Jump to content
donfilippo

RC in the snow

Recommended Posts

Hello, winter has finally arrived and it is snowing heavily. Neither the Wild One nor the Lunchbox do drive well in the snowy garden. So I wonder what car would be fun to drive in such conditions? Probably a 4WD vehicle with big wheels and sufficient ride height? One of the Monstertrucks?

IMG_20231204_141918376~2.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve found my MB does okay in like less than 2” of snow. I have cut a shallow track with my snow blower on the lawn for the Tamiyas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donfilippo said:

Was thinking about a Monster beetle...

Those are RWD, no?   You probably want 4WD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clod Buster was practically made for snow. Big balloony tires, tub chassis to keep most of the wetness out. It's a blast.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't this one be top dog?  (I don't own one)

Item# 58690-A

Landfreeder Quadtrack
Tt-02Ft

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It very rarely snows here in the South West, but when it does, the Clod Buster rules the slush.  As mentioned above, the super-wide tyres ride over the snow instead of sinking into it, 4wd gives plenty of traction and the tub keeps the fragile stuff dry.

The G6-01 is a hoot in any conditions, although if the snow is soft and deep, it sinks quicker than a Clod.  The MST MTX-1 has had an outing in snow too, I believe, and it was good.

I've got a Landfreeder Quadtrack to build this winter, I've no idea how well it will drive in snow.  TBH our snow is usually slush and goes in a day, unless we get just the right conditions for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does "iced mud" count? Or mudded ice? :blink:

Can't wait to test the Jugg 2 in the snow. If there's snow, one day :/

Please skip the first 16 seconds, it's not ice nor snow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Clod Buster was practically made for snow. Big balloony tires, tub chassis to keep most of the wetness out. It's a blast.

With an 860 /880 esc and 3s!! 👍

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Those are RWD, no?   You probably want 4WD. 

Yeah, you're right. I need another reason to buy one!:)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ADRay1000 said:

I’ve found my MB does okay in like less than 2” of snow. I have cut a shallow track with my snow blower on the lawn for the Tamiyas. 

Great idea to prep the garden a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DTSCB said:

Wouldn't this one be top dog?  (I don't own one)

Item# 58690-A

Landfreeder Quadtrack
Tt-02Ft

I am hoping to get my project done by the time this year's snow arrives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As nice as snow looks sometimes (out of a window with a cup of tea or coffee in hand) when snow appears all I want to do is hibernate! bears have the right idea!;) My rc cars never see snow and I wish I could do the same! Basically I don’t get on with snow in fact it should be banned! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, moffman said:

As nice as snow looks sometimes (out of a window with a cup of tea or coffee in hand) when snow appears all I want to do is hibernate! bears have the right idea!;) My rc cars never see snow and I wish I could do the same! Basically I don’t get on with snow in fact it should be banned! 

Good point! :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really intrigued by the Clod Buster now.

Those 4WD rallye cars are cool as well, but for my bumpy garden a Monster Truck would probably make more sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ORV in the Snow (terrible, even with 2.2 Blackfoot wheels...)

Too bad, a real 2CV does good on snowy roads :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2023 at 10:08 AM, donfilippo said:

I am really intrigued by the Clod Buster now.

Those 4WD rallye cars are cool as well, but for my bumpy garden a Monster Truck would probably make more sense. 

Some say that the Clodbuster is so powerful that when you push the throttle, it doesn't travel forwards, it actually pushes the world backwards, all we know is that it's called the Clodbuster.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...