Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

What decals should i do next

Thinking I might do another sheet of decals. Maybe.

What would

a) be popular

:) be cost effiecent to produce (ie it no use me make them at £20.00 if you can buy originals on ebay for £15.00)

If I can get 15 requests for the same item I'd give them ago.

It would help if you just posted the model name below.

Chris

What about Jeep Wrangler as you may just get two sets onto an A4 sheet hence 1/2 the price (maybe) [8D]

I would have to say frog or superchamp. I think Avante's would sell well.

quote:Originally posted by Shodog

I would have to say frog or superchamp. I think Avante's would sell well.

id="quote">id="quote">

Im holding out for the Avante

I too would like to see Tamiya Club ones, perhaps with some of the standard Tamiya sponsors on the same sheet so you can create your own look for that runner shell.

Super Champ would be cool ! [8D]

Also Frog decals, because Frog repro bodies are easy available through "kamtec" but original decals are priced very high.[8)]

logo_member2.gif

Porsche GT2 (TAISAN or PIAA) decals just for making a road-going version would be great. It would be a neat and small package just with the headlights, rear lights, door handles and window frames and more minor stuff. You can still get the GT2 bodies from Tower or the bay but the decals and wing/mirror parts are hard to come by. If you catch an original decal set on Ebay, it's likely to be way above the 20GBP limit.

In any case your new decal sheet should include one or two tamiya club logos (plates?).

Whatever 'car' you go with, I reckon a few sheets of slap-on sponsor decals too - I had to buy bucket loads to decorate the last few models;

img169_28062004121034_2.jpg

img169_27012005211046_3.jpg

img169_25062004141229_4.jpg

img169_08012005160450_3.jpg

img169_09042004194912_1.jpg

For me it would definatly be the Frog, I have bought a couple of repo sets and both were very poor quality. Not up to your excellant decals.

Last decal set i was watching on the bay went for $90 crazy !!

Also it would be nice to have the sponser decals for the Hornet as per original.

Popular vote would be Super Champ even though I no longer have one [V] But I'm also going to mention Taisan Porsche just because I need some [;)]

I'm with Andy (Twinset), some realistic sponsorship decals in varying sizes. Also how's about some realistic Police derivations eg CHP, Sherrifs Dept....you know something better than the generic cr@p available from Parma.

Also why not pick a model by popular vote and have a design competition. There's a chap called Lee at Cabotsigns used to design alternative decal jobs for the Clod Buster.....Unfortunately I've lost touch with the guy...is he a member here? They were excellent and gave the Clod a totally different look. No reason why you can't do something similar for another of Tamiya's popular offering.

im with the guys on the sponser ship ones, a sheet of these would sell well

BUT also what about monster beetle, the original ones are selling over £20 now on ebay and not many around