no1trancefan

Tamiya rubber cement substitute

Did a search but didnt seem conclusive

Tamiya Rubber Cement can i use epoxy glue for this? Rather than the tamiya cement which i have as well. Saw some have used silicone sealant also.

Just bought a top force evo and grasshopper 2 black edition to add with my clodbuster

I use Shoe Goo in place of rubber cement. Gorilla makes one called Clear Grip, And there is another called Clear 3000. All found at my local hardware store. They seem to be the same formula, goes on clear, dries semi hard, but can be removed.

• Like 1

Look for Fevibond synthetic rubber based adhesive.

Commonly used by shoe repair shops or you can get it from ebay.

I've seen this topic come up many many times of the past decades at this point. I've seen dozens of suggested substitutions. When I hear "rubber cement" I think of the stuff we used in elementary school:

Elmer's 4oz Rubber Cement Adhesive With Brush Applicator : Target

Would this work or am I missing something? Plus, when you're done, if you "paint" a table top with it, let it dry, you can then roll it into a ball to throw around the classroom.

• Haha 1

That's exactly the kind of stuff you need.  A mild adhesive, easily removed/peeled off.

In the car it's just something to hold the parts together and remove slop, thus reducing wear.

• Like 1