BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Bah :)

I'll be sure to post pics and gloat about what an awesome time I had then :P :P :P :P hehehe.

hi ya guys its been ages since i last got out and had a good run with my models. i have a confession to make (mostly to chris) i have got rid of my last xc in a trade to the dark side (aka axial scx10 please dont ban me :lol: lol ) i was just wondering if anyone would be up for a scale off road gtg at the Warren Ashford some time soon if you,re up for it let me know and we can work out what dates/times suit everyone (i,ll say now that i can,t do sundays)

hope to hear from you guys soon cheers

difflockxc (graham/ pieman)

hi ya guys its been ages since i last got out and had a good run with my models. i have a confession to make (mostly to chris) i have got rid of my last xc in a trade to the dark side (aka axial scx10 please dont ban me :lol: lol ) i was just wondering if anyone would be up for a scale off road gtg at the Warren Ashford some time soon if you,re up for it let me know and we can work out what dates/times suit everyone (i,ll say now that i can,t do sundays)

hope to hear from you guys soon cheers

difflockxc (graham/ pieman)

Definitely count me in. Never been to the warren before, what sort of terrain is it? Be good to try out my AX10 there. It's changed a LOT since you last saw it. 2.2 Flat Irons, HiLux shell and exo cage.

Welcome to the Axial club by the way :(

Yep, count me in as well. It will give the Summit a good test and my cc01

Yep the warren is a great place for crawler/XC's so count me in.....I am actually in portugal at the moment (sad that I still feel the need to check out Tamiya club whilst on my hols :lol: ) back in a couple of weeks..

well the dates i,m free at the mo are 14th or 28th August if anyone has a preference let me know as i dont mind either and just want to get out with the scx and try it out propperly

well the dates i,m free at the mo are 14th or 28th August if anyone has a preference let me know as i dont mind either and just want to get out with the scx and try it out propperly

I have an airport run to do in the morning of the 14th, so won't be able to get there until at least 11. I'm ok for the 28th

14th is no good for me either, 1:1 car's in the garage. Ok for the 28th tho :lol:

looks like the 28th it is then. shall we say 10.00 at the warren and see what we want to do from there. has anyone heard anything from chris lately or are you still lurking around on here c,mon get ya xcs out and have a play :)

cheers difflockxc

looks like the 28th it is then. shall we say 10.00 at the warren and see what we want to do from there. has anyone heard anything from chris lately or are you still lurking around on here c,mon get ya xcs out and have a play :)

cheers difflockxc

Sounds go to me. I have never been to the warren, is it easy to find?

As for Chris, not heard a thing for ages. Have tried to email him?

hi guys i have managed too get in contact with chris but he is away that weekend and i now have to work that day too so it looks like this one will have to go on hold for a little while :lol:

I'm up for it.

Weekend of the 25th.. say the Sunday at the Park n Ride?

I should be ok for that weekend

looking forward to 25th September then :lol:

Weekend of the 25th.. the Sunday is the 26th. That's the day I'm talking about, just to save any confusion!

10 a.m... I'll see you there. Looking forward to it too :lol:

Weekend of the 25th.. the Sunday is the 26th. That's the day I'm talking about, just to save any confusion!

10 a.m... I'll see you there. Looking forward to it too :lol:

ooooppps, I meant the 26th! :lol:

Guys,

are we still on for this Sunday? Could someone confirm which park and ride? Andy

Yup all still happening.

It's the Pennenden Heath Park and Ride in Maidstone. Get the roundabout with the garden centre and take the exit towards Maidstone town. At the next roundabout, go all the way round and back on yourself, but take the first exit off as you're heading back. There's a small road that takes you behind the hotel (think it's the Hilton) and it's just in there.

Good range of surfaces which make it an ideal bash spot. Asphalt, gravel, some nice crawling spots too.

If you're still unsure where it is, we can swap mobiles via PM, and I can direct you in on the day.

Failing that, here's a link on Google Maps:

Park and Ride location.

Hi guys,

I might be a bit late tomorrow, but should be no later than 1030hrs. Fingers crossed for the weather.

Andy

Good to see the usual crowd, and nice to meet 80skid .. just a shame the weather did it's usual thing on Kent bashes and stopped play!

All breakages repaired, and after a quick strip down this afternoon (steeaddyyy!) I found out what was making the noise in the Slash.

No teeth on the spur gear. At all. Haven't got a clue what the culprit was, although I'm thinking a stray bit of grit got in the gap in the drive shaft cover. Whatever it was, I've got a new spur gear on order (few quid from Wheelspin, so no big drama), and it'll give me the chance to clean everything out, re grease it and cover that gap up with a bit of strategically cut sponge! (rubber sponge that is, not jam sponge)