Sign in to follow this  
tamiya_mike

TC MEETING IN THE U.S. ???

I'm in!! I live in Rhode Island and can make it to anywhere in the NYC/tri-state area.

So east and west sounds the way to go.

OK so does anyone know anyone at Tamiya here in the US?

I know my local track has one weekend every month set aside for special events, so if Tamiya would be interested in doing the same that would be awsome.

James.

quote:Originally posted by Toykid

So east and west sounds the way to go.

OK so does anyone know anyone at Tamiya here in the US?

I know my local track has one weekend every month set aside for special events, so if Tamiya would be interested in doing the same that would be awsome.

James.

id="quote">id="quote">

One of our members works for tamiya. Joe Anderson - in fact I believe he races txts as well.

Cheers,

I drop him a mail. I think he has alrady posted on this topic.

James

I live in the Los Angeles area so I would be up for a meet anywhere in CA or AZ for that matter. Phoenix, San Francisco, and Las Vegas are only a 6 hour drive away. Of course it could be less depending on how big of a speeding ticket you want. [:D] I wonder where most of the US members are located? I think that would determine where the West coast meet should be.

Toykid,

I would respond to your email if it was available? So for now here it is. The Tamiya Track is open every Sat. weather and holidays permitting. Its free for any Tamiya R/C Vehicle. We have Elec, sink w/water and port-a-toliet.

As far as a offical meet and close the track to the ttlocals? You would have to set it up with Customer Service, as they handle the track. A Tamiya Employee must be present for insurance reasons.

You can e-mail me at janderson@tamiya.com

Joe [;)]

Richie,

You live in Pasadena right? Me too. I am hoping we can get Tamiya to host us here on the west coast, but if not I know that Revelation Raceway would be able to do something for us out in Ontario CA.

James

As this begins to move forward can I ask what people would expect in terms of duration of the event. Should it be a one or two day event? Any input from the UK guys on this matter would be good.

James.

I live in San Jose near Porsch928GTS I would be up to traveling down to the LA area for a meet. I could also help organize if need be

Jim

Hi guys sounds great, I will keep an eye on the thread and when a time is set up. I will have to get around to getting a car of the shelf and some radio gear installed!!! The tamiya track sounds good for me as well:) I am about an hour and a half away from there

Hi

I live in Los Angeles area.

Having one meeting for the west coast and another one for the eastcoast sounds good. Do we need another one in the middle? :)

YES...I am very interested in this meeting/event. I'm a Tamiya freak, and for this, if I can, I would be willing to volunteer myself to help out.

Joe-

I emailed you a while back regarding some vintage races. You suggested just driving with the ttlocals. I had a blast the people were great --infact my B2B made their webpage for the week.

The problem, was the few people that don't drive all the time. My SS runner got sent into a wall because some fool turned his radio on in the pit area. I learned about it because(Brian I think) mentioned it.

I would like to see the ttlocals included in this -- like I said before --a group of real nice guys. The ideal solution would be to switch between regular and Tamiya Club heats. I don't think it would be a good idea to run the vintage cars with the moderns.

I also noticed that ttlocals.com got shutdown and that the yahoo groups are moving to tamiyatrf. Am I still able to get a hold of Mr. Black at his current email addy?

Thanks in advance Joe,

Sean

-TO THE LEFT COASTERS-

I'm able to help but my time is quite limited. Due to buget reasons we didn't hire any rookies and worked has picked up. So my overtime is due to go through the roof. Whatever help you need from me, just give me plenty of advance notice.

Hey everyone...this is really starting to take off...coming together rather nicely! It is good to see all of the responses!

For those of us on the east coast...NY,PA,NJ,WA, etc., lets start hammering out details for a location, and a time of year. I was thinking late spring/early summer. AirXtreme(Anthony) has offered to host something at his hobby shop in Connecticut, also some other ideas are Valley Forge in PA,Central Park in NY, and also another park in Brooklyn, NY. There are no details on these as of yet, just potentials. I am researching areas in and around my area (Du Bois, PA). What state would everyone rather go to in the tri-state area? What does everyone want as far as what is available? Dirt tracks...pavement...maybe just some flat, grassy ground? Please inform...again thanks to all!

Sounds like you've really got something going here - best of luck to you. Don't forget to film everything and take thousands of photos [:)]

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

I also live in the LA area and would be interested in attending a west coast event. The Tamiya location sounds great.

Thanks.

Hi Guys...

Just an idea...how about people in their area meet somehow, just to know who's who as a start, for example: people in LA area, meet somewhere, just to introduce themself, and same thing with people in area A, area B, and so on.

Possibly they will be a bashing friend (for a start) since they live close to each other. I think this would help because to organize such a big event maybe we can start from something small like this.

Again...just an idea for now.

I'm in for the east coast... I'll show, would rather have something in MD, PA, VA, somewhere in one of those states would be best for me.

Allright everyone...here's the latest...we are in talks with AirXtreme(Anthony)to hold/host our 1st Annual U.S. Tamiya Club meet at SpeedZone Hobbies on Route 3 in Cromwell, CT. The shop boasts an indoor carpet track and plenty of parking lot room for messing around with our beasts![:D] Depending on turnout, which I hope is great, we may set up tables and tents outside so that there is ample room for everyone.[8D]

What about outdoor racing you ask??? Anthony's friend has a shop 10 minutes away that is complete with an outdoor track![;)] As far as a time, we are shooting for late spring/early summer...but that is not written in stone as of yet...more details will follow on that.

So...sound good guys? I want as many people to show up as possible...even if it is just to stop in and meet everyone. Now...what I need from all of you...is to know who is going to be there, so as to give me a rough idea on a figure. Shoot me an email and tell me whether you can make it or not. [:D] Of course, you may all bring refreshments for yourselves (soda's, chips,etc.) There may be refreshments there, but just in case!

I hope that everyone is happy with how this is going so far. I am really excited to see how this is going to turn out![^]

Thank You all for helping us get things started![:D]

Here is my email address:

mike1@dejazzd.com

Ya'll come!

Mike Lentoski

tamiya_mike

The Connecticut location is good for me. I'll come, depending on the date. Probably bring my kid too.

Might be a good ieas to start a new thread for this so we don't get our posts mixed up with the west coast guys plans.

Allright...the latest news...hats off to AirXtreme(Anthony)as there will be NO TRACK FEES AT ALL FOR THE MEET!!The only cost will be for refreshments and food...this is to help cover the cost incurred by feeding alot of people...no problem there!

The meet itself, will be non-profit. No money can or will be made on off of the TamiyaClub name. We were thinking of holding a raffle for something small, wheteher that will happen or not is still in the air...there will be alot going on, and there may not be much time to do that.

For our off road racers, Anthony's friend has a dirt track at his house! It is a manageable course...jumps are not bad so as to not break our vintage beauties!

As far as a date we are leaning toward sometime in mid May, but that is not a definite...we have talked about either the 15th & 16th or the 22nd & 23rd...both being held on a Sat/Sun.

More later...

Mike

OK...its done! The 1st Annual Tamiya Club meet for the US East Coast is on![^]

The meet will be held at Speed-Zone Hobbies, in Cromwell, CT on May 15th & 16th. Time of meet will be 10-5 on Saturday and Sunday is OPEN

There will be a raffle held for a NIB kit, with tickets being sold for $2 each to cover the cost of the kit. Which kit we buy will be determined by the amount of money we receive for tickets[?]. If we do not receive enough money for a decent kit, all will be refunded. Any monies left over will be directly forwarded to TamiyaClub.com as a donation to the site.

There will also be a trophy awarded for "Best in Show"[:D]. We will judge cars/trucks, or have people vote on the winner for the trophy.

Attendees will have the option of sending money for tickets via PayPal to Potential_Esquire(Josh), or simply purchase a ticket upon arrival. If you would like to prepay for tickets, please send funds via PayPal to potentialesquire@hotmail.comAll monies sent need to be in US $$ (American Dollar)INDIVIDUAL MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN THE RAFFLE. IF NOT PRESENT, ANOTHER WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN.

All monies will be strictly monitored by Josh, with log kept. Also, monies will be non-refundable, unless there is not enough money raised for the kit. If enough money is raised, there may be two drawings...all depends on the response that we get.

There will be food and drinks/refreshments available. Anthony(AirXtreme)will be cooking up some burgers, dogs, etc, for all atendees. He will be charging a small fee to cover cost of food.

WE NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAN ON ATTENDING SO THAT WE CAN GET ENOUGH FOOD. YOU WANT TO EAT, DON'T YA?[;)]

Please email Potential_Esquire, Dephcon5, or myself(tamiya_mike), or simply respond to this topic and let us know if you are coming.

The web address for Speed Zone hobbies is :

www.speedzone-hobbies.com

I know that this is going to turn out to be great, and I thank everyone who helped me to get it started![8D]

Sincerely,

Mike Lentoski

(tamiya_mike)

Thanks Chris...don't worry about the pics...I am sure there will be plenty![:D] We may not be th most photgenic...but...hey...it's not about us...it's about the tamiyas, right?[;)]

I plan to come at least one of the days. I'll be bringing my 6 year old son.