Sign in to follow this  
NYDriver

Anyone here in the New York City Area???

Hey guys, I haven't checked on here in a while... I will be working  memorial day weekend (arg!) at a "Real" car race (Barber Motorsports park in Alabama) but it all sounds great and would realy enjoy a R/C run with everyone here if a good place is found.  My backyard track has been finished/revived for quite some time and  I actually just got done driving my big wheeled hornet on it a while ago. I will probaly be out running on the old backyard track alot this weekend and occasionally other weekends... If anyone is interested and has time to stop by for a run contact me on my showroom contact deely. (Because as you can see I don't check on here to often) I also used to belong to a R/C car club that I still go and race at when I can. The club's web site is www.dirtrunners.com if anyone wants to check it out ... This is a big club and there is always plenty of racers.

So I was out on the gorgeous day that was Saturday here in the city. I came across  part of a horse trail that the Kensington Stables use and it almost looks like a thin oval track. The dirt is a bit loose and cars handle pretty well in it. It's not spectacular, but it was good enough for me to spend almost 3 hours there. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Park Circle entrance of Prospect Park. You can't park your car in the lot near it yet, but I believe there is a street entrance near the spot. I'll take some pics this week and post them. With some cones and a ramp or two (NYDriver), it could be made into a fun little track.

I still say Floyd Bennit Field but im willing to travel to prospect

park........ Is it a high trafic are IE alot of people there ? 

Just curious .... Marine Park is ok But it is a park with loads of

people, little kids and its right next to a big avenue..If you see ten

people in Floyd Benette Filed thats alot ... Its an old airbase with a

whole lot of room... Like NYDriver said there is a Model RC airfield

there but it takes up a very small part of  field ...... No

exageration the place is as big as a large theme park and maybe bigger

......... just my 2cents

I'm down with FBF is that's the popular vote. The place I found has a bit of traffic (a jogger every now and then), but they steer clear if they see you. The area is more narrow as compared to a field.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

That's my only concern as well...Though the place in PP may be smaller, it has great dirt.

I also found a cool spot for 3-Speeds right near this place

I agree to Prospect Park thats 1 Vote ......I may just need directions but lets do it yo....

List of Tamiya Fanatics going to Prospect Park : March 27th 2006 (Coming up soon Guys)

1) Vintagenewbie

2) ..

Question for you NYDriver you said you have a King Blackfoot... Whenever I go in reverse with my KB my front wheels Wiggle back and forth ?? just curious if you experienced this

Not to be a naysayer, but Prospect wont work only because a ten minute walk is quite long when you are carrying two or three cars, a dozen batteries, radio, and not to mention that I wanted to bring my 4 ramps and three dozen cones. Also, it would be great to be able to hook up a battery charger to a car so we never run out of juice.

Point taken...on the upside though, the street is right next to where we'd be and there are side entrances...if someone can get their car on the street we'd be ok.

Any other suggestions ... There are placs in FBF with Sand/Dirt I think and youd have no problem parking.. It doesnt really matter to me to tell you the truth...I'll run em anywhere, we seem to be the only three interested.... Anyone else out there HELLO!!! 

Hey guys, if I can make it this would be my first meet. What should I bring in terms of equipment? How many batteries are enough? What kind or specific type of field bag do I need? Etc.

FBF would be great as long as we could find dirt, there would be plenty of privacy and close parking too. I race my nitro sedan there, but we could not be near that track as we dont want to cause radio conflicts. Dynahead, I would say bring as many charged packs as you have. A good gym bag would be fine for your equipment.

So I guess FBF then ?? Ill take my camera on SAT and take some pictures....It might be a good Idea to list the frequency's your cars will be on so we dont have any dupes ....

I use FM and have several sets of crystals, so no worries here. I am thing ablout bring my Modified Blackfoot and My Emaxx, I have a modified Frog and an Associated B4 but they are in parts and I have no time to set them up.

I have a Sportmaxx a Blackfoot and a Re-Frog that Ill bring I think I have a bunch of frequencies I can bring so maybe we will be ok with the freq. Ive never run he sportmax so im not sure whats going to happen with it.............(Im a Nitro Newbie)

http://www.nps.gov/npnh/Graphics/Floyd%20Bennett%20Field.pdf

I was thinking we could meet somewhere near the archery range figure it out from there

Is the meet tomorrow? I'm not sure I can make it, I have some school work and Finals to prepare for.

Oh...thats right. I should go back and look at earlier posts.  My mistake [:$].  Maybe I can make it then.

It seems as though we may have some rain tomorrow. Should that be the case, should we set a rain date? Does June 11th sound good?

Guys, too much stuff has come up because of the holiday weekend, I cant make it tomorrow. Let me know when you want to try again.

Tom

Well Assuming its nice out tommorow i'll be there im charging batteries

right now......lets say 1:00...If not how about June 4th ?? June 11th

works too I guess