Sign in to follow this  
CoolHands

Kyosho Optima Mid 2022

Bought when rereleased March 2022. Made it over recent months and finished today. Fitting the electrics is pretty difficult due to lack of space under the vody

ifr1vWAl.jpg

4H0Gp8tl.jpg

jUUpR01l.jpg

bftKV7Ml.jpg

ZiiiVt6l.jpg

DXg5DfXl.jpg

Electrics fitting then all built up, once I soldered wires to right length. I put the ESC switch and capacitors on top rail:

ZNWldSRl.jpg

QKEiQNNl.jpg

JVBlBowl.jpg

I cut the body and before painting it used it to help me get my electrics aligned and cables routed. It is very hard to do as not enough space really:

jJbJyXSl.jpg

Sprayed it tamiya PS-6 yellow. Seems pretty ideal and matches with sticker yellow:

HwTq2zZm.jpg

After much stickering, I was done! I fitted some Marwan repro tyres with small Kyosho wheels for the pics:

FX7jnpOl.jpg

Tlh3d8kl.jpg

HMz6MtEl.jpg

q7E67X0l.jpg

And here’s some JC Racing wheels with Ballistic pin tyres I will use for running on grass:

GsLevbtl.jpg

An enjoyable build and I will enjoy running it

• Like 9

Very nice build! Thank you for the share!

1 hour ago, CoolHands said:

FX7jnpOl.jpg

Tlh3d8kl.jpg

Love it with those wheels! 

You can get the motor wires under the battery if you want them less visible, although it's a tight squeeze. 

Yeah unfortunately I couldn’t get them through those little bracket things as the limit seems to be 14 gauge wire and I think this esc is 12 gauge. Try as I might I couldn’t get all 3 through.

9 hours ago, CoolHands said:

Yeah unfortunately I couldn’t get them through those little bracket things as the limit seems to be 14 gauge wire and I think this esc is 12 gauge. Try as I might I couldn’t get all 3 through.

I do remember it being a bit difficult now, come to think of it. It's a while ago so I don't remember how, but I got the wires of my 10BL120 through. Looks like you have the same ESC? I have a feeling I had to squeeze them through one by one before any soldering, and I only used one of two brackets. You could maybe drill out the bracket?