Jump to content
skom25

Lancia Delta Integrale Pre Cut Stickers

Recommended Posts

If you use the "soapy water" technique precut decals are ace IMO (except when they are precut with lots of excess clear vinyl around the edges and that's not up to your personal standards or really bothers you every time you look at your finished RC car body later)

I like to use the technique where you cut away part of the backing from the decal which means you have to cut out the decal anyway so not much of an advantage with precut decals...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Why not? I thought it would be the best innovation since pitted olives.

Both times I have used them (Focus WRC03 and Suzuki SX4), some are too small, like they have shrunk a little. Maybe its because they are older decals and some shrinkage is to be expected ?

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact you don't have to cut them out, when you have 100+ to do it can take an age.

Not a big fan of pitted olives either :D....  now sliced bread, that's a different league!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, skom25 said:

Serious Hobby is not related to personal skills.

 

  "Skills" can be developed. Unless one is too lazy to learn it. So serious hobby and personal skill can go together and there is a relation.

3 hours ago, skom25 said:

I do not understand, why I should choose harder way to achieve the same goal, because something is "serious".

Obviously, the result can be better (most of the time) when the decals or stickers are properly cut close to its graphics than leaving borders as what majority of pre-cut stickers come with. Cleaner/neater and will look better (that's obvious again).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if I do not want to gain that skills, but want to have nice body?

Tamiya is probably one of the last brands which do not offer Pre Cut stickers. Even sheets with random stickers to tune car, which cost around 5 Euros are Pre Cut.

It does not have any relation to being serious or not. It is just another example that Tamiya is "lazy" and for some reason, people still accept this and even try to defend.

Sorry, but telling that Pre Cut stickers are used by lazy people who do not want to gain skills, is like telling that people who do not ride bike on highest HR Zone are lazy, because they can ride much faster. Not all people want to do this or see reason to do this.

You can always trim Pre Cut stickers if you want. You do not have that choice, if stickers are not cut at all.

BTW: Wheel arches in Lancia Delta body are Pre Cut. Is this sign that body should not be used by "serious" RC users?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, skom25 said:

What if I do not want to gain that skills, but want to have nice body?

Tamiya is probably one of the last brands which do not offer Pre Cut stickers. Even sheets with random stickers to tune car, which cost around 5 Euros are Pre Cut.

It does not have any relation to being serious or not. It is just another example that Tamiya is "lazy" and for some reason, people still accept this and even try to defend.

Sorry, but telling that Pre Cut stickers are used by lazy people who do not want to gain skills, is like telling that people who do not ride bike on highest HR Zone are lazy, because they can ride much faster. Not all people want to do this or see reason to do this.

You can always trim Pre Cut stickers if you want. You do not have that choice, if stickers are not cut at all.

BTW: Wheel arches in Lancia Delta body are Pre Cut. Is this sign that body should not be used by "serious" RC users?

I never mentioned that pre-cut stickers are for lazy people. You assumed that. My point was some people wish (and even complain) that RC kits should have precut stickers included in the kit. While some "serious" hobbyists like myself can work on both and doesn't really bother me whichever comes with the kit because I will always trim them anyway. What I don't understand is why are you so affected with the word "serious"?  You have derailed the topic already and just rant because you didn't like what you read? Oh did it hurt your feelings so much that it affected your entire hobby life? Come on, move on man. I did not, in any way, attack anybody here. If you or some may have found that insulting, well that wasn't my intention. My intention was to let people know that manual cutting of stickers can be as fun as building the kits. Skills can be developed. That was the point. Now if you still don't get that, then you it's your problem.

Oh and not all Lancia Delta bodies by Tamiya came with precut arches. Because I have two. One that came with the XV-01 and another one I bought. Both didn't come with precut wheel arches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, it is probably language barrier ( I am not native speaker). I understood your Posts bit wrong. Sorry for that.

I do not have problem with stock stickers at all. I even prepared my own for both buggies. However, stickers for Lancia seem to be quite complicated and if I have choice, I prefer Pre Cut version.

About telling truth in Posts: I really prefer to read one honest Post, than ten with kind words to not offend anyone.

Once again, sorry. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cut out these 'flames' (?) 'lightening bolts' (?) individually with zero excess so if there is a precut without the clear excess that would be a huge benefit.  Delta, imho, was a walk in the park compared to these decals.  It was more about applying them onto the car without wrinkles or over stretching that was the more challenging part.. but it's all do-able.  I can do it, anyone can do it.  I am a lazy and pretty clumsy guy.. 👍  

IMG_2022-5-18-181250.thumb.jpg.b0b5e2ff2f292f893b33349baa7456bf.jpg

 

I also cut these leaves (styrene) individually and painted them after gluing them.. so the end result can be rewarding when more effort is put into their models as @Nicadraus mentioned above.   Honestly miniature crafters do this all the time so while for me it's a huge pain in the butt, they would probably just do it like nothing and make like 50 of them before taking a quick break.. :wacko: :blink:

IMG_2023-11-27-194347.jpg.04b0cb0301b9e8b40b0cb1528817365d.jpg

IMG_2023-1-5-152611.jpg.e21e21582fb068ba69167b0990e673d1.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, skom25 said:

Sorry, it is probably language barrier ( I am not native speaker). I understood your Posts bit wrong. Sorry for that.

I do not have problem with stock stickers at all. I even prepared my own for both buggies. However, stickers for Lancia seem to be quite complicated and if I have choice, I prefer Pre Cut version.

About telling truth in Posts: I really prefer to read one honest Post, than ten with kind words to not offend anyone.

Once again, sorry. 

No worries man. Let's move on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2023 at 5:39 AM, Tamiyabigstuff said:

#9495781 is listed for kit 58569 which is the XV-01 kit - not sure if this has a factory finished body or not.

I have a NIB 58569 kit and the decals are NOT pre-cut. Just FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Lancia XV01 kit stickers were not pre-cut. The bodyset I bought separately were pre-cut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

My Lancia XV01 kit stickers were not pre-cut. The bodyset I bought separately were pre-cut

You inspired me to compare, since I've got both an unbuilt XV-01 and a bodyset.

20231206_204026

And I was surprised with what I found. Not only is the separate body set (top) pre cut, but it's a different sticker set entirely. Eg, on the precut set the drivers' names are not separate stickers to be applied over the red, they are printed in the red, same with the Martini logo and stripes on the roof. Also the separation between stickers on the pre cut is defined by red vs blue, whereas on the kit set it's in sections regardless of colour. Which is better in that regard I've no idea. And the black window trim is in one on the precut vs many sections on the kit one. I suspect it might be a little harder to get the bigger precut stickers really nicely into contours, but if you do you'll end up with fewer edges that might lift. As you can see, on the precut the cuts on all the stripes and such are within the colour, not adding a transparent border, so I guess they should not need any further trimming.

I also note Michelin a sponsor on the precut and not the kit. I guess they lost that deal, but still seems a lot of work to remake the whole sticker set in this way, when they already had one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, svenb said:

@BuggyDad I have some Michelin stickers if you want any!?

Very kind, but it's cool, I'm not after any. My intention is to use the precut set (most likely) for my absolute best effort box art Martini stripes rally one, and on my other shell I plan to use minimal stickers for an on road version with only a little Martini nod. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

You inspired me to compare, since I've got both an unbuilt XV-01 and a bodyset.

20231206_204026

And I was surprised with what I found. Not only is the separate body set (top) pre cut, but it's a different sticker set entirely. Eg, on the precut set the drivers' names are not separate stickers to be applied over the red, they are printed in the red, same with the Martini logo and stripes on the roof. Also the separation between stickers on the pre cut is defined by red vs blue, whereas on the kit set it's in sections regardless of colour. Which is better in that regard I've no idea. And the black window trim is in one on the precut vs many sections on the kit one. I suspect it might be a little harder to get the bigger precut stickers really nicely into contours, but if you do you'll end up with fewer edges that might lift. As you can see, on the precut the cuts on all the stripes and such are within the colour, not adding a transparent border, so I guess they should not need any further trimming.

I also note Michelin a sponsor on the precut and not the kit. I guess they lost that deal, but still seems a lot of work to remake the whole sticker set in this way, when they already had one. 

Can I ask you for catalogue # of Pre Cut version? Are you sure that they will fit XV-01 body?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20210922_165019.thumb.jpg.50bcf144260ab36934e97a3901cb60c5.jpgIMG_20210922_165037.thumb.jpg.d29442c747d2af47a7bce5e154f606bc.jpgIMG_20210922_165052.thumb.jpg.c8f08ac08cb0d953875be0d6f8d9f07d.jpgMy gtr r35 super gt had precut decals. Its very convenient and has nice rounded edges. but for a perfectionist sometimes the transparent area is a little big. So i understand both sides. But prefer pre cut especially for small round things.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, skom25 said:

Can I ask you for catalogue # of Pre Cut version? Are you sure that they will fit XV-01 body?

On the sticker sheet it says 58342. Googling that and you can get the precut sticker sheet:

https://landlmodels.co.uk/products/tamiya-58342-lancia-delta-hf-df03ra-9805995-19805995-decals-stickers

The body set is this one:

2023-12-07_08-51-42

 

It looks like the same shell to me, just without the body holes pre drilled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2023 at 1:11 AM, Nicadraus said:

^^^This. Same method here.

I don't understand why some people refuse to do it in a proper way. RC is a serious hobby and cutting the stickers and applying them is part of fun and I believe anybody who's in this hobby should learn and not be lazy about it. Not just building the kits but making beautiful, presentable bodies as well. Once finished, the feeling of achievement and satisfaction is actually addicting. 

Not disagreeing at all but thats a very outdated view IMO. Its not how the world works now, hence the popularity of RTRs. Tamiya madly need to evolve and get with times, because once us old fogies die off there’s not gonna be many people interested in buying a Tamiya. Theyre already over priced and under equipped compared to the competition, and our nostalgic, perhaps outdated view of Tamiya is what keeps them going……

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, Nicadraus said:

I never mentioned that pre-cut stickers are for lazy people. You assumed that.

Errrm how exactly was this meant to be ‘assumed’ then?

’I believe anybody who's in this hobby should learn and not be lazy about it’

You’re the one who seems to be getting upset in this thread, not @skom25?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

us old fogies die off 

No need to die off, old "fogies" can have shaking hands (even younger ones can) because of various health issues and will be unable to cut the stickers well. Develope skills? 🤣 More like them un-developing skills. Perhaps they should just quit the hobby because they are not "serious" enough while waiting to die off.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my stash is a factory finished Delta body with the pre cut stickers(?). Strangely the body has no holes for the body posts while the Monte Carlo rally plate had a cut out for a body post. There are more differences between the two sticker versions. For example look at the front grille. 

The M chassis Delta with a scaled down sheet was a nightmare to do but in the end I was happy with the result.

IMG20220417161207.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, No Slack said:

In my stash is a factory finished Delta body with the pre cut stickers(?). Strangely the body has no holes for the body posts while the Monte Carlo rally plate had a cut out for a body post. There are more differences between the two sticker versions. For example look at the front grille. 

The M chassis Delta with a scaled down sheet was a nightmare to do but in the end I was happy with the result.

IMG20220417161207.jpg

I am just afraid, that there are small differences between bodies and Pre Cut stickers will not fit. I am not afraid about sponsors stickers, but more about e.g. windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, skom25 said:

I am just afraid, that there are small differences between bodies and Pre Cut stickers will not fit. I am not afraid about sponsors stickers, but more about e.g. windows.

Either set will fit fine, me and a mate built 2 at the same time, he used pre cut, i used non pre cut, they fit exactly the same

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew that I saw it somewhere!

BTW, great builds. Really inspired me to buy XV-01.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, No Slack said:

In my stash is a factory finished Delta body with the pre cut stickers(?). Strangely the body has no holes for the body posts while the Monte Carlo rally plate had a cut out for a body post. There are more differences between the two sticker versions. For example look at the front grille. 

The M chassis Delta with a scaled down sheet was a nightmare to do but in the end I was happy with the result.

IMG20220417161207.jpg

M chassis Delta? Lovely! If I didn't have a Fiat body incoming.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...