Sign in to follow this  
markbt73

All packed up except for one

Well, it's time to start packing up the house. The moving truck comes at the end of May, but we'll be making a couple of trips east before then transporting some stuff. And I have to take down all the ramshackle shelves in my office and patch the holes to make it look like a bedroom again, for the realtor to take photos.

So all my RC stuff is packed up and ready to go, except for one car that I kept out in case I have some time to mess around between now and then. It took surprisingly less space than I imagined. That's 50 cars, and a whole bunch of spare parts and tools.

20240321_142658.jpeg

So what made the cut? This scruffy bitsa Hornet, built from leftovers from that huge lot I bought in January. I stuck the body from my Spiral Jump attepmt on it. Just your basic RS540/TEU101BK/cheap Chinese radio and servo combo, but it actually runs great.

20240325_101233.jpeg

I have permission and budget to build a garage/workshop at the new place, which I have slowly been designing in my head. It will be half "big" car stuff and half RC stuff. And there's plenty of room in the new yard to build my own private off-road track... really looking forward to it all.

• Like 19

You have given me lots of hope if I have to move in the future and pack up my hobby! That’s an impressive packing job! 

• Like 1

I am not at all hopeful. That does not look like something mere mortals could do.  That's some wizard-level packing skill. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, markbt73 said:

.... That's 50 cars, and a whole bunch of spare parts and tools.

20240321_142658.jpeg

Are some of those 50 cars Matchbox cars by chance?  :) 

50?   Wow....very impressive.

• Haha 1

There are some Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars in there filling in gaps, but no, that's 50 RC models, including a Clod, a Bruiser, and several other monsters. Nearly all have the wheels/tires removed, and most of the cars with big bodies have the bodies removed and nested/stacked together. It's going to be a bit of a mess sorting everything all back out, but that's all right. It'll be fun.

• Like 3

There are some Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars in there filling in gaps, but no, that's 50 RC models, including a Clod, a Bruiser, and several other monsters. Nearly all have the wheels/tires removed, and most of the cars with big bodies have the bodies removed and nested/stacked together. It's going to be a bit of a mess sorting everything all back out, but that's all right. It'll be fun.

Sounds like with your new space, it will be worth the unpacking and sorting out. 

• Like 1

Very impressive. 

Next time my family goes on vacation, would you mind giving some pointers to my wife and daughter on how to pack luggage?  :D

• Haha 1

This was the "box" I used the last time I moved home.

XrgLFWV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2024 at 10:28 AM, markbt73 said:

That's 50 cars, and a whole bunch of spare parts and tools

You managed to pack a lot of cars in a surprisingly compact booking, hats off!

Good luck with the move! 

Looking forward to seeing their new home.