Sign in to follow this  
MiniManiac

Tamiya on TV

Just thought id share with u, that being a lazy student, i was watchin [:I]childrens bbc[:I] and there was one of those game shows on. The object was to stick stickers (which were tamiya badge) onto as many rc cars as possible. The cars them selves were tamiya also, although i think they were stock. I just thought it was nice to see something rc related on the box, but even more so that it was tamiya.

anybody else seen tamiya rc stuff on tv??

minimaniac

Theres a program on Men & Motors (UK) that goes out around 6-7pm on sundays (I think - can't remember its name[:I]) showing some kind of nitro stadium truck racing - not tamiya but some of the tracks are very impressive

yer i saw the men and motors programme, Rem Con Raiders was what it was called i think. also i have seen some tamiyas on the sky channel Motors TV (channel 416 i think)

lewis

Not on TV but in the Tom Cruise movie Minority Report, they used a Tamiya Mammoth Dump Truck to transport money in air condition duct. The scene showed a girl selling some top secret computer file and she used a Mammoth Dump Truck to transport a computer disk from one hotel room to the next via A/C duct. The buyer paid her by filling up the truck bed with $$$ and she remote controlled the truck back to her room's A/C vent openning. Of course there was a small CCTV camera mounted on the truck so she can see where it was going.

The 'Model Club' program will be starting up again in the second half of June on MotorsTV (I mailed them to check - how sad [:I]). This show is sponsored by Tamiya and in the last one I saw, they featured the new F1's and Enzo, as well as a new nitro. There was also a very cool segment featuring a French E-Maxx competition - barking [:D]

Check the schedules at:

http://www.motorstv.com/index3.php3?inc=ht...com/grille.php3

(MotorsTV is on Sky 416)

This was years and years ago in the mid eighties. There was an horrendous series called punky brewster about an orphan girl adopted by a kind old man. In one episode she wins a Tamiya frog and races against the local kids. It was actually an episode with a feminist message. "girls can do anything" But the racing was fun with a frog, hornet, non military fast attack vehicle and a subaru brat.

Hey blimey i rememeber the program withthe girl racing the frog.

On HOME AND LESURE channel they repeat a program where they buila tamiya ford focus and a suburu on a seperate ocasion and take t to a track.

quote:
Originally posted by Jayski

On HOME AND LESURE channel they repeat a program where they buila tamiya ford focus and a suburu on a seperate ocasion and take t to a track.

id="quote">id="quote">

yep ive seen these aswell, always repeating!

On a movie from 1986, called Manhattan Project, kid uses a Subaru Brat to transport some kind of highly toxic chemical. He also tries to out smart a security guard.

Not on tv but in the movie BlueStreak with Martin Lawrence he uses a Midnight Pumpkin chassis with a video camera taped on the top to send it through some heating ducts looking for a lost jewel.

Hi,

I spotted a monster beetle on the shelf behind the presenter of "Worst Cse Scenario" on bravo the other day, and anyone who watches Eastenders would have noticed that Kat gave Alfie a Lancia 037 (painted red) as a present the other day..not that I watch, its my wife..honest

i seen a clodbuster on america's funniest home video's,once it hauled a baby in a stroller.and then one with a camera went in a alligator cage,got its tire bit off[:(][:(][:(] and managed to make it away saftely[:D][:D][:D](just makes me hate alligators[:(!][:(!][:(!])

hey..

anyone seen that add of a kid in his room attached a cammera to his rc(dont kno what it was) lowed it to the ground..drove it to some takeawy place and then drove it back with the food on his rc...

it was a while ago i saw it but it was something like this!!![:D]

There was one of those ghastly shows on Television the other night relating to "the other side" and "physich" powers. This one happend to be on Princess Dianna, (god bless that woman).

Part of the show went to Dodi Alfayed's apartment - he was right into model cars and aircraft - and guess what was on the floor in his office : A Tamiya "Hummer"......it was the best 3 seconds in the entire show!!

Cheers

Darryn

That show that crops up again and again on Home and Leisure (hosted by that annoying Craig Charles wannabe) is called "Model Mania". The one about R/C cars also features Jamie Booth (ex-British 4wd buggy champion when he drove for Tamiya) messing around with an 1/8th buggy and a 1/5th truck.

There's another one called "Remote Madness" where they race cars, then boats, then helicopters - but I've never seen a Tamiya car on the racetrack.

Anyway.

I'm sure there was a storyline in Grange Hill (british school drama) about radio control cars for a little while (all of which were Tamiya), and I remember that a monster truck (Blackfoot?) won one of the races the kids were having in the playground, 'cos I remember being infuriated by it - everyone knows a buggy would handle the corners better, and that big wheels doesn't mean more speed. Typical innacurate TV producers!