Jonathon Gillham

Thudershot steering bushings 19804526

Does anyone have any of these lying around?  They are the steering post/bushing from the Thudershot series.  We've managed to lose one and no one has them in stock, except Tamico and they want 55 euro shipping!

Sounds like a perfect excuse to throw a kit in the order to me @Jonathon Gillham 😉

That set price shipping is a pest for small item isn’t it.

I might be making an order in the New Year sometime and I could add it and send it on if you’re not in a hurry for it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Sounds like a perfect excuse to throw a kit in the order to me @Jonathon Gillham 😉

That set price shipping is a pest for small item isn’t it.

I might be making an order in the New Year sometime and I could add it and send it on if you’re not in a hurry for it.

Haha, I've been looking at all sorts of orders with Super Sabres and Boomerangs but nothing works out at the moment.  Shipping seems to be a killer on anything that isn't a small bag of parts.  RCMart are good right now, 3 sets of arms and shipping was about $6 but they don't have this in stock, and actually don't even have it as a part if you search for it.

TTP have a listing but not in stock right now so that may be the best bet.  Otherwise I may need to call on a favour from a friendly member to see what can be done!  Let me know when you do make an order as that could be my best option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I've been looking at all sorts of orders with Super Sabres and Boomerangs but nothing works out at the moment.  Shipping seems to be a killer on anything that isn't a small bag of parts.  RCMart are good right now,

Probably worth keeping an eye on Tamico on the run up to Christmas as I think they did a daily offer instead of weekly last year, a 12 days of Christmas or something like that.

(Just as a matter of interest RC Jaz shipping was very reasonable for the last order I made as well)

Just another thought, maybe a search for the metal part bag? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Probably worth keeping an eye on Tamico on the run up to Christmas as I think they did a daily offer instead of weekly last year, a 12 days of Christmas or something like that.

(Just as a matter of interest RC Jaz shipping was very reasonable for the last order I made as well)

Just another thought, maybe a search for the metal part bag? 

That could be interesting, if the right kit comes up...TA08R...

You raise a good point about the parts bag. Its a generic part that is bound to be used on a lot of things. The whole parts bag will be expensive, but if I could work out what else uses it then it may work. It could be used as a shock standoff or post as well, so its bound to be available in other parts. Any idea how to find a list like that?

6 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Happy to help if theres UK stock that you would like posted onto you. 

Thank you for the offer, that may be the best route yet. UK shops tend to have decent shipping options, I'm yet to find stock though!

• Like 1

These are the same part as the damper mount and I'm pretty sure I've got a few left over from my Terra Scorcher build as I switched over to VQS Hi-Caps and their top damper mount is different.

Let me check in my garage in a bit and if I have one I'll send it out to you.  I need to go to the post office tomorrow anyway  :)

Can you give me exact dimensions? Diameters, heights. I have some in my parts bin but don't know if these are exactly the same. If they are I can send you some.

I see Twinfan beat me to it :D

Edited by Tamiyastef
not done yet
  • Like 2

:D

I've just got to get something done for work then I'll pop to my garage, so I should be able to confirm in about an hour or so.  I'm 99.9% sure I have one that @Jonathon Gillham can have...

Wow thanks @Twinfan and @Tamiyastef, this is brilliant. Its almost 10pm here but I have one I can take out and measure tomorrow if you want me to confirm the measurements.

Obviously I'm happy to cover the cost of postage and a pint for your trouble!

No need to do any of that matey, happy to help out.  I'll give you an update shortly then all I'll need is your address :D

29 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Phenomenal stuff TC!

Now does anyone have the winning lottery numbers? 😂

Ask me again next week 😉

• Haha 3