Just wondering if any rumblings have been heard of Associated bringing back a legit RC10 Classic after they brought out that clear semi-display piece earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing that I've seen yet. It should be done though, and should be on their radar. I hope they add a Worlds car and a Dual Sport too. A body of mine had a DS with the 2 speed transmission. I loved that car but slept on getting one myself because it wasn't a "real" touring car like the TA03 and RS4. 

It seems like they have everything ready for doing another re-release. The clear nonsense was probably a test run and since people went bananas for them, I feel they might take a chance and do it again. Last time didn't go so well. Fingers crossed for another go.

• Like 4

I never had an RC10, original, re-re or otherwise. If Associated could release a re re at a low enough price point and with enough spares on the market to build one as a runner, I’d be interested. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

If Associated could release a re re at a low enough price point and with enough spares on the market to build one as a runner, I’d be interested. 

They were about $250 when they re-re'd the first time. Associated also intended them to be driven so they had a full line of spares that Thunder Tiger (parent company) gradually killed over time after production ended. 

Given current trends in the industry, I could see AE re-relasing the RC10 but just as another "limited edition" display piece.

Later Edit: Turns out I was right!

• Sad 1

I would say it's almost certain that there is another run of these cars coming if they took the time and effort to do the CC edition (and started offering the bodies as spares again).  It would make sense for them to space the releases apart thought, and with CC Editions still readily available, why cannibalize the sales on those?

I can’t imagine them going through the trouble to make the molds again and not do a wider release but they proved me wrong on the first run of classics.  If they don’t do a full release, they need to license JConcepts to make the parts and call it a day.  Heck, even a small manufacturer like Yokomo can do this right not quite sure why this is so hard for Associated.

While I agree completely and cannot wait for another true, fully raceable re-release of the RC10 classic, I can't help but worry a bit about companies like Fan RC who have invested heavily in tooling to mold RC10 parts.  If AE offers spares again, it will certainly impact Fan RC's sales.  Makes me want to order a full set from them just to say thanks for remembering us old-timers.

Had my old worn-out short arm car out today.  I love driving that car!!  :D

AP1GczNpVcja7hKcnomY1OELI3wjLT7Fm2ukv0jX

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IXLR8 said:

While I agree completely and cannot wait for another true, fully raceable re-release of the RC10 classic, I can't help but worry a bit about companies like Fan RC who have invested heavily in tooling to mold RC10 parts.  If AE offers spares again, it will certainly impact Fan RC's sales.  Makes me want to order a full set from them just to say thanks for remembering us old-timers.

Had my old worn-out short arm car out today.  I love driving that car!!  :D

AP1GczNpVcja7hKcnomY1OELI3wjLT7Fm2ukv0jX

nice looking one!

I’ve read that at the 30th, they made new molds that were not identical to the original, in order to differentiate between vintage and repro. 

• Thanks 1

I'd buy a rere rc10 in a second, so I can build it and drive it. 

Right now I'm still drooling over my all original, new built, ettinger RC10 that had never been run. 

I need to do a video of it, I've had it for a long while now...  Still tickled I finally have an rc10....my dream since 11 years old 

• Like 1

F-150, I'm with you.  I haven't built a NIB gold pan RC10 in roughly 38 years.

Teasing a future re-release promotes conversations like this which fuels interest from RC hobbyist that missed the boat last time or maybe were unaware or wouldn't otherwise care about an RC10.

With pent-up demand increasing, one thing's for certain.  When the kits are finally released, they are going to fly off shelves. 

Pre-order shenanigans, shipping delays, "out of stock" notices, etc.  We've seen this movie before -- many times actually. 

1 hour ago, IXLR8 said:

Pre-order shenanigans, shipping delays, "out of stock" notices, etc.  We've seen this movie before -- many times actually. 

Ugh, don't remind me, lol :P. May Associated will get it right and make just one less that overall demand requires, lol.

I am curious if it were possible for them to just keep producing it in low numbers years after this initial pent-up demand wears off. Tamiya does it with vehicles like the Lunch Box or Hornet.

Really hoping they do another run with full spares suppprt. I would load up on stealth trans parts and get a new chassis. Barely run my worlds now as parts are getting costly and hard to find.

20170423_142304.jpg.6ae5404526907284d93000aa4b70dcb7.jpg

• Like 3

yup, I don’t want a reRC10, I want the RC10CE I built at 12 in 1991. 

I’ve been eyeballing something used that I can fix up, put a new body on and drive. 

Need to finish the 1:1 before any new rc projects 

Said this before, It’s a Graphite that I want for my collection

I have a CE, a B2, a B3, a B4, a T3, and now a B6.4 and a T6.4.

I wish I grabbed a Worlds re-re, but at the time my CE was missing parts and quality was pretty 1980s compared to modern kits, so I put it back in the box and only recently dug it out again as FanRC was producing parts for it again. 

• Like 1

I preordered! I wonder if you can get them anywhere else?

I know everyone is all abuzz about this news, but $380 charged to your credit card right up front when the last one was $250...wow I don't know. I had hopes of getting maybe even a couple (limit one now) to run and enjoy if they stayed at or below $300 (some increase is sure to be expected). $380 is just too much to swing for something like that, especially since its NIB value will probably double in a couple years. I was thinking of a guilt-free runner with fresh parts to re-live the glory days but this is a "special" limited edition piece more for the mantle (more power to those who do buy one and run the snot out of it). Sorry to sound like a downer but I'm glad I kept my Ultima which will now dutifully see dirt :).

• Like 1

Wow, another limited edition, yippee...

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

I know everyone is all abuzz about this news, but $380 charged to your credit card right up front when the last one was $250...wow I don't know.

$380 Seems in line with Team Thunder Tigers 1/10 range, most of their crawlers and bashers start at $300 and go up from there. But, most of their stuff does make me go "That's too much!", especially their brushed on-road cars that use bushings.

• Like 1

Yeah. Pass. I have the previous RC10 re-release. What am I getting that's different? Laser etching and a cardboard stand? Maybe if it were $100 less, I'd order a couple.

• Like 1