gizard

FPV Kit

I am trying to find a basic - all in one kit for strapping to a car or boat - mainly for my son to play with - all the websites I find seem to require you to buy and combine lots of bits. It would be nice to be able to have a plug and play system that can out put to a Smart phone - or maybe a VR headset also happy to consider a screen specifically for the purpose - does such a system exist?

Dumbo rc do a plug and play kit.

Comes with a screen, with built in receiver and a tiny camera with built in transmitter.

You just plug the camera into your car receiver and turn the screen on and it's ready to go.

I've only just got one myself, I'll try and get some pictures of it.

nkyWPRb.jpeg

I added the blue foam for protection as the transmitter became top heavy with the screen on. 

I've just got goggles that the screen will fit inside if I cut some holes for the aerials.3dj6TcL.jpeg

Only just ventured into fpv but I believe you could buy a camera with tx built in and an android receiver that plugs into a phone to convert a phone to fpv screen. 

Not much difference in price, but at least the Dumbo RC kit is extremely easy to set up and use. Really is just plug and play.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334359931188?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=LS1zRohWT--&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=AmMhQ-pWTKq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The ones that link directly to your phone use bluetooth, and are limited range, although I don't know how limited bluetooth range is. This summer I tried a really cheap all-in-one camera/transmitter and a receiver that plugs into an Android device with micro usb.  It was... functional. :lol:  The refresh rate and resolution wasn't quite enough to use at full speed with a stock 540.  For crawling, or in an open area it can work but trying to follow a track or go around obstacles would be difficult.  I plugged the receiver into a 7" android 'go' tablet I have.  The 'go' part limited some of the software available to convert the signal into a video feed, but there are several free bits of software for that, just gotta find one that works with you system.  I wired the camera power to plug into into my receiver, and occasionally, especially at a standstill, the steering servo could pull enough power to turn off the camera.  The receiver/esc didn't supply enough power.  Once the car was underway though it seemed fine. The bits I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XB2ZRBP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074T6X1WM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmm thanks all think I need to do some more investigation - I have looked at Runcams before 

Have you checked out any of the model aircraft fpv sites?They have been doing it for years.