TomGee

TT02B Bodyshells - Plasma Edge 2?

Hi all, 

I have just bought my third TT02B - one Neo Scorcher and one Plasma Edge 2 for each of my boys, and a TT02BR kit for myself (I might add some hop up parts to my boys' cars if they show enough interest but at 7 and 10, I am not yet sure they will stick with the hobby long enough for me to spend the money on any shiny blue bits...or a better kit in the future!).

Having built the cars for the kids, I have decided I much prefer the Plasma Edge 2 shell and would like to put one of these on my car instead of the Neo Scorcher body the BR comes with (I may mix and match as I prefer the NS wing). The problem, however, is that I can only find pre-painted shells for the PE2 and I would prefer to paint my own. Does anyone know if unpainted PE2 shells are available and where I might find one if so?

Cheers in advance.  

The part number for the unpainted body is 1825880.   Hmmm... yeah seems to be out of stock most everywhere.  Do'h

1825294 is the part number for the Plasma Edge (original) and Gravel Hound,  which as far as I can tell is the same body.  It is also out of stock many places...

Thanks. Is there a full part number ‘directory’ anywhere as I didn’t have much luck googling?

tamiyabase.com is about as close as you can come to a full Tamiya part database. The database stuff is lower left on the main page.

Ive got an unpainted Plasma Edge 2 shell, with decals still on the sheet, im not using as the chassi is in my Desert Scorcher.

IMG_20220806_212751.thumb.jpg.d1449b37a7e151b44183ceef69988972.jpg

Where would you like me to send the PE2 shell? Im in Sweden.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 7:40 PM, Ziddan said:

Ive got an unpainted Plasma Edge 2 shell, with decals still on the sheet, im not using as the chassi is in my Desert Scorcher.

IMG_20220806_212751.thumb.jpg.d1449b37a7e151b44183ceef69988972.jpg

Where would you like me to send the PE2 shell? Im in Sweden.

That's a lovely looking bug! I've sent you a DM re: the PE2 shell...