BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

???????????????????????????????????Are you sure you got the right thread fella? No one has made any plans for a KB on the 30th Jan 2009!

Anyways what a fantastic day!!! That had to be one of the most enjoyable bashes ever for me, great weather, good friends, not too many breakages, some new faces, loads of photos, even got some videoing done (well nikki did anyway) LOL

Big shout out to all that came and made the day so much fun, Lockeddiffxc (Pieman! LOL), Jozza, bonnerworld, fatal_error, 28yokid & 28yokids dad........

Its going to take me a while to sort out all the vids and photos so if you can all PM me your names and addresses il get them off to you ASAP on discs.

The next KB will be held in ESSEX possibly around Epping Forest or somewhere simular for more off roading fun, Jozza and I will try and get the venue sorted!!

Thanks again everyone for such a great day, Untill next time........TTFN

SORRY HAD A BLONDE MOMENT READ THE FIRST PAGE will keep an eye out for the next one as might be interested in coming it depends on what shifts im doing sorry again

The weather was most certainly on your side this weekend. And the few pictures that were posted look great. Lets hope Epping Forest holds out well for you guys. l will keep my packs on top-up hoping that l might be able to make it as l have mates down that way so l should be able to combine visits and drinks with a KB the next day.

smb

The weather was most certainly on your side this weekend. And the few pictures that were posted look great. Lets hope Epping Forest holds out well for you guys. l will keep my packs on top-up hoping that l might be able to make it as l have mates down that way so l should be able to combine visits and drinks with a KB the next day.

smb

Hey there fellas, Well as ive been working stupid hours the last couple of weeks ive not been able to get over to the land of Essex and get a bash site sorted, So IF you guys still want a bash this month but in Maidstone instead (@ Penenden heath) let me know by friday evening so I can put the word out and get some cars sorted out. Cheers all.....Chris

Hey there fellas, Well as ive been working stupid hours the last couple of weeks ive not been able to get over to the land of Essex and get a bash site sorted, So IF you guys still want a bash this month but in Maidstone instead (@ Penenden heath) let me know by friday evening so I can put the word out and get some cars sorted out. Cheers all.....Chris

I'd be up for it!

This weekend coming is the only weekend in which im busy now.

Chris you have caused me lots of trouble... I keep wanting to buy an e firestorm (mamba, lipo)..............

sounds good to me, got a 1/8 ic buggy to play with now as well as a few lonley others, maybe could start a rebuild of a trial corse ?

Aaarghh :D;):(:(:( - I've had trouble with the email and I didn't know a bash was on for today. I managed to have a look at a couple of possible Essex sites, but they were no-go for various reasons, so I am still on the lookout for a venue for Kent Bash On Tour in Essex; maybe it will be for the next-but-one bash.

I hope those of you who make it have a good day at Penenden Heath; I will have to keep a closer eye on the thread to make sure I don't miss the next one!

John

Got there at 08:45........Left at 10:30 cos no one turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):(:D:(

Sorry Belly, didnt know it was today!

What a mess!

It looks like there has been some confusion with the date :D:(:( , So here is the date for the next bash.....Sun 23rd Nov :(:P:P

Can I get some ideas from you guys about where it should be held.....Essex or Kent? and what sort of terrain should it be biased towards? Mr Pushrod has already said he would like to make it, So lets try and get a good sized get together like our old KB's of yesteryear!!

Hows about it fellas waddya say???

Untill we meet again on the 23rd of Nov, Take care everyone out there in TC land.....Chris ;)

Been away for a few days and just got back so thats my excuse for not replying/turning up today.......

Can't do the 23 Nov due to a race meeting ;)

I do feel the need to get the E Firestorm out of its box again soon though :D so will probably take a trip to the Heath when the weather gets a bit better....

23rd Nov sounds good to me - it misses my race meetings nicely and gives me time to fix my cars up.

I might be able to get out next Sunday to scout for an Essex venue, but if I can't find anything suitable then Penenden Heath is my fave venue as I like the terrain, there's plenty of parking and a loo, and it's only 10 miles from me (well, it would be if I could use an amphibian car to cross the Thames :) ).

I've found a possible site on a byway in Essex quite close to the M25; if I can get down there next weekend I'll let you know if it's a go-er and then we could decide on a venue which suits the most people possible.

There must surely be a few more Essex Boys who would be up for a bash day on Essex or Kent turf too, surely I (and Bazman?) can't be the only Essex based bashers ??

It looks like there has been some confusion with the date ;):(:huh: , So here is the date for the next bash.....Sun 23rd Nov :P:P:P

Can I get some ideas from you guys about where it should be held.....Essex or Kent? and what sort of terrain should it be biased towards? Mr Pushrod has already said he would like to make it, So lets try and get a good sized get together like our old KB's of yesteryear!!

Hows about it fellas waddya say???

Untill we meet again on the 23rd of Nov, Take care everyone out there in TC land.....Chris :)

OK 23rd is now blocked out of my diary. I would prefer a Kent location myself. Has anyone been up to Fowl Mead nr Deal? I go there quite a bit, soft and flat-ish surface BUT has loads of jumps for climbing (think BMX track).

If anyone wants to check it out I am happy to meet you or I could go and photo and post here???? The only issue is that the site only allows electric powered cars.

28YOK

sorry chris, really sorry, from me saying yes to comming and it being sunday morning went in a blink, and hadnt got anything ready, plus the only car we have in the household right now was in use

by the 23rd i should have car running again (fingers crossed, it is an alfa) and should be able to go where ever, kent would be prefered but a new location would be nice, but i can understand it is hard to find them

although there is a bit of the old a249 just round the corner from penenden heath that is good, there is some old land there with some bike jumps and a section for xc trials and if it is no good is only 2 minutes from the heath

Got there at 08:45........Left at 10:30 cos no one turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::(:angry::(

No one turned up apart from me. I woke up like most to miserable weather so hung out my departure time hoping for better weather. It never came so at about 11.30 I left with the kids in tow having charged about 12 stickpacks ready. Got there just after 12 to find.......nobody lol. Defo the quietest bash for me.

Sorry to hear that Bangstick - it's happened to me before when I've turned up a little late and everyone else has already gone and it's a bit of a bummer (I remember once driving for 1.5 hours to a bash day, got there about lunchtime and no one was there. Played with the E-zilla for 5 minutes and then turned around and spent another 1.5 hours driving home. When I got back, I found that a couple of people had turned up early, but with the poor weather and low turnout, they had given up and gone about 1/2 hour before I got there). Hopefully you can make it on the 23rd Nov, I think that there should be a good turnout then as we've all got plenty of time to prepare and hopefully the weather will be kinder.

I think that next time there is a bash it might be an idea for those of us with internet access on our phones to keep an eye on this thread, and post info if it looks like no one is going to turn up and we are going early, that way it means latecomers can check here before setting out to avoid disappointment. The only possible fault in that plan is that when you are busy having a fun bash time, it's easy to forget to check your text messages/the internet...

Sorry to hear that Bangstick - it's happened to me before when I've turned up a little late and everyone else has already gone and it's a bit of a bummer (I remember once driving for 1.5 hours to a bash day, got there about lunchtime and no one was there. Played with the E-zilla for 5 minutes and then turned around and spent another 1.5 hours driving home. When I got back, I found that a couple of people had turned up early, but with the poor weather and low turnout, they had given up and gone about 1/2 hour before I got there). Hopefully you can make it on the 23rd Nov, I think that there should be a good turnout then as we've all got plenty of time to prepare and hopefully the weather will be kinder.

I think that next time there is a bash it might be an idea for those of us with internet access on our phones to keep an eye on this thread, and post info if it looks like no one is going to turn up and we are going early, that way it means latecomers can check here before setting out to avoid disappointment. The only possible fault in that plan is that when you are busy having a fun bash time, it's easy to forget to check your text messages/the internet...

Luckily I'm only 40 mins away, took the kids to the little playpark there so it was all good in the end. They got some fresh air either way ;-)

What a total ****a that no one turned up. That has to be a first in KB history so come on lads don't let it happen again. I was out of the area that weekend so unable to make it and it seems l am unable to do anything for November and December due to weekends being busy looking for a VW camper van. Now that will be a great base for repairing broken models at a KB....rain or shine......roll on the right van!!!!!

smb

Anyone got a location yet????

3 weeks to go...and counting...!

PS, what do you think of Foul Mead? I put some pics up on my Deal Bashing thread....

I reckon the Warren in Ashford would be good. Might be some leaf **** everywhere but thats not stopped us in the past. Best thing about there is that the local mountain bike bellends seem to chop and change it quite regular so it's always different.

Anyway I got a few decent runners now so looking forward to trying them out.

Afternoon guys and gals, Well its a whole week now till the next KB and its time to decide where the fun will be held, Maidstone or Ashford? I think Deal will be kept for a bash next year if thats ok.....as we may have a few guys comming from further a field it may be better to run at a place we all know well....My vote is for Maidstone as is Mr Pushrods, Lets hear from you and make a decission in the next couple of days, we want to make this a good turn out like the KB's of old......Chris

Looks like I have to work saturday and sunday next weekend, the way things are I can't afford to turn work away. It's a shame I was looking forward to tyring out my new XC :D