Sign in to follow this  
jozza

What did you break at Kidderminster?

Following on from the "What are you bringing to Kidd" topic, I thought it might be interesting to see who broke what.

I broke:-

• My Baja Champ rear suspension mount (fixed expertly by Dazmeister, cheers!)
  • My Monster Beetle front wheel - I thought that the front was a bit sloppy when running it around the track, then found that the whole of the front wheel was sheared next to the bearing!
  • The Midnight Pumpkin suffered a bent steering rod and the balljoint pulled out of the servo saver.
  • My Mini-T chassis - only the brace bit at the front, which should only be a couple of quid to replace.
  • The aerial on my transmitter

I also bent a fair few tent pegs hammering them into the solid rock which was an inch below the ground in the campsite [B)].

Very little damage considering the hard driving I gave the buggies... :

• Snapped upper front bulkhead of the Falcon on landing a huge jump. Claire got it on video as well...!
  • Bent all four driveshafts on the Gravel Hound what with a few rolls and cartwheels. Rest of the car stood up well and was remarkably fast. Very impressed, I think a few people will be off to buy those now...! I should be on commission from Tamiya...!
  • King Blackfoot got absolutely no damage whatsoever. Well, what did you expect. it's the toughest model Tamiya ever made. Ilaunched it hard off every jump in a desparate attempt to break something, but it just kept coming back for more.

quote:Originally posted by Wireless

[*]Bent all four driveshafts on the Gravel Hound what with a few rolls and cartwheels. Rest of the car stood up well and was remarkably fast. Very impressed, I think a few people will be off to buy those now...! I should be on commission from Tamiya...!

id="quote">id="quote">

Guilty as charged [:I] Picked one up from James before leaving on Sunday. Noticed that Jason has some 3rd party universals to fit these - you reckon they'd be stronger than the stock drive shafts?

Main casualty for me was some scraped paint on the Mu after playing 'tightropes' round the track edges with Muddy and Biggus.

Right where do I start [:I]

Gravel Hound : Bent all four driveshafts and the spare 2 given to me by evoman (two are completely shot to bits now)

Rough Rider : Basically the whole front end needs replacing and I twisted the rear solid diff outdrive.

Top Force Evo : Cracked a front hub.

FJ Landcruiser TA01 : Gearbox sounds very rough.

Hotshot : Gearbox sounds very rough.

Dyna Storm : Rear wing is bent.

Blackfoot Xtreme : Despite mega abuse I only snapped a spotlight off.

Mounty : Bent chassis and snaped a spotlight off.

Think thats about it !

Daz

Daz, I wonder why ya have soo many cream crackered cars!? [8)]

Your a chuffin loon on track that's why mate!! But, A good loon! [;)]

I saw ya not bother turning at end of start straight, Just for laugh!

It looked ace mind [:D][;)]

Anyway, I didn't do too bad...

Just broke a front arm on the Optima & gearbox has gone bye, bye in Supershot. That's it! Sound stuff!

Hehe, sounds like Dazmeister's in the lead for broken bits so far [:D]. I did enjoy the Blackfoot launch-into-the-bushes stunt he pulled, very impressive [^]. Got my other bits for fixing the cars today, but found out that Ripmax don't have a single aerial in the country. Looks like I'm going to be getting out some copper wire, the blowtorch and some plumbers solder later on [:P]

Right, here's a breakdown on my 7 cars I took

• Rough Rider - Broke the lower mounts on the plastic rear cage
  • Monster Beetle - Massive crack down roof of the ABS body
  • Thundershot - one side of the rear suspension came apart, diff joint and driveshaft came out - fixed on trackside
  • Baja Champ - front wheel came off!!
  • Midnight Pumpkin - No issues
  • Blitzer Beetle - Bent rear driveshaft and front lower shock mounting came undone - also fixed on trackside
  • Frog - Diff starting to sound rough

Kevin

Things I broke at Kidderminster .....erm?

Not too Much damage, thank God! Considering I gave them a good thrashing!

Clod Buster - Snapped front gear box in half on first run! [:(]

Monster Beetle - Ripped sunroof off top of shell and stripped gears in steering servo

Terror Scorcher - Ripped front arm off breaking A5 part within first lap of the track on friday night!

Falcon - Ripped rear end of shell off

Cougar 2000 - (Borrowed off Quincy)Pulled all the screws out of front bulkhead.

Madbull - Unbroken and still running even though wife was driving! [:I]

All in all great weekend had by all I think. Thanks to everyone who made i happen [:D]

well I broke just about everything that I run and those that I didn't still had brief runs due to flat batteries and interferance problems :S but the biggest damage was confined to these cars...

SATUDAY:

Wild Dagger: steering servo kept slipping outa position/servo saver knackered [8)]

Kyosho Nissan Pathfinder: ripped off the rear bumper

Winger: snapped the right/front/lower wishbone on half (was cracked anyway?)

Wild Willy: Steering rods snapped off the Servo Saver, Bumper kept falling off [8)]

SUNDAY:

Avante: Mangled the rear wing, sheared off half the antenna mast and snapped off the steering rod from right hand upright

Ranger: servo saver slipped outa position, further cracked the front bumper.

TXT-1: kept pulling out front suspension rod ball joint ends.

the rest of the cars I took never got raced for one reason or another, still it woulden't be a Tamiyaclub drive if you didnt break something [;)]

Not much damage, but didn't have too much running.

Optima Pro - Rear UJ driveshaft bent, wishbone pivot pin bent, rear aluminium pivot pin support bent, screw that holds pivot pin in place stripped. All caused by Biggus' Hotshot kamakaze dive from the ramp onto the car.

Lazer - couldn't find the grp battery hold downs so used some Mid plastic ones. These dont work as well for keeping the batteries in place. Result - one fried nicad pack.

batt1.jpgbatt2.jpg

Had a great time, I'll have to make sure I can be there longer next time. More chance of destroying more cars that way.

LOL think i can match Dazmeister

Sand Scorcher - driver and sunroof fell out(have been wondering how to get those out without damaging them, RESULT :) ), lower wishbone grub screw stripped.

Modded Rough Rider - front shock lower mounting on nylon arm stripped (not surprising if you seen Twinsets pics)

PreRunner - Spur Gear Stripped (shouldnt have tried those stupid jumps)

Celica GrB - Wont stop popping hub from wishbones (suspect over worn now), saturday popped centre driveshaft out but fixed for sunday

TLT-1 - upper suspension link broken (again)

Sand Rover - Bent Roll bar and broken rear mount.

Frog - Transmission gear stripped (I think)

Hotshot - Driveshaft escaped

Wild Willy 2 - Headless (took some finding, thanks twinset)

Glad you found your WW2 head in the end Biggus. I forgot that one in my list above, Matt's WW2 is headless and tail-less, and the dashboard is being held in by the driver's toes [:D]. I wonder if it was your TLT which had the argument with my Mini-T? Can't remember, but the TLT won (It was a head-on with a TLT which bust the chassis on my 'T..)

I snapped my Rough Rider front bumper [V] Nothing to do with the thrashing it got on the track, just picked it one too many times by the front bumper when putting it in and out the car [8)]

Dynastorm wing got a bit bent and my JuggThing went through about 4 ball joints - thanks Quincy and Twinset for supplying more.

Mounty and Monster Beetle never made it to the starting line thanks to 'electrical' difficulties.

Tourag retired hurt, haven't worked out why yet.

Chris

I'm now laughing and counting my blessings for not going. I cannot believe you broke a A-5 part. I though those were bullet proof[:P][:P]. I'm also glad you got your truck netsmithUK. How is it?

I dont konw - you broke my old willy - oh well... at least you have one [:(][:(]

quote:Originally posted by jozza

Glad you found your WW2 head in the end Biggus. I forgot that one in my list above, Matt's WW2 is headless and tail-less, and the dashboard is being held in by the driver's toes [:D]. I wonder if it was your TLT which had the argument with my Mini-T? Can't remember, but the TLT won (It was a head-on with a TLT which bust the chassis on my 'T..)

id="quote">id="quote">

Well i can't match you guys for quantity but on a ratio of cars to damage i score 100% [:D]

Astute - New motor purchased the day before used a complete set of brushes and damaged the comm. Also broke rear wishbone pivot block (D parts) and bent a front turnbuckle.

Fox - Gearbox now slips and body won't sit straight. In my defence the car did switch itself off on full throttle!!

Schumacher Cougar 2 - Snapped driveshaft pin, bust front chassis wishbone mounting.

Well worth it though!

i got off quite lightly this time compared to snetterton and the course was more demanding on the cars!

terraschorcher-broke front arm mount(repaired trackside with cabletie!)rear arm pin stripped(now bolted on place)

bent driveshaft(who cares it still thrashed!!)

my srb-stripped middle gear opps!!!

wifes srb-broke shell(already been bust before feeoff's old runner shell!)

hotshot-stripped counter gear(motor not lined up properley)

mini t's-bent top arms(bent them back!)

rc10 worlds-pulled tire off mid race(still drove round and kicked butt!!)

rc10b4-cracked rear arm on awkward landing(repaired with cable tie!)

falcon-rear wing ripped off and bust airel tube in 3 places[?]