Sign in to follow this  
tamiya_mike

TC MEETING IN THE U.S. ???

Hi...

Congrats for the 1st Tamiya meeting.

I'm planning to go there, but need some help.

I live in L.A and I'm new in the U.S. so far all I know is Los Angeles.

OK here is what I need.

If I'm going from LAX, what airport should I go to in CT ?

Is accomodation easy ?

[?]

Thx

hsw

I'm not from CT, but since no one else has replied to your travel question, I'll give it a shot.

Cromwell CT is about a 2 hour drive from JFK airport in NYC. LaGuardia airport (NYC) is about 15 minutes closer. Both are major airports.

There is also an airport in Ct, Bradley International (BDL), about 25 miles from Cromwell. Not sure how big this airport is, and whether or not you will find any good flights to it.

All of the above info comes from Mapquest, so double check it first.

Is there an agenda planned for the meet? I need to start getting cars ready to bring and want to get an idea which cars would be best to spend my time on.

Will we doing carpet/parking lot or going to the offroad track?

Thanks,

Allright fellas...unfortunately there was an error on my part in setting the date(s) for this meet. The TC East Coast meet is postponed until we can figure out another date that will work for everyone. I am sorry for the mixup, and please know that the meet will still be held, just not on the 15th and 16th of May as was originally proposed.

I will keep everyone informed as new info arises.

Mike Lentoski

[^]I think it's great that you have this meet coming together, I do have a suggestion for the next one(I am just now reading all the messages in this forum) it might be a good idea to have the meet travel to different states each year, I know it would make it a little tougher, but it would allow those of us who live further out of having a chance to make one of these events. I live in North Carolina, so driving to Conn. is a long ride. I know there is a good R/C shop about an hour from me that has an indoor carpet oval and an off-road track outside to use. Just a thought. Can't wait to see the photos from the inaugral event!id="Comic Sans MS">

band,

There is nothing stopping you from setting up a meet in NC. The one in CT seems to be dead anyway.

I live in New Jersey, I'd still love to see a meet come together. Anybody interested in my area?? I wouldn't mind coming down to NC for a meet as that's where I originally started racing. I'm not sure if Island Raceway is still around, but that's where I used to race.

I think it's important we work out some details.

Thanks fellas