Sign in to follow this  
volksrod68

Clumber park review >>>>>>>>

I'll bring all the shells i brought before, they're all still rolling around the boot of the Dolomite anyway.

logo_member2.gif

Don't take life too serious, you'll never make it out alive!

quote:Originally posted by blondiniboy

LOL[:D] Yeah, thats them they're also the "does that run on petrol?" people[;)]

id="quote">id="quote">

LOL, that one has to be my favourite,i always want to say "does it sound like it you **** "[}:)] but just end up saying "no it's electric",[:(]

Not forgetting " can i have a go mr " aswell, hee hee

Best not put in the reply to that one[;)]

have we decided a time?

a reckon about 10.30am, whats everyone else think?

looks like it might be cold at the weekend, and snow!!!

wahey!

just found out the hub carrier is broken on the savage now, but the top blok at the model shopp is gona lend me one off his demo truck cos he has put the savage engine in a rally car, so he cant use the truck until he gets another engine.

Its getting close now, who's going?

logo_member2.gif

If anyone wants to come, be at the cafe outside the main gates of Clumber Park for about 11.30, I'll be in a blue Vauxhall Corsa (blew engine up on Dolomite last week[:(])

Bring whatever you want to, rumour has it there's going to be a hilux there, i'm taking my Terra Crusher and Sand Scorcher and maybe give the RC10 and grasshopper a run too.

After 12.00 we'll be at the BBQ area (through the main gates and about 1/2 mile on the right)

Bring some warm clothes and a flask of coffee!!!!!

logo_member2.gif

sorry to hear about the engine mate.

hilux will be there, might build the blazer up tonight and take that aswell, the hilux might be running ;)

might have a ss running.

savage will be there, had to repair it after some damage that occured without my knowledge!

stripped the main gear, broke the front hub in half, and knocked the rear steering arm off aswell.

its gone go back to 2 wheel steering until i can find a stronger servo and a better way of linking everything up.

cheers

well, im back home and glad with how the day turned out.

weather was good, didnt rain really, few spits but thats was the worst of it.

didnt do too much damage, bent a shock shaft, broke the shell, think blondiniboy broke a front wheel on the wild one.

they can add their review when they come on.

looking forward to some action shots.

will arrange another in a week or so, hope more members can make it this time.

the terrain varies around where we parked, theres some pretty smooth grass, then theres the mud and puddles, then a sand pit thing with some good opportunities to get air-borne.

had the hilux 4x4 running but kept jumping out of gear, maybe it needs adjusting.

seemed a bit slow aswell.

anyway, wait for some action pics and then try and make it the next meeting ;)

cheers

I think its safe to safe a good time was had by all, it was the first time i had the Holiday Buggy runner and the Sporty Scorcher out and i was really impressed with how the hol bug runs although i think i have striped a gear or two but the hol bug was'nt the only casualty as blondiniboy snaped a wheel on his wild one and volksrod bent a shocker shaft on his Savage.

The Scorcher also had problems when i did get it running it was very fast and very responsive i even heard volksrod ask "what motor i had in it", he could not beleive it had a standard 540 motor.

i have just posted some clumber pics so please check them out.

PS lets get another meet sorted quick.

All in all a good day out! Like Joe and Lee said, my only breakage was the front wheel of my Wild One, which to say it hasn't been run for 5 years (brittle plastic) wasn't to bad.

Also ran my newly aquired RC10 (gold tub) and was quite impressed with it.

My Sand Scorcher was running good too (running rings round Lee's Holiday Buggy, and less noise too!)[;)]

Vintage crash of the day had to go Holiday buggy "T-Boning" Sand Scorcher!!!

Be there again soon.

logo_member2.gif

I was this close to making it this week, but last minute dad/husband chores got in the way [:(] Still I did get to blast my terra crusher around the back garden a little in the afternoon, so felt I was there in spirit[;)]

Soniq - if you need HB gears I'm your man, drop me a line.

Cheers

Chris