Sign in to follow this  
mud4fun

TC members in North Lincs?

Hey, does anybody else in the TC club live in North Lincs? or is it just me? be nice to chat to somebody nearby, maybe arrange our own R/C meeting? I'm not far from the humber bridge. Would also be nice to find an off road club locally, all the ones I know of are for touring cars which I find a little boring now....

Well I'm in Lincs, but a bit south of you near to Sleaford.

There used to be an RC off-road club at Holbeach(might be a bit far for you tho!!) not sure if it's still going or not, best person to ask would be the guy who runs Lynx Models in Donnington.

There are loads of clubs for Touring cars as they are the most popular at the moment, lets face it you can even buy a Tamiya TL-01 Subaru deal in Littlewoods catalogue it's a tad expensive tho at £259.99!! but that is for a deal!! (£135 at my local shop!!)

Hiya Guy's

Im in louth lincolnshire.Ive got 2 xc truck's.

We should get something going

Gavver

Hi Gavver, yep, your not far away, about 30 minutes to Louth from here. Let me get my office built and then my outdoor track sorted and we can meet up for a play/race. Cheers, Ian.

There are plenty of us over here in Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire who aren't afraid to travel as well [:D]

Hi Chaps,

I'm in Mansfield Nottingham which isn't that far and i'm always up for a meet.

Lee.

I know my garden is bigger than your average but might be stretching it to hold a big gathering....for a start I can only manage a dozen or so sausages and burgers on the BBQ at once or I end up burning them [;)] mind you I have got one of those american size fridges which is perfect for holding beers......any of you guys got SRB's your willing to run? In a vain attempt to re-create my early teenage years I am building a collection of SRB's and would be perfect to hold a little race meet for them? Difference now of course is that I can afford more than one battery....do you remember when you used to get about 5 minutes run time then you'd have to wait half an hour for the battery to recharge? [:)]

Hi,

Me and a few of the Clan (Volksrod,Blondiniboy,Moosey) all have SRB runners, it would be mint to have another race with them.

If there's not room for all of us then come out with us some time.

Lee.

Cheers Lee, should have a couple of SRB's ready to run by end of the month. You'll have to let me know when and where if your meeting up and I'll see you there!

Is this a good time to mention that I've just got a nice new L200 4LIfe...[;)][:D][8D][:I]

quote:

Is this a good time to mention that I've just got a nice new L200 4LIfe...

id="quote">id="quote">

No its not :)

The closest I'll get to a 200 is the fact that my car has over 200k miles on the clock.... I kid you not. 204 to be precise.

Cheers for the comments on the 'quag-a-jero' mud4fun.

Hey W&G I'm sorry, fact is truck is paid for by car allowance from work, I had the option of a company car (choice of fiesta or 206) or take an allowance and buy my own..... I got the truck for the same amount a month as my company gets a fiesta [:D] and I love it!! pickup bed big enough to carry my entire rc car collection to the beach etc. This is my 4th pickup, had an L200 single cab for last 3 years and two Toyota Hi-Lux before that.

Hi mud, I'm only kidding. I drive bangers through choice - lol.

A mate of mine has the 'Animal' version of an L200 and its quite nice, lots of toys, chequer plated bed etc, she only uses it like a car (What a waste)

I live down near Clacton in Essex, but I spend a fair bit of time up In Cambridge as I hail from there originally. I suppose I should bite the bullet and buy something more reliable, but with a holiday looming and christmas just round the corner I've gotta be careful. Something will turn up I'm sure.

well to be honest mine isn't much used off road as I have the Land Rovers for that. I need the thing for towing a large twin axle trailer plus carting building materials for my house renovation. Would have preferred to stick to the single cab as the bed was bigger but wife and kids mean I had to compromise and plump for double cab. Wife wasn't happy about daughter having to sit in chair strapped in back of bed.....[;)][;)] don't know why, she loves going out in cabriolets!![:D]

Hi I'm in North Lincs, S****horpe to be precise and yeah a meet would be fun. [:D]

LOL, it's not that bad a place W&G, we are only 15 minutes from Scunny and it has a very nice Morrisons, a B&Q, Wickes, MaccyD, BK and Toys-r-us.....what more do you want???? [8D]

Anyway, welcome to the club Pooky, I'll give your blackfoot a race with my scorcher [;)]

One thing about my Blackfoot though, at the moment its sporting a polycarbonate BMW bodyshell made to fit. Blackfoot body is feeling very verrrrry poorly I'm afraid.