Sign in to follow this  
Rich h

56004 tiger tank

Hi  I’ve just purchased a 56004 tiger tank for restoration I need 2 replacement treads for the tracks does anybody have any or know of a replacement 🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rich h said:

Hi  I’ve just purchased a 56004 tiger tank for restoration I need 2 replacement treads for the tracks does anybody have any or know of a replacement 🤞

I highly recommend replacing the tracks with the newer version, the old ones can be extremely brittle. The 56004 tracks and spare track links are long discontinued. I have the same model, I put the newer King Tiger tracks on it and haven't had any issues. Tamiya USA has the pair of tracks as well as a spare links pack, here..... Tamiya 56018 Tracks

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 5:03 PM, Rich h said:

Great I did wonder if they would fit  

They sure do, I can really see a difference between them, I think it's just the material perhaps.

• Like 1

The newer ones aren’t much better sadly and will break.

Better off buying some metal ones, a new idler support system and bearing support for the sprocket.

• Like 1

Interestingly my King Tiger which I bought 30 something years ago , and which I spent hours making up the tracks on from seperate links and pins is still running those original tracks. And it's had lots of use over the years on all sorts of surfaces with no issues to date.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2023 at 12:32 PM, Nick G said:

Interestingly my King Tiger which I bought 30 something years ago , and which I spent hours making up the tracks on from seperate links and pins is still running those original tracks. And it's had lots of use over the years on all sorts of surfaces with no issues to date.

I've only broken one Tamiya KT track as well, and that was in snow.  They do break I'm sure, but would rather have a track break than to damage a gearbox which is impossible to find these days. 

• Like 1