BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Sunday 2nd would probably be good for me - as usual for me I can't be 100% sure until the day cos it's quite a long trek, and I often find I've been roped into other family things, but I'll do my best to be there if it's on :) .

So what we doing then? Sunday 2nd at the quarry?? been dry lately so should be ok.......famous last words! :) unless any of you guys favour somewhere else.....

I should still be okay for Sunday the 2nd - where's the quarry? The only venue I know is Penenden Heath. Is the quarry the one nearer Ashford? Penenden is best for me, as it's closest to the Dartford Tunnel, but I'll go wherever the action is :) .

Quarry gets my vote. Hopefully I'l have my new HB rovers for the AX10 by then :rolleyes:

If the general consensus is to go to Pennenden, I'll be at the quarry on Monday anyway :)

Just checked the forecast. Apparently we're going to get heavy rain on Saturday and Sunday B)

Why does it always work like that? Beautiful all week, then rains hard at the weekend. Doubly so if it's a Bank Holiday weekend.

Crossing fingers that it changes between now and then.

I should still be okay for Sunday the 2nd - where's the quarry? The only venue I know is Penenden Heath. Is the quarry the one nearer Ashford? Penenden is best for me, as it's closest to the Dartford Tunnel, but I'll go wherever the action is B) .

Whatever the weather, just for info Jozza, the Quarry is between Ashford and Maidstone

Here

Yep Sunday is good for me, subject to weather. If not Monday.

So is it Quarry or Penenden

Forecast for Sunday looks a bit grim :(

Monday looks more promising weather-wise - if it looks grim on Sunday I probably won't make it, as it's a long trek for me to take on the offchance of a dry hour, but I should be okay for Monday if the weather forecast looks more promising..

SteelRat, thanks for the link to the quarry. Are you still going to be at the Quarry on Monday? If so, I'll try to get down there for then. Are nitro's okay, or is it electric only?

looks unlikely that i'll be going due to the weather :(

As for the quarry, I think the opinion was not to encourage nitros so as not to draw too much attention to ourselves, not meant to be there really :)

Monday looks more promising weather-wise - if it looks grim on Sunday I probably won't make it, as it's a long trek for me to take on the offchance of a dry hour, but I should be okay for Monday if the weather forecast looks more promising..

SteelRat, thanks for the link to the quarry. Are you still going to be at the Quarry on Monday? If so, I'll try to get down there for then. Are nitro's okay, or is it electric only?

Nah I've promised the gf I'm taking her and her kids to the BHP Performance show at Lydden Circuit on Monday, so looks like a bash free weekend for me :(

As for the quarry, nitro's are fine, afaik. It's right out the way so not a problem with noise.

Well if the quarry bash is off for Monday I might goto Penenden just to given the CC01 and summit a run.

Hi chaps, Well I was going to make an appearance at the bash but ive just got up and its hammering down here so it looks like il be spending the day at home putting together our new Ikea TV units, LOL. The Joy!!!!! I can hardly contain myself!!!!! LOL

Ive gotta get to a bash soon or i may just lose my mind!

Hi chaps, Well I was going to make an appearance at the bash but ive just got up and its hammering down here so it looks like il be spending the day at home putting together our new Ikea TV units, LOL. The Joy!!!!! I can hardly contain myself!!!!! LOL

Guys has anyone got any dates in mind to try for another bash at the quarry (Subject to weather :) ) or can suggest another good site for crawlers? The Summit and CC01 Touareg(mkIII) need good challenge.

Guys has anyone got any dates in mind to try for another bash at the quarry (Subject to weather :) ) or can suggest another good site for crawlers? The Summit and CC01 Touareg(mkIII) need good challenge.

I'm free next Sunday, and so far (at least!) the forecast is good.

Same time same place next week?

Hi Chris, I might still be able to come out for a quick bash at Penenden tomorrow if anyone else is going. Otherwise I'm afraid I can't make any weekends until early June, got a shedload of family stuff going on over the next few weeks and then I've got to go to Italy for work (not as nice as it sounds, spending 4 days looking at tractors and talking about tractors). I've not got many cars to run, but will be able to bring out the E-Firestorm and the Lunchbox if nothing else..

I'm free next Sunday, and so far (at least!) the forecast is good.

Same time same place next week?

Yep I should be free. As for Penenden tomorrow its likely to be too wet, its still raining in Medway so I guess its the same in Maidstone.

Yep I should be free. As for Penenden tomorrow its likely to be too wet, its still raining in Medway so I guess its the same in Maidstone.

Ah well, I'll have to see if I can do some local bashing in Essex, it stopped raining here in the afternoon, now it's just freezing! I'll keep my eye open for the date of the next KB after next week, and hopefully the weather will be kinder and I'll be able to make it.

Still on for the weekend?

Weather permitting, yes. May not make it till a bit later though, because I'm out at a 21st birthday party tonight, so could be a little worse for wear tomorrow morning ;)

Weather permitting, yes. May not make it till a bit later though, because I'm out at a 21st birthday party tonight, so could be a little worse for wear tomorrow morning :P

ok, the weather is not looking that great again ;)

ok, the weather is not looking that great again ;)

I know... it's rained the last 3 Sundays in a row. Blummin weather.. pain in the 'arris!

I know... it's rained the last 3 Sundays in a row. Blummin weather.. pain in the 'arris!

Its 4 in a row now :rolleyes:

Rained overnight here, so we will have to arrange another bash.

Probably too late for most of you to read this.. but I'm going to be at the Ashford Quarry site tomorrow from 10 / half 10 ish. The only way to do this is sneak up on it.. just like trying to arrange a BBQ in the UK Summer :D

May see you there. ;)