Sign in to follow this  
tamiya_mike

TC MEETING IN THE U.S. ???

Allright everyone...I need some feedback...myself along with George(Dephcon5) and Josh(Potential_Esquire) have been in talks to get the ball rolling on a TC meet in the US. It would be great if it was eventually like Snetterton, but you gotta start small, right? If we pull together, I am sure we can get something started![;)] There is no definite location as of yet...but as far as a time probably late spring/early summer perhaps.

So what we need from you is feedback...is anyone else interested in this? The meet would be for those of us in the US who want to go to Snetterton, but can't make it for different reasons....but of course everyone is welcome and urged to attend...it would be great to meet all of our UK buddies![:D]

So, gimme ideas of locations you think would be good, time of year, who could/would attend, etc.

I am sure nothing can top Snett, but we gotta keep up! PLease post any ideas you may have. Thanks!

I say do it next weekend in Phoenix or Tucson AZ. I will be there and that way tamiyamandan will be able to make it also.[8D]

Great idea fella's! GO FOR IT!!!!Only problem you guys have is that you could be thousands of miles apart. Your on a bigger island than us in the UK [;)]

Best of luck!!

Thanks for your input Josh. While I agree that would be great, we were looking for more realistic inputs. Thanks for the encouragement Moosey, you do realize it's open to all TC members which includes you! You coming?

Sure I'll come. Just send me an airline ticket and pass for Hotel! [:I]

I am here in the east. (Washingotn DC area). There are a couple of TC members within an hour drive of here.

Philadelphia area here, would love to help put something together. There would definatly have to be an east coast meeting and a seperate one on the west coast, good luck to everyone in between[8)] .

Its been proposed to have a meeting at the Valley Forge national park. They have a group of r/c plane/heli flyers that officially meet every Wednesday but fly every day its nice out.

Its about an hours drive from washington dc and around 30 minutes depending on traffic from Philadelphia.

If there are any members in Ney York maybe they can throw in some suggestions as I am sure there are quite a few people From NYC/surrounding bouroughs interested.

Hmmm I on the opposite side in Caw-lee-four-knee-uh. The biggest obstacle I see is that the US is too big to organize anything with a good turn out. England is less than a third of the size of Califronia. Driving 250 miles to an event is no big deal. But driving 3000 mile is out of the question.

Jim

I am also in California,

Seems like we need and East and West Coast meet. We must have more US members than this???

If we did something in California it could be done at the Tamiya track down near Irvine? Or my local track is 40 minutes east of Pasadena. revelation raceway, Excellent facility and the owner is open to these sorts of events.

Just me a you shodog, now that is keeping it small,

James.

Hey Chris,

Is there any way we can send a mail out to all the US members to let them know about this thread? Or better still could we put a link on the home page to get there attention. some guys never come back here.

If we are to do something in California I would be willing to help with the organizing of the event.

James.[:D]

I have just looked down the members list and we certainly have a good number of members in California. Even if people just want to come and watch the brave race their cars it could still be a very cool event. Come on guys I know you are out there.

Keep those posts coming,

James.

Sure I would like to go. Just be sure to give us all enough time. Hey for those that can perfect. I also think Arizona is good, but I am open!

I think it is a great idea, but I don't think I will be able to make it this time. We had 2 deaths in the family and a ton of other stuff going on right now. I don't think CA. is an option for me because I live by Chicago and that is way to far to drive I think.

AWSOME Idea. The last time remember seeing these old Tamiyas running together I was in Junior High. It was held at the Hartford Civic center in Connecticut. All the different models from the Hilux to the Hornet were racing. I would be willing to sponser an event at My Local Hobby Shop in CONNECTICUT. FOOD, Refreshments and Lots of Entertainment. There are about 15 of us Tamiya Nuts in my area that I know of. I am SURE there are more.

If anyone in my general area is interested lets get together and lets get something started![^]

Thanks

Anthony

The one and the only place to have this get together is in Sunny Southern California. Perfect weather, plenty of perfect babes, and a plethora of RC enthusiasts !!!

I would be tempted with a california meet. Of course I would have to get off of my butt [|)] and actually get a car running. I imagine with airport security, itwould be tough trying to carry an assembled Jug 2 as carry on luggage [;)]

I just took a peek at all of the video from Snetterton. You lads ran those cars hard [B)]

I think even if you are just going to turn up and check out everyone elses stuff it is worth coming. Just being at Snet' must have been excellent. Plus there is the chance to get a good deal off a fellow fan for a new kit or part.

James

Thanks for the mail Toykid. I am surely up for a meet in California. I know there are several members that live up by me in Northern California. So I guess Northern Cali is an option.

Just my .02

This is a great idea. I visited the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo and it would be a perfect place for such an event but only if enough people are willing to go.

Joe-

What are the chances of a west coast meet being held at TamiyaUSA? Would the ttlocals be up for something like that? I brought my vintage stuff down once and met some real nice people, however if we all show up +the normal crowd it could be a big mess.

I must say WOW everyone...thanks so much for all the responses. I myself am on the East Coast, close to Anthony(AirXtreme), rcgrabbag, etc.. Everyone has brought up some great ideas!

What will probably happen, and I am sure all of our members will agree, is have two seperate meets...one in the East, the other in the West...it could even be on the same day, but does not have to be.

I had an idea that I could possibly bring my laptop, with web cam, and possibly link up with someone at the West Coast event...just an idea though. Not important...there will be many pics I am sure!

We will need volunteers I am sure...anyone wanna take on the West Coast meet? I for one have alot to learn,but I will have all the help I will need I am sure... but we need this to happen.We have to try to agree on a location, then find out how it will work for us. Perhaps some camping nearby or onsite, local pubs(for those who need their Ale before bed [:D]),hotels, power to charge the batteries for our toys, etc.

So, Thank You everyone...George, Josh...who are helping me to organize all of this for us also...and everyone else, a big thanks to you too. I know that many of you don't know me, but I hope to meet many of you soon! If anyone needs to contact me, here is my info:

Mike Lentoski (tamiya_mike)

1722 Treasure Lake

Du Bois, PA 15801

(814)371-8912 (HOME)

(814)525-2723 (CELL)

Anthony, how big is your shop? That is agreat idea, if even just for planning!

I'll go to the one in the states if there is a military base near by. I can fly for free hehe. You guys don't know what you missed not being here. Maybe next time George huh? Get better! The carnage[B)] was awesome and the slowest race of the weekend was the lambo and the porsches[|)] . Go figure. The semi's were faster than they were. I'm sure Tamiya would be proud to sponser a event like this.