once again hemming and hawing over a Mid....

I think they do offer several kyosho models on sale (including some legendary series stuff as well as fazer stuff)

Walmart has the Canon R50 on sale for $619 with the stability kit lens..  (usually between $749-799).  I was pretty close to pulling the trigger as my kid who is into media production recommended that camera for entry level users.. it would be perfect for those that want to capture nice clips and photos of your RC cars.  But when my junk photo's and video's can do what they continue to do on instagram, I just decided to continue using crap gear (iPhone12 mini)  to match my content.  :lol:

For me, I bought a M06 VW van.. not sure if it was on sale or not, but got it anyways because all Beetle owners need to have one at some point. ;) 

• Like 1

Hobbywing had a 30% off certain motors & escs for veteran’s day so I ordered the older model of the bandit series in a 10.5 for my jj ultima but they sent me a 4.5t. Now of course all of them are sold out and waiting to see what hobbywing does. 
Black friday sales in RC is kind of nonexistent especially electric stuff. 

amain promo code:   BF1023.  10% off store wide they said.. but not sure if any items are excluded.. give it shot.  👍

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

amain promo code:   BF1023.  10% off store wide they said.. but not sure if any items are excluded.. give it shot.  👍

Thanks. It looks like Tamiya products are indeed eligible.

• Like 1

I was curious and I checked if the Mercedes C11 kits were still available on AMain; they are, with the 10% off for Black Friday. I am surprised they are still around!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

I was curious and I checked if the Mercedes C11 kits were still available on AMain; they are, with the 10% off for Black Friday. I am surprised they are still around!

Are you going to get one? :)

On 11/19/2023 at 1:40 PM, markbt73 said:

I've been fighting off the Turbo Optima urge for a while now, not sure how much longer I can hold out. If it was a Turbo Ultima, I would have already pulled the trigger. I had one black when and really enjoyed it. 

30 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Are you going to get one? :)

Well I already did a month ago or so 😐 I was just curious to see if I had panic bought something that's still available or if I had snatched the last one in the nick of time. Well, the former 🤣

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Well I already did a month ago or so 😐 I was just curious to see if I had panic bought something that's still available or if I had snatched the last one in the nick of time. Well, the former 🤣

Haha that happened to me too. Especially when Tamiya says “limited edition” which i am not so sure what the real definition is…

6 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Haha that happened to me too. Especially when Tamiya says “limited edition” which i am not so sure what the real definition is…

Limited to how many they can sell :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mostly Humbug in Norway, The American Black Friday linked to Thanks Giving (?) became Black week (grey month or whatever) of course to have more days to Sell out stuff (even though Norway ofc do not have Thanks Giving). Several has been taken with their pants down shoveling prices up before Black Week and then set it back to normal price during Black Week. Its quite hard to find a good offer, and i can see most off the RC Webshop`s in Norway seem to drop Black Week (did not check today), the only Norwegian shop with Black Week Banner only had normal priced Tamiyas, so nothing to report here so far....

Plaza Japan is showing they are going to be releasing black friday coupon code soon.

However, I will warn their inventory system is crap (often times not accurate) and they are slow to ship.  naniyattennda.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Plaza Japan is showing they are going to be releasing black friday coupon code soon.

However, I will warn their inventory system is crap (often times not accurate) and they are slow to ship.  naniyattennda.. 

Agreed on their inventory system. :(

I've never had an issue with their inventory.  If it's shown as in stock, and I placed an order, I always received everything as ordered.  They can take up to 10 days to ship but I think this is because stock has to be gathered together from numerous locations.

Same here, if it shows in stock then they have it and delivery, for me anyway, has always been as expected.

Purchased far too much from them over the years :) 

10% off site wide at the moment - Black Friday,  code BF10